• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Redmi 9T with NVT-ts touch screen unresponsive with custom ROMs

Search This thread

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019
I tried to install crdroid 7.9 without success. I endup in a bootloop
FOR JUICE!
1. Reflash the Firmware using MiFlash (From clean all and lock, change it to clean all Only)
2. Boot your device to Fastboot mode and Connect your device again to the PC
3. Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and Install it, as follow the Instructions.
4. Download the OrangeFOX Recovery, download the Xiaomi.eu Rom, and download your Favourite Custom Rom.
5.Go to the Directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot ----> C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
and paste the recovery.img from the Archive in the Directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot
6. Launch the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe Shotcut from the Desktop and type these commands:
1. Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
2. If you want to reboot the device Fast type Fastboot reboot
7. Boot the device to the OrangeFOX Recovery, go to the Menu and open the Settings
8. From the Settings select General and uncheck Mount system and vendor read-only
9. Important! To install Successfully the Rom u need first to format the Data, go to Wipe section, select Format Data, type yes and Confirm.
10. Disconnect the Phone, connect it again to the USB and drag the Xiaomi.eu rom zip and the Custom Rom zip to the Phone
11. First u need to Install the Xiaomi.eu Rom zip
this is Important!
12. When the flashing of the Xiaomi.eu Rom zip is Complete, u can flash your Favourite Custom Rom
13 Final Step: Format the Data with typing Yes again and Reboot the device, Enjoy! :)

Xiaomi.eu WEEKLY 21.11.24 Rom: Download
Minimal ADB and Fastboot: Download
CrDroid 7.12 Official: Download

Attachments

• OrangeFox-R11.1_4-Unofficial-Beta-juice.zip
    47.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: petit minion

bogteo

Nov 26, 2021
Please can you explain more ?
flash this kernel a11 or.... a12 and dt2w magisk module. only superior os xcaliur a11/nitrogen os 11 and
I tried with crdroid 7.9 without success. still cannot use the touchscreen
m210j19sy I began with global miui rom
if you have allready installed custom rom ''flash another kernel like chidori a11/a12 then ...dt2w magisk module. another custom rom like superior os /nitrogen os all a11 or kraken os a12 no need to do this...all are vanilla i don.t like google services .all are tested on my xiaomi redmi 9t i have orange fox recovery

Attachments

• Chidori-Kernel-11-juice-20211029-1658.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Chidori-Kernel-11-juice-20211029-1658.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Chidori-Kernel-12-juice-20211029-1725.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 1
  • dt2w-juice-fix.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 5

petit minion

Nov 21, 2021
FOR JUICE!
1. Reflash the Firmware using MiFlash (From clean all and lock, change it to clean all Only)
3. Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and Install it, as follow the Instructions.
4. Download the OrangeFOX Recovery, download the Xiaomi.eu Rom, and download your Favourite Custom Rom.
5.Go to the Directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot ----> C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
and paste the recovery.img from the Archive in the Directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot
6. Launch the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe Shotcut from the Desktop and type these commands:
7. Boot the device to the OrangeFOX Recovery, go to the Menu and open the Settings
8. From the Settings select General and uncheck Mount system and vendor read-only
9. Important! To install Successfully the Rom u need first to format the Data, go to Wipe section, select Format Data, type yes and Confirm.
10. Disconnect the Phone, connect it again to the USB and drag the Xiaomi.eu rom zip and the Custom Rom zip to the Phone
this is Important!
12. When the flashing of the Xiaomi.eu Rom zip is Complete, u can flash your Favourite Custom Rom
13 Final Step: Format the Data with typing Yes again and Reboot the device, Enjoy! :)

thx you a lot for this precises instructions ! I didn't get I had to use the eu version of miui. I will try to see if this fix the touchscreen o/

When I try to flash orangefox my phone is stuck into fastboot :s I tried with this version : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...t-r11-1-juice-lime-citrus-unofficial.4257459/
The only recovery I can get working is twrp attached below. And even if i boot to recovery after flasching, it replace by the default recovery after a system reboot..

Attachments

• twrp-3.5.2_10-3-lime-brigudav.img
    128 MB · Views: 1

hamid_dabouz

Aug 22, 2021
thx you a lot for this precises instructions ! I didn't get I had to use the eu version of miui. I will try to see if this fix the touchscreen o/

When I try to flash orangefox my phone is stuck into fastboot :s I tried with this version : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...t-r11-1-juice-lime-citrus-unofficial.4257459/
The only recovery I can get working is twrp attached below. And even if i boot to recovery after flasching, it replace by the default recovery after a system reboot..
I got the same problem when flashing Twrp And i just flash it again and it didn't replaced. Please if you get anything share it with us

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--2023337955.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--2023337955.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 13

bogteo

Nov 26, 2021
unzip on desktop .....in fastboot hit flash and follow steps... try both...
ATENTION!!!all this are for juice or lime devices

Attachments

• One Click Orangefox(Juice).rar
    33.5 MB · Views: 0
  • One Click TWRP LIME.rar
    29.9 MB · Views: 2

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019

Where did you buy this phone, and are you tried to change the displays and the Touchscreen of the phone?

petit minion

Nov 21, 2021
Flashing xiaomi weekly worked and the phone boot on miui 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.11.24 beta. Flashing crdroid worked too but the touchsreen still do not work. I gonna flash another kernel like @bogteo suggested

I bought the phone on fnac, a big market place of france. I didn't change any hardware...

Last edited:

bogteo

Nov 26, 2021
very strange....try to flash anther custom rom...pick some..https://telemetr.io/en/channels/1123391774-juiceidupdate

petit minion

Nov 21, 2021
So flasching Chidori-Kernel-11-juice-20211029-1658 worked but the phone do not boot anymore. It just shutown. I can go to recovery and try to flash dt2w-juice-fix but it throw an error saying the zip file cannot be installed without more precisions.

bogteo

Nov 26, 2021
order is this... works for me:
unlock bootloader(you did this)
flash stock rom by fastboot method (fastboot rom not recovery rom)
flash recovery twrp or orangefox
format data
wipe dalvik,data,cache
(if you have a10 installed flash no-os-vendor -miui) to upgrade to a11 or a12
flash custom rom (or recovery rom)
flash gapps ( if you don.t like vanilla)
flash magisk
reboot
kernel can be flashed anytime ...after flash custom... or after reboot
finish to install magisk
install dt2w module magisk
miui camera module magisk (if you want )
good luck

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019
Just buy an another phone with a normal screen from Trusted Market..! Everything works Perfect for me and I'm using the same model Xiaomi Redmi 9T (Juice).

bogteo

Nov 26, 2021
only in superior os dt2w works no need to change kernel and install dt2w magisk module.

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-212726.png
    Screenshot_20211128-212726.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20211128-212759.png
    Screenshot_20211128-212759.png
    525.1 KB · Views: 15

petit minion

Nov 21, 2021
I'm stuck here : "finish to install magisk". I have to do another thing beside flashing magisk apk ? oO
and how i can install dt2w if I don't have a touchscreen, flashing it works ?

ps :
a strange thing happen, if I format data, I cannot adb push (I get an not enought space on device). I need to reboot to recovery to be hable to adb push and in /sdcard I see two fokder : "TWRP" and "obb". Don't you think there is an issue wich my partitions ? On top of that lmiui freeze on the logo after flashing it, i had to reboot a second time so it start..
So I'm obliged to format after flashing...does this change something ?

petit minion

Nov 21, 2021
so I installed superior os and the touchscreen works more or less : it seems its inverted...like the top is down and it don't have the bottom buttons, so I can't navigate between apps :'(
And if I try flashing the custom kernel it breaks everything and the phone don't boot anymore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for respond, But i already flashed Two versions of " stormbreaker"kernel one of them worked but the touch is going insane, if you clicked on somewhere on the screen it will respond in other place of the screen ( i hope you understand what i'm saying)
    Oh i see...

Well since the weekly MIUI EU a11 ROMs seems to work alright ( as per the users feedback) , perhaps this can be easily fixed.

Just a matter of extracting from those android 11 kernel the DTB, and convert dtb to dts and the touch firmware loading binary and fix the kernel entries.
    Assuming that the tp driver is the same or similar, and the issue is just the firmware blob and DTS

Let's see
    Cheers
    I fix dt2w on Xtended custom rom. Replace kernel and flash Magisk extension. I don.t try others roms....
    I tried to install crdroid 7.9 without success. I endup in a bootloop
    FOR JUICE!
    this is Important!

I just got my Redmi 9T (identifies as "lime") last week, been looking around to see what ROMs are available for it so far..

but, reading through this thread, I'm a little concerned now.. can someone perhaps clarify: how do I check which touch screen panel my device has?
    Download device info hw from play store