Question Redmi 8A Dual (Olivewood) Rooting | First Thread

Search This thread

Pavan__pavan

Dec 28, 2020
Dear Great Developers,
I am unable to root the new android phone from Redmi 8A Dual using Magisk 20.4 (20400) and Magisk Manager 7.5.1 (267).
I have tried Patching Boot.img (From official Mi Rom) with latest Magisk Version in normal mode and recovery mode too. But there is no success. The weird part is the TWRP 3.3.1 is also not giving any kind of error. Process Completes Successfully without any error but after rebooting in normal mode, Magisk Manager is showing no Magisk is installed. Bootloader is unlocked. MIUI 11.0.6.0 Stable (PCQINXM)
Can you give link to twrp ? Please

STEPS For ROOTiNG REDMi 8a OliVEWOOD are

First Unlock the Bootloader by Following steps :
After That only Rooting is possible.

STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER :

1. Enable developer options from About phone Section in settings app

2. Enable OEM unlock in Developer option of Device

2.Add Mi account to Mi Unlock Status in Developer options

3. Turn on Find my Device on Mi cloud

4. Enable USB Debugging on Developer options

5. Unlock The device first time officially connecting to laptop by waiting till 365 Hours and trying again with Mi Unlock Tool after 365 hours
, by installing Drivers From Miunlock Tool

STEPS FOR INSTALLING RECOVERY :

1. Download TWRP, OrangeFox ZIP, Pitch Black recovery ZIP from Official Site

2.Extract Recovery Image From ZIP

3.Boot phone to Fastboot and Flash Recovery via CMD from Windows OS Cdrive using command Fastboot Flash Recovery TwrpRecovery.img

NOTE: remember to boot into recovery immediately after flashing it, otherwise phone will switch to its Normal stock recovery on its own

STEPS FOR ROOTING OLIVEWOOD PHONE :

1.Download Patched Boot image from yaalex site https://patcher.yaalex.tk/

2. Download Magisk zip from Magisk official site

3. First, Flash Patched boot image via Recovery First

4.Second, Flash MagisK zip file via Recovery continously after that

5. Boot into System

6. Viola your Phone is Rooted You are Good to use root apps with Root permission

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavan__pavan
ISSUE : Safety Net is not passing in New magisk update on my phone after unistalling EdXposed framework

is anybodys REDMI 8A OLIVEWOOD device passing safetynet with cts profile true and basic integrity true , Safety Net as Sucess or only i am having the ISSUE after NEW MAGISK VERSION Update ???showing CTS PROFILE as false safety net as FAiled

Can Anyone Help Please

Last edited:
Last edited:

Pavan__pavan

Dec 28, 2020
Can you give link for custom roms (pie preferably) ?
Please this miui is irritating and I couldn't find one
Will gsi roms work ? If yes from where to install that
Thanks for help
Links Of Recovery :
1. OliveLite Twrp official
https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredmi8a.html
2.Pitch Black Olivewood official Recovery

I Think These Custom Recoveries Should Work

Can you give link for custom roms (pie preferably) ?
Please this miui is irritating and I couldn't find one
Will gsi roms work ? If yes from where to install that
Thanks for help

Havoc GSi Roms are there there , Havoc GSI OliveLite Roms are there in net , SourceForge site,
i would prefer not to install it
i haven't tried it yet ,
it might Brick the phone,
so try it your own Risk

Last edited:

Pavan__pavan

Dec 28, 2020
Install Droid Info App or AiDA64 app
and
it will give information about processor architecture wheter it is 64 bit or 32bit

And lot more information about phone

Actually my Olivewood phone is 64 bit processor
And 32bit Miui OS
I'll share screenshot of my phone info please look into it
IMG-20210124-WA0001.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you help me...

Can you give a tutorial .how to root redmi olivewood ?
    I try patched boot img and flash with PC, my device not rooted...
    Can you help me...
    I dont know why, but with rmn7p (violet) I can directly flash magisk then the device is rooted, but rm8a is failed, I tried your way but failed again at the patch site, it said something is wrong with boot.img
    finally I find out a youtube clip that has links of patched boot.mg of some MIUI versions of rm8a, I tried the 10.3.3.0 one and got successful

the website method was the only one which worked for me just a few days back, i used the boot image of rom zip.
    direct magisk zip flashing or flashing magisk boot image doesn't work on miui. You've got to patch your boot image differently in order to successfully install magisk on your device.

Patch your bootimage via url. flash it using fastboot or custom recovery,then flash magisk zip.

Note: patch and flash only the boot image of your specific rom, if your rom is 11.xx.6 then flash boot of that version only, don't flash boot image of any other version of rom.

Hello excalibur
    I already tried patched boot image.
    Boot.img is from official Stock Rom which my mobile is currently using (So there is no issue with boot.img)
    Next I patched boot.img with the link you provided as well as Patching via Magisk Manager.
    Flashed both patched Boot.img files using TWRP recovery and orangefox recovery.
    Both didn't showed any errors, infact the flashing result showed was successfull.
    But when I switch on in normal mode magisk manager showing magisk not installed.

(
    Mobile phone Model = Redmi 8a Dual
    Bootloader status = unlocked
    MIUI 11.0.6.0 (PCQINXM)
    Codename of Stock ROM = Olivewood
    MIUI ROM (treble)
    )
    No need to patch it twice. Just use the site once

:cyclops: No you got me wrong. I patched only once. I mean to say I patched image via magisk manager and flashed it. It didn't worked. I again tried patched image via url provided and flashed successfully. It also not worked for me.
    Patch your bootimage via https://patcher.yaalex.tk/. flash it using fastboot or custom recovery,then flash magisk zip.
    Can you please provide the patcher.7z file? The link now returns to a web version in github, which involves procedures with unclear instructions. I'd rather use a compiled patcher from the old archive.