Redmi K20 and k20 Pro will launch 17th July 2019

Search This thread

tenshikurabu

Oct 20, 2016
yes and hopefully more devs pickup the device so we can see roms dedicated for the device.
I heard that India version will be code raphealin, as they have same hardware. Do you think china version (rapheal) and India version (raphealin) will have the universal ROM package? Otherwise, can we flash rapheal to raphealin? I bought a China version before, and I'm afraid of that.

myogui

Aug 31, 2010
I heard that India version will be code raphealin, as they have same hardware. Do you think china version (rapheal) and India version (raphealin) will have the universal ROM package? Otherwise, can we flash rapheal to raphealin? I bought a China version before, and I'm afraid of that.

I think it depends on which bands are unlocked on the phone. I don't know if India and China provider share the same bands? The mi9t has different bands unlocked then the k20.

Abaddon

Mar 17, 2011
House Avernus
I think that will be named as anticipated K20 Pro. but they were advertising as k20 pro so who knows. Im just sure that software development wise they'll share the same stuff

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
I'll wait for reviews from early adopters. I have never owned a Xiaomi device before and I am only inclined towards this because of its AMOLED panel. If the quality isn't as good as OnePlus panels or if the device has issues itself like people faced touch issues on Poco F1, I might skip it completely.

SozzR

Jul 9, 2019
I think it depends on which bands are unlocked on the phone. I don't know if India and China provider share the same bands? The mi9t has different bands unlocked then the k20.

They do mostly, you can check their respective band compabilities at kimovil .dotcom
I recon there will be differences when the global version is released, but for China and India they seem to be the same.

Would post link to the website but first 10 posts rule...

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
They do mostly, you can check their respective band compabilities at kimovil .dotcom
I recon there will be differences when the global version is released, but for China and India they seem to be the same.

I've found the info on Kimovil.com to be out of date, though to be fair most sites I've looked at, which provide lte band info, are out of date. It looks like once they've added the info, they never bother to update it when carriers open up more bands on their networks. I now check the info on Wikipedia, it's more work, especially on a phone, as you have to trawl through massive tables to find the data, but the info is normally up to date.

Reactions: SozzR

SozzR

Jul 9, 2019
I've found the info on Kimovil.com to be out of date, though to be fair most sites I've looked at, which provide lte band info, are out of date. It looks like once they've added the info, they never bother to update it when carriers open up more bands on their networks. I now check the info on Wikipedia, it's more work, especially on a phone, as you have to trawl through massive tables to find the data, but the info is normally up to date.

Thanks again for the quality information

Doge199

Feb 17, 2016
Planet earth
Who's buying the Alpha sale 855 voucher ?

I was initially planning to. BUT it is not a pre order. That voucher does not guarantee you early or separate or priority access for buying. And in India it will be very difficult to even buy one once it goes up for sale. It will be out of stock within seconds, thats the problem. And this Alpha sale, will only block your money in a online seller Flipkart or Mi.in . That is useless. I was atleast hoping for a separate access for those who make the payment now.

THeSTIG8888

May 20, 2017
Who's buying the Alpha sale 855 voucher ?

I bought it on mi website

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

I was initially planning to. BUT it is not a pre order. That voucher does not guarantee you early or separate or priority access for buying. And in India it will be very difficult to even buy one once it goes up for sale. It will be out of stock within seconds, thats the problem. And this Alpha sale, will only block your money in a online seller Flipkart or Mi.in . That is useless. I was atleast hoping for a separate access for those who make the payment now.
I HAVe just read the t&c and it says atleast incase of purchase from mi website that only the people with the access pass will be able to purchase the phone on 17th and also that if you dont complete the purchase or the validity has expired your money will be refunded

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
I don't think that's the case. AFAIK only people with Alpha Sale pass will be able to order a unit on the launch date 17 and 18 and all the others can do so post 23rd onwards. If this is the case everyone with the alpha pass should be able to secure a unit without any flash sale.

Let's see and wait for the launch on the 17th, I'll share my experience if I am able to get my hands on the pro :laugh:

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Reactions: sator02

Doge199

Feb 17, 2016
Planet earth
It got released at 28k was expecting it to be 25k. Overpriced. Hadd good expectation from this phone but ... it is better to go for One Plus 7 that has no bloatware, good UI, fast android update and no ADs

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Are the adds really that annoying ?

It's been a long since I've used MIUI so asking about it. (been using OP 3T until now...which got broken recently)

Doge199

Feb 17, 2016
Planet earth
Are the adds really that annoying ?

It's been a long since I've used MIUI so asking about it. (been using OP 3T until now...which got broken recently)

Yes it is too annoying. I bought a Redmi note 7 recently, i feel i have no control over my phone. MIUI is a s**+. This is my first time using a MIUI. You have can't even debloat your phone, unless you root it/install TWRP in it. You have to disable ads everywhere in each app individually, but still ads pop up. I faced problem of even changing default browser, music ,video player etc... Its messed up. You better stay on pure android UI device (like that of one plus/android one phones), that will make your life peaceful. I need to switch to google pixel rom in my phone.

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
It got released at 28k was expecting it to be 25k. Overpriced. Hadd good expectation from this phone but ... it is better to go for One Plus 7 that has no bloatware, good UI, fast android update and no ADs

Why do you feel its overprices? I agree that K20 is overprices but I feel the K20 Pro prices are fine for the features they are offering. But I am curious to know why people think K20 Pro base variant is overprices? Just because it has MIUI or the Redmi brand has an image of being cheap and people can't digest a higher price from this brand?
And i agree, ADs should die on MIUI. It's ridiculous now.

Reactions: jatin7233

Doge199

Feb 17, 2016
Planet earth
Why do you feel its overprices? I agree that K20 is overprices but I feel the K20 Pro prices are fine for the features they are offering. But I am curious to know why people think K20 Pro base variant is overprices? Just because it has MIUI or the Redmi brand has an image of being cheap and people can't digest a higher price from this brand?

Agree with you. I was more hopeful after Pcoc F1, redmi would be targeting the mid tier .. And price aggressively like 24-25k for K20 pro and 19-20k for K20. Its only that expectation that made most of us think that it is overpriced

Last edited:

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Agree with you. I was more hopeful after Pcoc F1, redmi would be targeting the mid tier .. And price aggressively like 24-25k for K20 pro and 19-20k for K20. Its only that expectation that made most of us think that it is overpriced

Samsung just released A80 with Snappy730G and the price is an eye-watering INR 48K. That's ridiculous.
I am sure Poco F2 won't come this year. If it does, it'd be with a 730G or 730 chipset. No way Xiaomi is releasing a competitor to K20 Pro from one of their own sub-brands.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

If anyone has an Indian K20 Pro unit, I would appreciate if you can post your initial impressions and IF this still comes with Xiaomi ads.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't think that's the case. AFAIK only people with Alpha Sale pass will be able to order a unit on the launch date 17 and 18 and all the others can do so post 23rd onwards. If this is the case everyone with the alpha pass should be able to secure a unit without any flash sale.

Let's see and wait for the launch on the 17th, I'll share my experience if I am able to get my hands on the pro :laugh:

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone