• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redmi K20 Pro restarts to fastboot and not to system.

Search This thread

MorganMLG

Aug 1, 2021
Hi, after flashing newest Legion OS I have a small problem. Every time I restart my phone, it enters fastboot, all I have to do is to connect my phone to PC and use "fastboot continue" then phone normally boots to system, until next restart. It's not a big deal, but sometimes I forgot about this problem and restart my phone when I don't have pc near by. I tried "fastboot oem fb_mode_clear" but all I'm getting is "FAILED (remote: unknown command)"

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi, after flashing newest Legion OS I have a small problem. Every time I restart my phone, it enters fastboot, all I have to do is to connect my phone to PC and use "fastboot continue" then phone normally boots to system, until next restart. It's not a big deal, but sometimes I forgot about this problem and restart my phone when I don't have pc near by. I tried "fastboot oem fb_mode_clear" but all I'm getting is "FAILED (remote: unknown command)"
That's a new one on me. Normally, if the phone boots into fastboot instead of system, it's because there's a problem with the ROM installation (typically it's an encryption problem with this phone). In which case you wouldn't be able to boot into system at all (if the problem is encryption then formatting data would fix it). Not come across a case, so far, where you could successfully boot into the ROM from fastboot in this scenario. Maybe it's a LegionOS issue - possibly the dev was debugging and had the ROM go into fastboot first, then forgot to remove this before releasing it.
The fastboot oem .... command allows oems to introduce their own specific commands for their phones.
As far as I'm aware fb_mode_set and fb_mode_clear are Motorola inventions, and so will only work on some Motorola phones.
I would suggest either asking in the LegionOS thread, or backup everything and try clean installing LegionOS again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have exactly the same problem as you after flashing newest PE (Clean flash)

Solved: flash miui 12.0.x.x based on android 10 before flashing custom rom.