• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Redmi 9c Angelica Custom ROM Lineage OS 17 Android 10

Search This thread

Dawood99

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi 9C
Hey guys found our first custom ROM, it's not official but I've been using it for about a week now and the performance is excellent.

There is not many bugs that I've noticed and build is very stable. One big I've noticed is that when kernel is on performance, the screen does not go off automatically.

I've used Kernel Tasker to avoid this issue by turning on performance for certain apps and games, while keeping the system at Interactive for most tasks.

At the bottom is the link for instructions, the OS and gapps. There is a thread in this forum for passing safety net which I recommend. It solved all issues for me since magisk is failing safety net while other safety apps are passing. All the best rooting enjoy the ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-234006_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20210428-234006_Updater.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20210428-234020_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210428-234020_Trebuchet.png
    726.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20210426-174903_SafetyNet_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210426-174903_SafetyNet_Test.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Alficiro

MHaseebpk

Mar 20, 2021
I have tried before you but can't flash it in recovery
After that my phone didn't boot more into system
So I flashed my phone and make workable you should remove this thread

MHaseebpk

Mar 20, 2021
Pitch black recovery keeps restarting every time when I tried to flash this custom
I don't know what is wrong
Tried so much but in vein
Finally I flashed my phone and makes it workable

JoostA

Jan 9, 2015
Houten
Redmi 9C
Pitch black recovery keeps restarting every time when I tried to flash this custom
I don't know what is wrong
Tried so much but in vein
Finally I flashed my phone and makes it workable
Defintely something wrong. I *did*remove my Mi Account, but to no avail, the phone keeps returning to Pich Black Recovery. I would say: not at all recommended to use this ROM. I am quite experienced in rooting phones, but this one fails in any respect. Do not use this ROM!

Dawood99

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi 9C
Defintely something wrong. I *did*remove my Mi Account, but to no avail, the phone keeps returning to Pich Black Recovery. I would say: not at all recommended to use this ROM. I am quite experienced in rooting phones, but this one fails in any respect. Do not use this ROM!
I don't know what u guys are doing wrong but I'm still using this ROM till today, haven't found anything else but haven't really looked either.

Follow the instructions on the website to the T, wipe when it tells u to wipe and flash everything in order.

The model 9C I'm using is the global variant and it's not NFC. So perhaps you guys are using different variant but I doubt that could be the problem.

I believe somewhere u guys skipped or improvised a step because from my experience with rooting, 1 little detail skipped or over looked or something that might seem harmless can brick a phone.

I have been rooting since 2015 and my 1st phone was hauwei mate 7. Nearly hard bricked the phone and I had to pay to unlock bootloader using DC Unlocker. I rooted using a 3rd party rooting app, can't remember the name but it almost cost me the phone.

But this ROM works for me but it's a gsi ROM, it's not actually a custom ROM. There are other gsi ROMs out there that u could try. Download treble info for more info on which gsi is compatible.

Dawood99

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi 9C
I don't know what u guys are doing wrong but I'm still using this ROM till today, haven't found anything else but haven't really looked either.

Follow the instructions on the website to the T, wipe when it tells u to wipe and flash everything in order.

The model 9C I'm using is the global variant and it's not NFC. So perhaps you guys are using different variant but I doubt that could be the problem.

I believe somewhere u guys skipped or improvised a step because from my experience with rooting, 1 little detail skipped or over looked or something that might seem harmless can brick a phone.

I have been rooting since 2015 and my 1st phone was hauwei mate 7. Nearly hard bricked the phone and I had to pay to unlock bootloader using DC Unlocker. I rooted using a 3rd party rooting app, can't remember the name but it almost cost me the phone.

But this ROM works for me but it's a gsi ROM, it's not actually a custom ROM. There are other gsi ROMs out there that u could try. Download treble info for more info on which gsi is compatible.
I remember now, King Root that was the culprit app I used with that hauwei mate 7. 1st and last time I ever rooted with 3rd party app. I was so proud of myself when I saved that phone lol still am.

Dawood99

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi 9C
Booting into Lineage ROM. Perhaps others will have difficulty but if u follow instructions carefully and phone has been rooted properly, it will work.

I recommend the guide for rooting by 0purple. How to root and pass safetynet.

Also very important remove Mi account and reboot phone to insure that phone won't lock similar to Google account lock. So remove all accounts and back up data. As the instructions indicate you will be wiping phone as OS requires a clean install.

Attachments

• VID-20210531-WA0007.mp4
    6.4 MB · Views: 0

darifgsm

Jun 18, 2021
i flash this customer rom to remove mi account after done camera not work! and after format user data now stuck at recovery i reflash it with stock rom and custom rom but always stuck at logo ! any solution pleas?

JaxxFrost

Jul 2, 2021
Is there no bugs in this rom
How did you flashed while pbrp keeps restarting?
I think the ROM originally posted might have a problem. Try follow my link and use 'snooks4tech's' rom. There is also a different recovery and vbmeta in this download that I flashed in fastboot. The rest of the process I more or less followed as per dawood99's video, eg the step to wipe those 3 things in Pitchblack, copy this rom over, and install it along with Gapps and Magisk with Pitchblack. I don't see Magisk in my phone now though. I'm not very experienced with custom roms BTW so not too sure if I had the right Magisk file. Snooks4tech's download has got instructions as well and does not mention Magisk. Thanks to Dawood99 for the video, even if I had problems with the rom it gave me a good overview of the steps and I learned a lot.

PS maybe I didn't answer your question. I had to download the Mi flasher, somehow I got it back into Fastboot, I think by holding power and down volume, then flashed it back to stock Xiaomi. Then I started the custom rom flashing process again. I think I flashed Pitchblack again, and Snooks4tech's vbmeta and recovery. It then booted into Pitchblack properly again, and I could do the rest.

So far this rom is working reasonably well for me, Google play store doesn't work but I side-install APK's by downloading from browser. F-droid app is also intermittently not giving me any apps when I search.

Again I'm not expert at all this so take what I say with a pinch of salt, I could be talking rubbish here and there.

Last edited:

Diotrihhi

Feb 21, 2020
Both ROMs and Install Instructions cause in a boot into PBRP recovery (tried with v3.0+3.1) and MIUI also doesn't boot :-(

My steps:
- In PBRP recovery
-> adb reboot bootloader
In Bootloader
-> fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta9c.img
Then I reboot phone with 3 different trys
-> 1. fastboot reboot
-> 2. Power On + Vol Up
-> 4. Power On + Vol Down
--> With all trys phone reboots into PBRP recovery
Push ZIP Files via MTP isn't possible, so:
-> adb push [LineageROM].zip /
-> adb push [GApps].zip /
Then in PBRP I go to "Install"
-> [LineageROM].zip with "Patch AVB2.0 Verity"
-> [GApps].zip also with "Patch AVB2.0 Verity"
Then I reboot to system from PBRP

But then PitchBlack reboots into recovery

Upgrade and downgrade of PBRP from 3.0 to 3.1 and back to 3.0 works without any problems.

Please help me, many thanks in advance!

/edit: Flashed original MIUI and reinstalled PBRP, then tried to install Lineage again, but boots only in recovery after flashing booth ROMs.

Last edited:

Dawood99

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi 9C
I think the ROM originally posted might have a problem. Try follow my link and use 'snooks4tech's' rom. There is also a different recovery and vbmeta in this download that I flashed in fastboot. The rest of the process I more or less followed as per dawood99's video, eg the step to wipe those 3 things in Pitchblack, copy this rom over, and install it along with Gapps and Magisk with Pitchblack. I don't see Magisk in my phone now though. I'm not very experienced with custom roms BTW so not too sure if I had the right Magisk file. Snooks4tech's download has got instructions as well and does not mention Magisk. Thanks to Dawood99 for the video, even if I had problems with the rom it gave me a good overview of the steps and I learned a lot.

PS maybe I didn't answer your question. I had to download the Mi flasher, somehow I got it back into Fastboot, I think by holding power and down volume, then flashed it back to stock Xiaomi. Then I started the custom rom flashing process again. I think I flashed Pitchblack again, and Snooks4tech's vbmeta and recovery. It then booted into Pitchblack properly again, and I could do the rest.

So far this rom is working reasonably well for me, Google play store doesn't work but I side-install APK's by downloading from browser. F-droid app is also intermittently not giving me any apps when I search.

Again I'm not expert at all this so take what I say with a pinch of salt, I could be talking rubbish here and there.
Thanks dude but I'm not responsible for making that video or am I responsible for the website or the files posted on it. I merely stumbled upon the ROM and I should not be credited for it. The creator is credited on the Website I believe and all credit should go to him.

MHaseebpk

Mar 20, 2021
Both ROMs and Install Instructions cause in a boot into PBRP recovery (tried with v3.0+3.1) and MIUI also doesn't boot :-(

My steps:
- In PBRP recovery
-> adb reboot bootloader
In Bootloader
-> fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta9c.img
Then I reboot phone with 3 different trys
-> 1. fastboot reboot
-> 2. Power On + Vol Up
-> 4. Power On + Vol Down
--> With all trys phone reboots into PBRP recovery
Push ZIP Files via MTP isn't possible, so:
-> adb push [LineageROM].zip /
-> adb push [GApps].zip /
Then in PBRP I go to "Install"
-> [LineageROM].zip with "Patch AVB2.0 Verity"
-> [GApps].zip also with "Patch AVB2.0 Verity"
Then I reboot to system from PBRP

But then PitchBlack reboots into recovery

Upgrade and downgrade of PBRP from 3.0 to 3.1 and back to 3.0 works without any problems.

Please help me, many thanks in advance!

/edit: Flashed original MIUI and reinstalled PBRP, then tried to install Lineage again, but boots only in recovery after flashing booth ROMs.
Same problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys found our first custom ROM, it's not official but I've been using it for about a week now and the performance is excellent.

There is not many bugs that I've noticed and build is very stable. One big I've noticed is that when kernel is on performance, the screen does not go off automatically.

I've used Kernel Tasker to avoid this issue by turning on performance for certain apps and games, while keeping the system at Interactive for most tasks.

At the bottom is the link for instructions, the OS and gapps. There is a thread in this forum for passing safety net which I recommend. It solved all issues for me since magisk is failing safety net while other safety apps are passing. All the best rooting enjoy the ROM.