• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Redmi note 10 pro SMS issues

Search This thread

JoelKMark

Sep 25, 2021
I have the global variant of the RN10 Pro, and i have an issue where i am experiencing significant delays in sending and receiving SMS message...I tried the stock Google Messages app and also the Pulse and Qksms apps...

So far, the Pulse app has improved the situation where the delay is only about 3 minutes..

is anybody else experiencing the same issue..

PS: I don't have any coverage issues in my area..as my old phoone was fine..and even on my RN10 Pro, the LTE connectivity is working fine..its only the messages

lubo777

I have the global variant of the RN10 Pro, and i have an issue where i am experiencing significant delays in sending and receiving SMS message...I tried the stock Google Messages app and also the Pulse and Qksms apps...

So far, the Pulse app has improved the situation where the delay is only about 3 minutes..

is anybody else experiencing the same issue..

PS: I don't have any coverage issues in my area..as my old phoone was fine..and even on my RN10 Pro, the LTE connectivity is working fine..its only the messages
I had absolutelly the same problem after debloating my MIUI ROM. Probably I have uninstalled some service important for the SMS function.
Fixed the problem flashing AOSPExtended ROM! ... :) :) :)

JoelKMark

Sep 25, 2021
Yup thank you so much for the suggestion😊😊😊..I am waiting to get my bootloader unlocked and flash the Pixel Experience Plus rom..hope this resolves it.. I will also look at the AOSP extended version.

Also, is the MIUI.eu rom a good choice if i want to get back to MIUI by any chance?

Last edited:

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
I didn't really have any issues with SMS using the stock global MIUI, but I did have some weird delays with snapchat...sometimes not even receiving them until I unlocked my phone. I switched to the xiaomi.eu rom and it was better, but I still had some delays, just not nearly as often.

I then decided to switch to AOSP extended and I had delays in SMS if I left my phone off for 20+ minutes, but switching to QKSMS fixed the problem. I had these same delays with LineageOS on my old device (LG G5) and QKSMS fixed it there too.

I think I've settled on ArrowOS though. To me it's smoother and the battery life is the best of all of the roms I've used. The included messaging app (google messaging with the GAPPS version) works fine with no delayed messages. Only problem is the included camera is... well, not great. ANX Camera works pretty well, though, it seems, but you must be rooted.

JoelKMark

Sep 25, 2021
Thank you for your insights. I will definitely keep my experience posted on the forum when i switch to the custom ROM..

Like you, I did have some issues with notifications for some apps like Gmail...but so far my biggest problem has been texts..Anyways, I'll flash a custom rom and see..

😊😊😊

JoelKMark

Sep 25, 2021
Instaling the Pixel Experience ROM has greatly improved my texting experience. There are no extended delays in receiving and sending messages.

I am experiencing screen flickering issues at 120Hz though. Works fine at 60Hz

JoelKMark

Sep 25, 2021
LOL What better technical support than XDA?? in all seriousness, i don't mind using the phone at 60Hz, so I am set for now. Thank you guys for the support))))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perhaps this is a flaw in this version, which just got to you.I think it was possible to call the technical support service right away and consult with them))))