• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General REDMI NOTE 10 PRO GLOBAL 12.5.8 STABLE UPDATE (SEPTEMBER)

Search This thread

akuumaaa

Sep 2, 2021
Hi guys!

MIUI 12.5.8 RKFMIXM is now rolling out in global variants! ☺️

Region: Set to India
Update settings: Receive updates early
Screenshot_2021-09-22-17-11-08-386_com.android.updater.jpg

Raito Wolf

May 24, 2021
I'm still on 12.5.4 and says no update available even though I tried to switch the region and a restart.

akuumaaa

Sep 2, 2021
I'm still on 12.5.4 and says no update available even though I tried to switch the region and a restart.
What variant of redmi note 10 pro do you use? If it's global, try to change your update setting to "receive updates early" then try to change your region into Philippines and keep pressing the check for updates button until the update pops out.

Reactions: Raito Wolf

Raito Wolf

May 24, 2021
What variant of redmi note 10 pro do you use? If it's global, try to change your update setting to "receive updates early" then try to change your region into Philippines and keep pressing the check for updates button until the update pops out.
It's the Global Version and I already tried that. Seems like there are a ton of problems with this phone in my case 🙃.

patrickfenn

Jun 27, 2017
It's the Global Version and I already tried that. Seems like there are a ton of problems with this phone in my case 🙃.
There isn't any problems, just because it works for OP it doesn't mean every global variant will get it. You can always get Xiomi.eu if you want a later release. Its practically the same with some slight modifications/ debloat. You could also just get the firmware yourself and flash it.

akuumaaa

Sep 2, 2021
Yep, right! you can just manually download the official firmware and apply manually the update for your device though

akuumaaa

Sep 2, 2021
There isn't any problems, just because it works for OP it doesn't mean every global variant will get it. You can always get Xiomi.eu if you want a later release. Its practically the same with some slight modifications/ debloat. You could also just get the firmware yourself and flash it.
There are users like us who don't want to compromise their device safety, spend time in flashing/troubleshooting and to lose some important features via unlocking the device bootloader like making some of the banking apps useless, etc. Yes, Xiaomi EU is good! But clearly that custom rom is not for everyone.

Last edited:

Raito Wolf

May 24, 2021
In that case, You should factory reset your phone
Already did that.

Didn't want to mess with flashing it. I don't think it's okay to be this far behind with July update when some get the September update... Was hoping for some battery improvements.

Yep, right! you can just manually download the official firmware and apply manually the update for your device though
Already tried that. I doenloaded 12.5.6 and says "can't downgrade ROM version". Not sure how 12.5.6 is lower than 12.5.4.

There's users like us who don't want to compromise their device safety, have some hassle and losing some features via unlocking bootloader like making some of the banking apps useless, etc. Yes, Xiaomi EU is good! But clearly this custom rom is not for everyone.
Yup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.