• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redmi logo bootlooping, even on latest stock MIUI

Search This thread

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
Hello,

This issue is driving me crazy because I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Basically, any ROM I flash will cause a constant bootloop on the Redmi logo and I cannot get past it regardless of what I try. The /only/ things that do work seem to be DerpFest-11-Official-Beta-miatoll-20210615-0347 and earlier but NOT any of the newer Derpfest versions. Also, the only stock MIUI that will boot just fine are really old stock MIUI 11 versions from about a year ago. Latest stock MIUI (12) is a no-go.

I have a Joyeuse and I am on V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM firmware. I never recall having this issue until a few weeks ago.

Things I've tried:

- Clearing /data entirely, fresh format, etc.
- Messing with dm-verity
- Messing with forced-encryption on and off
- Trying with and without Magisk
- Last/latest version of official MIUI 11 (Q), also bootloops
- Different versions of the MiFlash tool
- Manually flashing the latest stock MIUI 12 by typing out each command using fastboot.exe in a command prompt
- Consecutively downgrading firmwares until I'm at the first release
- Relocking and unlocking bootloader again

Basically all the generic recommendations people have posted on here, as well as all that I can think of do not work. And this is not my first phone troubleshooting rodeo, either.

Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated. My theory for now is some unusual partition got messed with somehow, even though I recall doing no such thing.

Note: please move this posting to the international model subforum if in the inappropriate spot, thanks

Last edited:

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Reactions: JJohnson1988

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
Looks like that guide is for MTK chips, not the Qualcomm ones. But that led me in the correct direction.

I found out how to get into EDL mode, but it looks like I'll have to find a patched firehose file without the auth.

Thanks.

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
Looks like I can't do anything until someone figures out how to bypass EDL authentication for my device. The only immediate option is to pay someone with appropriate credentials to do it for me, which seems like petty extortion.

So, I guess I'll wait around.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Looks like I can't do anything until someone figures out how to bypass EDL authentication for my device. The only immediate option is to pay someone with appropriate credentials to do it for me, which seems like petty extortion.

So, I guess I'll wait around.
oh you mean mi authorized account?
You try binding your phone.
In where it says unauthorised account in the corner it says bind.
Try that and wait.
Maybe you'll get access who knows?

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
Well I can't really do anything, because as I stated above, to perform the EDL unbrick I need either 1) a Xiaomi authorized account, or 2) a bypass for 1.

So far no one has figured out a bypass for this device, so the only option is to find someone with the appropriate credentials. Alas, it looks like pursuing the 1 route would cost a one-time payment. Furthermore, all the services I've seen offering said service look super shady, and I have no idea if they speak proper English.

So for now I'm just continuing to wait for a bypass or better solution.

xdadevelkl

Jun 13, 2014
Hello,

I have the same problem. What I don't understand is the thing with credentials. I have the proper credentials and can setup the stock firmware.

However, whenever I flash something newer than the DerpFest version from 15062021 (the one you said above) I get stuck with this booting every second. The only thing that helps then is to fire up the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot tools jar-file and re-flash the stock Joyeuse firmware.

Do I have - after on stock - somehow to turn off the credentials (and how?) or what would be the way to go?

Sorry for the questions, but I am a bit confused, what the cause of the issue is and how to deal with it.

Thanks!

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
I'm surprised someone else is having the same problem, to be honest.

When you say "the credentials", are you referring to the MiFlash account login, the login screen you have to log into on stock MIUI first boot, or something else entirely?

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I'm surprised someone else is having the same problem, to be honest.

When you say "the credentials", are you referring to the MiFlash account login, the login screen you have to log into on stock MIUI first boot, or something else entirely?
He is referring to the “authorized account check” like a bypass.
There might be but they are usually specific to certain phones and chipsets.

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
AFAIK there's no solution at the moment for Joyeuse.

Great forward thinking on Xiaomi's part -- there's only one possible solution and no one is authorized to perform said solution. What were they thinking?

• Love
Reactions: Kenora_I

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
I guess I'll wait and see what happens, seeing as how I have no choice anyway. Looks like xdadevelkl also has no choice.

The other outstanding question is how did both our devices even get to this state? If it's not an isolated incident after all, that's a major problem.

JJohnson1988

Dec 10, 2013
California
There's no guarantee that the brick won't happen again though, if the issue isn't uncommon. That's the thing that concerns me.

Anyways, I appreciate the assistance.
I will post if anything changes with regards to my situation.

There's no guarantee that the brick won't happen again though, if the issue isn't uncommon. That's the thing that concerns me.

Anyways, I appreciate the assistance.
I will post if anything changes with regards to my situation.
Bruv, I have the exact same issue as you, but miui 12 Q boots for me but that's about it, no A11 ROMs, not even official, only A10 ROMs(I tested with latest official RR)... I also gave it to service center and they maybe tried edl flash and still couldn't fix it.

Top Liked Posts