Question Redmi k50 Pro

Search This thread

fumoffuXx

Aug 17, 2011
Hellos, I understand the current Redmi K50 pro is running the China rom of MIUI 13. I managed to get playstore installed but i am unable to get chrome install and removing the assorted chinese roms. Is there a solution for this or i will have to wait for custom rom support?

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO
Also if it's not DOA you have to pay the shipment costs to get it to China and they have no obligation to refund you for the shipment cost. They will only cover the return cost and that is if there is indeed a problem. The shipment cost for DHL as I saw it is around 120 dollars for packages. Maybe it's better to fix it in a repair shop in your country than sending it to China if something ever happens because there is no guarantee that you will get it back and even if you do you might end up paying a lot more than what you would have if you fixed it in your country.
good to know bro and so sad :(

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO
Just FYI to everyone, I did unlock bootloader and went over the rooting process everything etc, all fine until.......................... bateery drains like crazy, not even locking bootloader agagin, you need to stock flash by fastboot mifalstoolv2 and that flashed a clean install on the most updated version 13.0.23.0 and locks the bootlader, otherwise, battery drain will be a real issues.

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just FYI to everyone, I did unlock bootloader and went over the rooting process everything etc, all fine until.......................... bateery drains like crazy, not even locking bootloader agagin, you need to stock flash by fastboot mifalstoolv2 and that flashed a clean install on the most updated version 13.0.23.0 and locks the bootlader, otherwise, battery drain will be a real issues.
I don't own the phone I'm just bored looking at threads but in what world does bootloader unlock drain your battery faster? Does anyone else get this effect?

tsun1s

Sep 15, 2021
Hello guys I made the mistake to buy this phone. The Google widget is very slow to respond when you tap to open the search bar in your home screen in my rn9 it's at most half second delay and here it's almost 2 seconds in a phone 3 times as fast has anyone faced this problem and knows a workaround?

Mar 26, 2019
GB
REDMI K50 pro
Bricked
No fastboot, no recovery
Only EDL mode
no autorization to write
I need information
Redmi k50 Pro Dimensity 9000
Very good phone, I think more beautiful than the Xiaomi 12 Pro, but made for China, without developments at the moment.
It is curious that MIUI is developed for this phone with Android 13. Trying to load the beta version led to its bricking.
Any attempt to charge with something other than the original udate will almost certainly lead to bricking the phone.
This can only be corrected with outside help.
All the procedures presented for bringing the phone back to life have almost zero chance of succeeding (procedures presented on websites and tried by me in the last two weeks).
The consequences are that the Chinese OS is limited and restricted by specific conditions.
Although it supports loading Google programs, the Chinese overlays are annoying.
There is no "TWRP" yet.

Reactions: krimdark0484

krimdark0484

Jun 17, 2022
Leon Guanajuato MEXICO
Redmi k50 Pro Dimensity 9000
Very good phone, I think more beautiful than the Xiaomi 12 Pro, but made for China, without developments at the moment.
It is curious that MIUI is developed for this phone with Android 13. Trying to load the beta version led to its bricking.
Any attempt to charge with something other than the original udate will almost certainly lead to bricking the phone.
This can only be corrected with outside help.
All the procedures presented for bringing the phone back to life have almost zero chance of succeeding (procedures presented on websites and tried by me in the last two weeks).
The consequences are that the Chinese OS is limited and restricted by specific conditions.
Although it supports loading Google programs, the Chinese overlays are annoying.
There is no "TWRP" yet.
that is true, reason why I decided to go back to stock locked bootlader, no Root at all, messing could brick the device for good no way to recover it I am going to sell it and Buy the Global Xiaomi 12T Pro which id the Redmi K50 Ultra.

shurator

Oct 5, 2022
that is true, reason why I decided to go back to stock locked bootlader, no Root at all, messing could brick the device for good no way to recover it I am going to sell it and Buy the Global Xiaomi 12T Pro which id the Redmi K50 Ultra.
What about the redmi k50 ultra? Does it have the same issues with the ROM as the k50 pro?

Also, will the redmi k50 ultra probably have a global rom as it is the same (just different camera set) as the 12t pro?

Reactions: krimdark0484

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to set "google basic services" option on in settings, then install a new version play store apk. K50 can pass safetynet, don't worry it. I have one too, and I can use play store normally.
    I understand you don't speak English and I speak it but I suck at writing properly lol.

So because there's no global version there's no source code?

Also mediatek? Do they not offer source or is it to hard to build on?

I was thinking and hearing the poco F4 pro or F4 ultra was going to be a branded Redmi k50 pro but they cancelled that. Which sucks.

I find it weird that MediaTek finally comes out with a chip that's on par with the Snapdragon and no phone in the world has it. All the phones that were supposed to have have it removed it for the Snapdragon 870 or a different ****ter mediatek CPU. The Redmi k50 pro is the only dimensity 9000 phone other than 1 vivio phone that's almost 1000 dollars. OnePlus was supposed to use and they didn't. It's like Qualcomm told them if they go with mediatek that'll break business ties with them or something.

Yes I do speak English but I also suck a lot typing hahahaha....

The reason is that according to A LOT OF RESEARCH I´ve doing (reading), it seems that there are some issues regarding overall source code and Xiaomi has not been able to fix it...

1) the issue is regarding bootloader and flashing new rom version, therefore, Xiaomi has not released the source code yet so anyone can build a Custom Rom, the situation is that MediaTek has specific bootloader codes giving issues, so it is possible to brick the phone if we flash a Custom Rom.

2) Also, due to MediaTek processor (bootloader code issues), there is not even an actual Tool to help easily flash STOCK Roms fully compatible, the only way to do it, is by ADB, hoping, the phone allows to get into Recovery Mode (if not fully bricked) and then Flash STOCK Rom.

3) You can unlock bootloader for sure by logging into MI Account, but there is no TWRP Recovery not other Recoveries, no Custom Roms no nothing, so even if you are fully able to Unlock the phone and then Rooting it, if you break it, then pray whatever GOD you are going to be able to reflash STOCK by ADB without issues, otherwise....good bye +550 USD phone, I had to pay 750 USD by bringing the phone from CHina to Mexico, so Im not willing to experiment that much, but who knows, maybe Ill try to flash STOCK by ADB and let you know my results.

4) Xiaomi.EU Team providing custom roms based on STOCK but all DEBLOATED, they do not support MediaTek but only Qualcom, so no support from them neither.

CONCLUSION: As I how I can see it, we have 2 options:

a) We wait without any actual hope for someone to bring the Custom scene up to 2024....or....

b) we can create (i Guess) a FULL FORUM for the device to help us all in all the turnarounds and tricks to bring the CHINA Rom as close as possible to a GLOBAL-Like Version, which, is exactly what I ve doing the last month....

Thank you bro!!! HOpe my explanation can give all more insisghts....
    Thanks for sharing. Can you share a link to the root guidance? It may sound stupid, but is it possible to root with locked bootloader?

Would very much appreciate if you find and share how to activate Google assistant by voice - apart from Android auto (which I will fix after rooting) it's the last thing that bothers me with this rom. Maybe try setting Google as system app?

Also give a try Niagara launcher - I use it for years and it's amazing (it you are into minimalist screen setup)
    A good website to start the root process is the Magisk website https://magisk.me/

Unlock the bootloader is mandatory to root the device. You may find on Google (Youtube) videos explaining the process with Xiaomi devices. There are specific tools for that and is not very difficult.

The process of rooting is a little more tricky because you will have to make it using the fastboot method which is downloading the current rom that you have installed, unzipping, retrieving the boot.img, processing it using Magisk app for finaly via fastboot flash into the device. There are also videos on Youtube of how to do this process.
    Side load Play Store apk, then login Play Store to install any apps you need such as Google Maps, etc.