Question Redmi note 10 rebooting again and again

Search This thread

munimjaffer

Jul 3, 2015
Karachi
My phone was charging and all of a sudden it restarted and got stuck on lockscreen. After 5 seconds it again restarted and again got stuck on lockscreen. I tried factory resetting it, installing new ROM and even flashed MIUI 13 using PE recovery but the problem still persists. I've done factory reset for like 15 times and installed MIUI firmware as well with no luck.
It all happened on its own, I wasn't doing anything to my phone. Please help.

Update: I installed fastboot rom using MI flash tool but the problem still persists.

Last edited:

munimjaffer

Jul 3, 2015
Karachi
Is the battery good? It sounds like hardware.
Yes I never encountered any issues with the battery. By the way I've flashed stock rom but still my phone keeps rebooting after showing the welcome screen.
1664299296785.png

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yes I never encountered any issues with the battery. By the way I've flashed stock rom but still my phone keeps rebooting after showing the welcome screen.View attachment 5721763
A failed battery be the easy answer; then can fail with no warning and is most likely to happen during the stress of charging. Any swelling is failure! Erratic fast charging is another symptom. If it's capacity has dropped below 80% of its original capacity it's considered degraded and should be replaced. Degraded Li's are more likely to fail.
If the battery can't sink enough current the device won't be able to boot. Although it may sink enough current to open the boot menu which uses far less power.

The next most likely culprit is the mobo if the correct firmware was loaded. However if the battery was weak it may have corrupted the flash. A loose connector or other failed subassembly is also possible.

munimjaffer

Jul 3, 2015
Karachi
A failed battery be the easy answer; then can fail with no warning and is most likely to happen during the stress of charging. Any swelling is failure! Erratic fast charging is another symptom. If it's capacity has dropped below 80% of its original capacity it's considered degraded and should be replaced. Degraded Li's are more likely to fail.
If the battery can't sink enough current the device won't be able to boot. Although it may sink enough current to open the boot menu which uses far less power.

The next most likely culprit is the mobo if the correct firmware was loaded. However if the battery was weak it may have corrupted the flash. A loose connector or other failed subassembly is also possible.
could it be the motherboard? Coz I got my motherboard replaced from official xiaomi store in january.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Yes I never encountered any issues with the battery. By the way I've flashed stock rom but still my phone keeps rebooting after showing the welcome screen.View attachment 5721763
One caveat:
You are using a very old official system to fix.
Latest version of Android 11 = V12.5.5.0.RKGMIXM
Latest version of Android 12 = V13.0.10.0.SKGMIXM

If you can't get a clean install in MiFlash and you're doing everything right, it's a hardware error.

munimjaffer

Jul 3, 2015
Karachi
One caveat:
You are using a very old official system to fix.
Latest version of Android 11 = V12.5.5.0.RKGMIXM
Latest version of Android 12 = V13.0.10.0.SKGMIXM

If you can't get a clean install in MiFlash and you're doing everything right, it's a hardware error.
then it must be a hardware error.
Anyways how do I power it off? It's stuck on boot screen and long pressing the power button results in reboot. Is there any fastboot command to do that?

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
yea must be battery or mobo problem. if it does not bootloop while plugged in a charger then it's a battery problem. also try banging the back case and the hardware keys especially the power button. maybe something is stuck. if something is loose then you need to have it checked.

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
Try flashing without Miflash.
Download latest fastboot rom 13.0.10.
Extract fastboot rom files then copy latest fastboot.exe from HERE and paste it inside the folder.
Run flash_all.bat

spider1163

The "catch checkpoint" is just a Mi Flash thing.
The ROM is flashed successfuly, but the software is checking one last step, which is failing.

You can safely remove the checkpoint thing in the configuration menu : delete the line "Check Point".
With this checkpoint you will get passed only if you flash and lock your phone.

Source : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nt-fastboot-s-lock-flash-is-not-done.3965649/

Last edited: