Question Redmi k50 Pro

Search This thread

fumoffuXx

Aug 17, 2011
Hellos, I understand the current Redmi K50 pro is running the China rom of MIUI 13. I managed to get playstore installed but i am unable to get chrome install and removing the assorted chinese roms. Is there a solution for this or i will have to wait for custom rom support?

HoffRS

May 27, 2022
Hellos, I understand the current Redmi K50 pro is running the China rom of MIUI 13. I managed to get playstore installed but i am unable to get chrome install and removing the assorted chinese roms. Is there a solution for this or i will have to wait for custom rom support?
I had the same issue and installed Chrome using the APK from an external website. After that, it works normally including updates via Play Store.

Reactions: krimdark0484

Valeriuz

Apr 7, 2017
Catania
Hello guys, phone is very good, I managed to get everything worked EXCEPT Android auto.
Tried many methods, convert into system app with magisk and busybox, can't get it work.
Can anybody help?

Aizenvolt

Oct 29, 2020
Hello guys, phone is very good, I managed to get everything worked EXCEPT Android auto.
Tried many methods, convert into system app with magisk and busybox, can't get it work.
Can anybody help?
Hey! I ordered k50 pro and I will have it soon. The place I bought it from says "that it will come with Google Mobile Service pre-installed, includes Google Play Service, and OTA updating supported".

Should I factory reset phone and install all of those on my own or leave it as is. Also what did you do to set up your phone when you got it? I just want to know how to make k50 pro work as close to the global version as I can.

Valeriuz

Apr 7, 2017
Catania
Hey! I ordered k50 pro and I will have it soon. The place I bought it from says "that it will come with Google Mobile Service pre-installed, includes Google Play Service, and OTA updating supported".

Should I factory reset phone and install all of those on my own or leave it as is. Also what did you do to set up your phone when you got it? I just want to know how to make k50 pro work as close to the global version as I can.
Hello, I've bought the phone with original China Rom. It comes with google play services pre-installed, you just need to activate google basic services (search "google" in the option menu) and then download play store apk con install it. After that, jut login with your account and install apps you want. Remember to set autostart and disable battery optimization for the apps you need to stay in backhground (like email or telegram).

Phone is awesome, but I'm going to sell it bacuase of android Auto. Just the camera isn't amazing.

I suggest you to unlock bootloader, in case of problems you'll find an easier way.

Aizenvolt

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, I've bought the phone with original China Rom. It comes with google play services pre-installed, you just need to activate google basic services (search "google" in the option menu) and then download play store apk con install it. After that, jut login with your account and install apps you want. Remember to set autostart and disable battery optimization for the apps you need to stay in backhground (like email or telegram).

Phone is awesome, but I'm going to sell it bacuase of android Auto. Just the camera isn't amazing.

I suggest you to unlock bootloader, in case of problems you'll find an easier way.
Did you get it from giztop? Thats where I ordered it from.

HoffRS

May 27, 2022
didnt make the small gapps mini to be installed first gets me with no permissions although ive enabled all permissions to install from unknown sources including this very same app, if you could assists that would be much appreciatted
Did you tried this method?

I had no issues installing Youtube vanced, just give Chrome permission to install unknown sources and using the manager, the microG is reguired.

HoffRS

May 27, 2022
Can anybody help?
Following the steps that worked for me:
1 - Install Android Auto from Play Store
2 - Open and configure everything, important to give all permissions
3 - Give all extra permissions on MIUI permission tab and disable any battery optimization
4 - Convert the installed app to a system private app. It`s important to convert the already installed app and to a private system app
5 - Disable MIUI optimizations
6 - Plug in to you car and enjoy
7 - After the first connection being OK, you may reenable the MIUI optimizations

HoffRS

May 27, 2022
Following the steps that worked for me:
1 - Install Android Auto from Play Store
2 - Open and configure everything, important to give all permissions
3 - Give all extra permissions on MIUI permission tab and disable any battery optimization
4 - Convert the installed app to a system private app. It`s important to convert the already installed app and to a private system app
5 - Disable MIUI optimizations
6 - Plug in to you car and enjoy
7 - After the first connection being OK, you may reenable the MIUI optimizations
The conversion is using systemizer. Install the version of this thread, the official version didn`t work with encryption for me: https://xdaforums.com/t/module-terminal-app-systemizer-v17-3-1.3585851/

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO
I don't know what happened but my win11 laptop is not recognizing my phone anymore as mass storage device so I can access to phones storage however, it is detected by adb and gives me the serial # so I can use adb commands, I've searched for the official USB drivers to recognize phone again but there are thousands of websites and I can't hit the official Xiaomi support I'm desesperatex can someone assist me please?

HoffRS

May 27, 2022
Thank you for the answers.

I don't know, I've used systemizer but it didn't work.
Did you tried in that order? It took me 2 weeks to make it work. There are small details that are important like disabling the MIUI improvements and converting an already installed android auto app.

My first attempts were installing the android auto using the systemizer and that just made the android auto crash when plugged into a car. After converting an existing and permission configured app to a system private app the first screen shows up, but it also crashed, so that where disabling the MIUI optimizations kicks in.

After that, I had some issues with Waze, but it was solved with permissions.

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO

some apps from google not working 100% the way should be like google 1 backup noot working, google assistant only opening by pressing the app´s icon, android auto not working unless you set as systema app by unlocking bootloader and rooting device, and some other glitches, for me it has not been an issue at all since i dont use those apps, also, you may need to adb command to debloat some xiaomis trash bloat apps

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO

Thank you for the suggestion of setting AUTO START and disabling battery optimizations on this apps, for sure something I will do ASAP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to set "google basic services" option on in settings, then install a new version play store apk. K50 can pass safetynet, don't worry it. I have one too, and I can use play store normally.
    I understand you don't speak English and I speak it but I suck at writing properly lol.

So because there's no global version there's no source code?

Also mediatek? Do they not offer source or is it to hard to build on?

I was thinking and hearing the poco F4 pro or F4 ultra was going to be a branded Redmi k50 pro but they cancelled that. Which sucks.

I find it weird that MediaTek finally comes out with a chip that's on par with the Snapdragon and no phone in the world has it. All the phones that were supposed to have have it removed it for the Snapdragon 870 or a different ****ter mediatek CPU. The Redmi k50 pro is the only dimensity 9000 phone other than 1 vivio phone that's almost 1000 dollars. OnePlus was supposed to use and they didn't. It's like Qualcomm told them if they go with mediatek that'll break business ties with them or something.

Yes I do speak English but I also suck a lot typing hahahaha....

The reason is that according to A LOT OF RESEARCH I´ve doing (reading), it seems that there are some issues regarding overall source code and Xiaomi has not been able to fix it...

1) the issue is regarding bootloader and flashing new rom version, therefore, Xiaomi has not released the source code yet so anyone can build a Custom Rom, the situation is that MediaTek has specific bootloader codes giving issues, so it is possible to brick the phone if we flash a Custom Rom.

2) Also, due to MediaTek processor (bootloader code issues), there is not even an actual Tool to help easily flash STOCK Roms fully compatible, the only way to do it, is by ADB, hoping, the phone allows to get into Recovery Mode (if not fully bricked) and then Flash STOCK Rom.

3) You can unlock bootloader for sure by logging into MI Account, but there is no TWRP Recovery not other Recoveries, no Custom Roms no nothing, so even if you are fully able to Unlock the phone and then Rooting it, if you break it, then pray whatever GOD you are going to be able to reflash STOCK by ADB without issues, otherwise....good bye +550 USD phone, I had to pay 750 USD by bringing the phone from CHina to Mexico, so Im not willing to experiment that much, but who knows, maybe Ill try to flash STOCK by ADB and let you know my results.

4) Xiaomi.EU Team providing custom roms based on STOCK but all DEBLOATED, they do not support MediaTek but only Qualcom, so no support from them neither.

CONCLUSION: As I how I can see it, we have 2 options:

a) We wait without any actual hope for someone to bring the Custom scene up to 2024....or....

b) we can create (i Guess) a FULL FORUM for the device to help us all in all the turnarounds and tricks to bring the CHINA Rom as close as possible to a GLOBAL-Like Version, which, is exactly what I ve doing the last month....

Thank you bro!!! HOpe my explanation can give all more insisghts....
    Thanks for sharing. Can you share a link to the root guidance? It may sound stupid, but is it possible to root with locked bootloader?

Would very much appreciate if you find and share how to activate Google assistant by voice - apart from Android auto (which I will fix after rooting) it's the last thing that bothers me with this rom. Maybe try setting Google as system app?

Also give a try Niagara launcher - I use it for years and it's amazing (it you are into minimalist screen setup)
    A good website to start the root process is the Magisk website https://magisk.me/

Unlock the bootloader is mandatory to root the device. You may find on Google (Youtube) videos explaining the process with Xiaomi devices. There are specific tools for that and is not very difficult.

The process of rooting is a little more tricky because you will have to make it using the fastboot method which is downloading the current rom that you have installed, unzipping, retrieving the boot.img, processing it using Magisk app for finaly via fastboot flash into the device. There are also videos on Youtube of how to do this process.
    Side load Play Store apk, then login Play Store to install any apps you need such as Google Maps, etc.