Redmi K30 Pro Zoom achieve 120 on dxomark

Search This thread

Theliels

Nov 23, 2010
blog.theliel.es
Finally, Dxomark have a full review about us K30 Pro /Zoom. Yes, Zoom is not exactly the same as K30 Pro/Poco F2 Pro, but almost the same (changing telephoto with macro and OIS)

https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-redmi-k30-pro-zoom-edition-camera-review/

No bad after all.

I agree that the ultra angle is the weakest point and that in night mode it could be squeezed a little more. Even so, it is surprising that if it were valued only in a still image, it could possibly be in the top 5.

I think that there is still room to earn the odd extra point with future updates, there are defects that are solvable by software, such as smoothing and loss of texture on some occasions, or even slightly improve the automatic parameters for the ultra-wide angle

In the video section the F2 Pro should lose some point due to the lack of OIS, but in its favor it must be said that EIS does an exceptional job

What do you think?

Reactions: hrh_fourtyseven

Theliels

Nov 23, 2010
blog.theliel.es
Yeah that was nice news but would be nice to know how this Poco F2 Pro will get scores :D

Similar. Poco lack of Tele lens but Macro lens is almost the best in his class. OIS could make some point on video, not to much. So final score should be very similar.

I've been using K30 Pro Zoom Edition and One Plus 8 Pro what i can say is DONT TRUST DXOMARK ?

My brother have a OP8 Pro, and honestly, my Poco make in general better shots and videos (in Stock camera), with GCam are a lot of better (I personally like the more "sharp" of the GCam, although I admit that this is more a matter of what one likes)

I have a good friend who always repeats the same thing. The camera of course matters, as does the software. But more than 50% is still the one behind the camera. Automatic modes are good for taking quick photos and not worrying, But if you want an exceptional result, manual mode is a must to have, and of course knowing what you are doing.

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
Similar. Poco lack of Tele lens but Macro lens is almost the best in his class. OIS could make some point on video, not to much. So final score should be very similar.

My brother have a OP8 Pro, and honestly, my Poco make in general better shots and videos (in Stock camera), with GCam are a lot of better (I personally like the more "sharp" of the GCam, although I admit that this is more a matter of what one likes)

I have a good friend who always repeats the same thing. The camera of course matters, as does the software. But more than 50% is still the one behind the camera. Automatic modes are good for taking quick photos and not worrying, But if you want an exceptional result, manual mode is a must to have, and of course knowing what you are doing.

Ofc it matters who is behind cam but my opinion is that software is most important in cameras. Google is good for that. You can put what camera sensors you want and what photographer to use it but if software is ****, results are ****. And nowadays its very often that normal users are testing the software :D but i must say that if you clean lens and its sunny day, and you take photo with poco f2 pro, you get very sharp results. but let see what gcam brings in future..
EDIT: stock cam i mean, please take shots and compare it. Gcam is not better? zoom and look details..

Last edited:

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
Brighter is stock cam and darker is gcam latest urnyx.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_083120.jpg
    IMG_20200729_083120.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_20200729_083132.jpg
    IMG_20200729_083132.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 384

supergrouse

Oct 16, 2010
Gcam on K30 Ultra?

ok, so K30 Pro Zoom scored high, has OIS, and has the 865 which means it should be able to use Gcam if I can source the Zoom version of the phone? But the K30 Ultra has Mediatek 1000, which means no Gcam right?

elmonch

Jul 22, 2006
Madrid

OIS can make a huge difference in photo, specially in low light.
IMO the F2 Pro wouldn't be close to the K30 Pro Zoom DXOMark rate

Theliels

Nov 23, 2010
blog.theliel.es
OIS can make a huge difference in photo, specially in low light.
IMO the F2 Pro wouldn't be close to the K30 Pro Zoom DXOMark rate

I love Nightshots, and i have a huge gallery with only night/Sky shots. I assure you that it has nothing to envy to the "premium" range terminals. In fact, for me, in night photography (on this device) there is only one small problem, and that is that the glass that protects the lenses is very prone to causing flares when you have a couple of bright light sources and you place one of them in the center. Luckily it can be easily avoided the most time.

As a note, the vast majority of my night photos are handheld, using only the tripod with 2+ seg exposures, generally if I want to take astronomical, or more artistic photos in quiet environments

Credipede

Dec 23, 2018
This doesn't mean much. The camera optimization is different amongst the Mi series, the Redmi series and the Poco series. It seems like the Redmi team did a good job on optimizing the camera on the Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, unlike the Poco team on the Poco F2 Pro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally, Dxomark have a full review about us K30 Pro /Zoom. Yes, Zoom is not exactly the same as K30 Pro/Poco F2 Pro, but almost the same (changing telephoto with macro and OIS)

https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-redmi-k30-pro-zoom-edition-camera-review/

No bad after all.

I agree that the ultra angle is the weakest point and that in night mode it could be squeezed a little more. Even so, it is surprising that if it were valued only in a still image, it could possibly be in the top 5.

I think that there is still room to earn the odd extra point with future updates, there are defects that are solvable by software, such as smoothing and loss of texture on some occasions, or even slightly improve the automatic parameters for the ultra-wide angle

In the video section the F2 Pro should lose some point due to the lack of OIS, but in its favor it must be said that EIS does an exceptional job

What do you think?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone