• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redmi Go Aosp 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kyuunex

Dec 11, 2016
I feel like whoever made "fix sd card not read in twrp here" does not actually understand how fstab file works, the file provided isn't even made for Redmi Go. And the only reason it works is, there is an extra column added before the last column, so the last column isn't even being read. I should mention, by using this improper "fix" you lose ability to mount USB flash drives when you use USB-OTG.

I have attached a proper fix for /data partition (or /sdcard or /userdata whatever you want to call it, it's both) not mounting in TWRP and you getting "encryption unsuccessful" problem. It's made from modifying actual fstab of Redmi Go. Simply flash this, and then format the /data partition to EXT4 (you do this by changing the file system to EXT3 (or anything other than EXT4) and then changing it to EXT4 in TWRP). USB flash drives also mount fine with this.

My fix contains fstab file from Redmi Go, modified in 2 ways
1. /data partition file system is changed to EXT4 from F2FS. (TWRP available for this phone does not format to F2FS and also if you value your files, you should not use F2FS)
2. Forced encryption flag is removed. (So the OS won't encrypt the partition on first boot, and it will mount file in TWRP)

Attachments

• replace_fstab.zip
    494.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

samsungics1200

May 9, 2013
calapan city
I feel like whoever made "fix sd card not read in twrp here" does not actually understand how fstab file works, the file provided isn't even made for Redmi Go. And the only reason it works is, there is an extra column added before the last column, so the last column isn't even being read. I should mention, by using this improper "fix" you lose ability to mount USB flash drives when you use USB-OTG.

I have attached a proper fix for /data partition (or /sdcard whatever you want to call it, it's both) not mounting in TWRP and you getting "encryption unsuccessful" problem, made from modifying actual fstab of Redmi Go. Simply flash this, and then format the /data partition to EXT4 (you do this by changing the file system to EXT3 (or anything other than EXT4) and then changing it to EXT4 in TWRP). USB flash drives also mount fine with this.
btw i just used the modified fstab from this : here (thank him later)so the author didnt even understand how fstab works (he did compile the twrp himself) what i foucus is to fix the sd card and i forgot the to check if otg is not working because im not really using the twrp as flashing the gsi images and if i use it i just boot to temporary twrp via fastboot

Last edited:

RafiAhmed

Jul 20, 2016
I flashed it successfully with TWRP, but after flashing gApps it shows that Google certification error. I tried registering it by copying the gsf id from device id app but it still doesn't work.

RafiAhmed

Jul 20, 2016

I have attached a proper fix for /data partition (or /sdcard whatever you want to call it, it's both) not mounting in TWRP and you getting "encryption unsuccessful" problem, made from modifying actual fstab of Redmi Go. Simply flash this, and then format the /data partition to EXT4 (you do this by changing the file system to EXT3 (or anything other than EXT4) and then changing it to EXT4 in TWRP). USB flash drives also mount fine with this.
Does this apply to v3.3.0-0 on the other thread by @YasiR Siddiqui ?

RafiAhmed

Jul 20, 2016

I have attached a proper fix for /data partition (or /sdcard or /userdata whatever you want to call it, it's both) not mounting in TWRP and you getting "encryption unsuccessful" problem. It's made from modifying actual fstab of Redmi Go. Simply flash this, and then format the /data partition to EXT4 (you do this by changing the file system to EXT3 (or anything other than EXT4) and then changing it to EXT4 in TWRP). USB flash drives also mount fine with this.

My fix contains fstab file from Redmi Go, modified in 2 ways
1. /data partition file system is changed to EXT4 from F2FS. (TWRP available for this phone does not format to F2FS and also if you value your files, you should not use F2FS)
2. Forced encryption flag is removed. (So the OS won't encrypt the partition on first boot, and it will mount file in TWRP)

Can't you somehow modify the recovery image to avoid flashing this extra fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow the instructions
    Files required to be download:
    Aosp 9:here
    build.prop: here
    Flash GSI with TWRP use this fix sd card not read in twrp here
    reboot to twrp by pressing power + volume up

Perform a factory reset within TWRP. format data

Download and extract system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz and you will get system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img

Transfer the system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img from your PC to your device’s internal storage where TWRP can access it.

Tap on “Install

Change the type from “zip” to “image.

Find and select the system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img you downloaded.

Choose to flash to the system partition

no need to flash modified vendor
    Once that is done, reboot your device.
    Fix : performance copy the build.prop to system/

Bugs: google certification (fix here) after registration clear the google apps data (framewrork/services)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Aosp 9 Redmi Go, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    samsungics1200, phhusson
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Aosp 9

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: April 16 2019

Created 2019-04-17
    Last Updated 2019-06-11
    Instructions

NOTE: Do not flash the vendor file from the OP, that causes bootloops on my device.

This is what I did - now happily running AOSP 9:
    - Restore stock firmware (http://en.miui.com/download-365.html)
    - Reboot then perform system update to get latest release
    - Reboot to bootloader (fastboot mode)
    - Download the GSI image from the OP
    - fastboot flash system system-test-20190415-arm-a.img
    - Boot to TWRP recovery
    - Mount system partition
    - Replace /system/build.prop with one from OP
    - Reboot

Additionally, if you want to disable encryption:
    - Format data partition (You will loose all of your data!)
    - Download vendor image file from OP
    - Extract default.prop and fstab.qcom
    - Mount vendor partition
    - Replace extracted files to phone
    Update

Hello to my Russian friends who are following this thread from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=939092&view=findpost&p=84933744

I have attached the files that need to be replaced to this post
    The ROM from the original post is no longer available. If anyone is interested then I can make an updated GSI available.
    Kyuunex said:
    Note: FM radio is missing

Indeed, but the developer is on it, follow progress here: Include FM Radio app