• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redmi Go Aosp 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RafiAhmed

Jul 20, 2016
I have attached a proper fix for /data partition (or /sdcard or /userdata whatever you want to call it, it's both) not mounting in TWRP and you getting "encryption unsuccessful" problem. It's made from modifying actual fstab of Redmi Go. Simply flash this, and then format the /data partition to EXT4 (you do this by changing the file system to EXT3 (or anything other than EXT4) and then changing it to EXT4 in TWRP). USB flash drives also mount fine with this.

I just flashed your fix, headed to format data partition as you said and found out it was already in EXT4. Is it necessary to format the data partition to EXT4-EXT3-EXT4 if flashing the zip alone serves the purpose?

Kyuunex

Dec 11, 2016
I just flashed your fix, headed to format data partition as you said and found out it was already in EXT4. Is it necessary to format the data partition to EXT4-EXT3-EXT4 if flashing the zip alone serves the purpose?

Only way to format to EXT4 in twrp is to change the file system to something other than EXT4 (example is EXT3) and then change it back to EXT4. Simply changing an EXT4 partition to EXT4 won't format it. And Wipe option does not format.

Flashing my zip does not format a partition. It simply replaces a partition configuration file in the vendor partition, which tells the operating system to encrypt or not encrypt the partition and what file system to expect.

Last edited:

NooberRooter

Jun 15, 2019
how did this happen?

bad%20data.jpg

EtoileLabrie

Aug 29, 2016
Dear @samsungics1200 @JonnyTech
Can you please kindly update the OP with instructions from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79478577&postcount=10
Reading the entire thread is very confusing especially for new.
You have done a great ROM but editing OP will make every user feel easy to install ROM.

Now my question,
Do I assume there is NO google play (I do not want it)

(I just ordered the about 10 devices for a charity, so want to flash them with minimal apps/minimal data usage).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

sandravictoria

Oct 23, 2015
Not sure if TWRP 3.3.0-0 messes up with fstab but it is wrong and did not mount USB-OTG.

As given in https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79673563&postcount=41
the correct contents of
Code:
/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
is
Code:
# Android fstab file.
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

#TODO: Add 'check' as fs_mgr_flags with data partition.
# Currently we dont have e2fsck compiled. So fs check would failed.

#<src>                                      <mnt_point>      <type>  <mnt_flags and options>                     <fs_mgr_flags>
#/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system        /system          ext4    ro,barrier=1,discard                        wait, verify
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata      /data            ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard                wait,check,formattable,encryptable=footer,quota
/devices/soc/7864900.sdhci/mmc_host*        /storage/sdcard1 vfat    nosuid,nodev                                wait,voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,noemulatedsd,encryptable=footer
/devices/soc/78db000.usb/msm_hsusb_host*    /storage/usbotg  vfat    nosuid,nodev                                wait,voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/config        /frp             emmc    defaults                                    defaults
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc          /misc            emmc    defaults                                    defaults
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache         /cache           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1              wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem         /firmware        vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0 wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp           /dsp             ext4    ro,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                   wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist       /persist         ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1              wait
I actually did not format or change anything just made a

Code:
adb push fstab.qcom /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
Reboot phone
Then, USB-OTG started working.

EtoileLabrie

Aug 29, 2016
Is it possible to get "Recent apps or switch apps" button working using the 'Recents key' in redmi go (AOSP)? I cannot get used to
Settings-> System-> Gestures -> Swipe Up on Home Button.

Any ideas?

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Is it possible to get "Recent apps or switch apps" button working using the 'Recents key' in redmi go (AOSP)? I cannot get used to
Settings-> System-> Gestures -> Swipe Up on Home Button.

Any ideas?

hello friend,
it's possible and pretty easy to change the actions of the keys.

I use GravityBox xposed module for that. I don't know if there are apps on google play that can do it too, and if there are such apps it might be faster to install them than to install Xposed framework and GravityBox. there may or may not be magisk modules that can do it too.

warning: mistakes in these steps can cause a soft brick. this can result in losing all the data on the phone.
what you need to do is install the Xposed Framework and then install the GravityBox Xposed module. you need the versions of Xposed and GravityBox that are suitable for your android version. please make sure that you get the official Xposed framework app or flashable zip and not anything else. note that there are different GravityBox modules for different android versions. for example GravityBox for oreo is GravityBox [O].

inside GravityBox there are many things you can customize and one of them is what happens when you tap, tap twice or long press the navigation keys. it's inside "navigation keys actions". there are many option of things that can happen instead of the default thing.

btw there may be other xposed modules that can change navigation keys.

have a great day!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow the instructions
    Files required to be download:
    Aosp 9:here
    build.prop: here
    Flash GSI with TWRP use this fix sd card not read in twrp here
    reboot to twrp by pressing power + volume up

Perform a factory reset within TWRP. format data

Download and extract system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz and you will get system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img

Transfer the system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img from your PC to your device’s internal storage where TWRP can access it.

Tap on “Install

Change the type from “zip” to “image.

Find and select the system-arm-aonly-gapps-su.img you downloaded.

Choose to flash to the system partition

no need to flash modified vendor
    Once that is done, reboot your device.
    Fix : performance copy the build.prop to system/

Bugs: google certification (fix here) after registration clear the google apps data (framewrork/services)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Aosp 9 Redmi Go, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    samsungics1200, phhusson
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Aosp 9

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: April 16 2019

Created 2019-04-17
    Last Updated 2019-06-11
    Instructions

NOTE: Do not flash the vendor file from the OP, that causes bootloops on my device.

This is what I did - now happily running AOSP 9:
    - Restore stock firmware (http://en.miui.com/download-365.html)
    - Reboot then perform system update to get latest release
    - Reboot to bootloader (fastboot mode)
    - Download the GSI image from the OP
    - fastboot flash system system-test-20190415-arm-a.img
    - Boot to TWRP recovery
    - Mount system partition
    - Replace /system/build.prop with one from OP
    - Reboot

Additionally, if you want to disable encryption:
    - Format data partition (You will loose all of your data!)
    - Download vendor image file from OP
    - Extract default.prop and fstab.qcom
    - Mount vendor partition
    - Replace extracted files to phone
    Update

Hello to my Russian friends who are following this thread from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=939092&view=findpost&p=84933744

I have attached the files that need to be replaced to this post
    The ROM from the original post is no longer available. If anyone is interested then I can make an updated GSI available.
    Kyuunex said:
    Note: FM radio is missing

Indeed, but the developer is on it, follow progress here: Include FM Radio app