Question Redmi Note 11 4G (Global) won't charge and turn on after a update try

Search This thread

rover_

Nov 24, 2016
Hello,

My costumer tried to update his Redmi Note 11 from 13.0.9 to 13.0.12 rom via Update App, I don't know if he made something wrong, but now the phone won't charge and not turning on.

When I put the charging cable, the battery symbol blink some times but nothing happens. I'm sending a video that shows it.

I can't get into fastboot mode and when I plug it on PC nothing happens, only the battery symbol blinks and Windows not recognize the phone

Can this phone be saved?

Thank for all help in advance.

Attachments

• VID-20220607-WA0035.mp4
    12.9 MB · Views: 0

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello,

My costumer tried to update his Redmi Note 11 from 13.0.9 to 13.0.12 rom via Update App, I don't know if he made something wrong, but now the phone won't charge and not turning on.

When I put the charging cable, the battery symbol blink some times but nothing happens. I'm sending a video that shows it.

I can't get into fastboot mode and when I plug it on PC nothing happens, only the battery symbol blinks and Windows not recognize the phone

Can this phone be saved?

My guess is that they tried to update when the battery was so discharged, then the update didn't finish correctly, still seems no battery.
When you charge the battery again, try to enter to recovery mode and do a factory reset, try to boot.
To enter to fastboot mode you can, either press volume down + PWR button, or pressing volume down and at same time, connect to your PC, but not much you can do through it, if the bootloader is locked, and plus, the user didn´t start the process to unlock it.

rover_

Nov 24, 2016
My guess is that they tried to update when the battery was so discharged, then the update didn't finish correctly, still seems no battery.
When you charge the battery again, try to enter to recovery mode and do a factory reset, try to boot.
To enter to fastboot mode you can, either press volume down + PWR button, or pressing volume down and at same time, connect to your PC, but not much you can do through it, if the bootloader is locked, and plus, the user didn´t start the process to unlock it.
Thanks for your answer.

I charged the phone for 24 hours and it is the same as it appears in the video. It didn't charge and it won't turn on. Only the battery symbol appears.

I can't get into recovery mode or fastboot mode.

I tried to connect it to the PC holding Volume- but nothing happens, the same battery symbol appears :(

Bootloader is locked.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for your answer.

I charged the phone for 24 hours and it is the same as it appears in the video. It didn't charge and it won't turn on. Only the battery symbol appears.

I tried to connect it to the PC holding Volume- but nothing happens, the same battery symbol appears :(

Bootloader is locked.
Well, you don't need to charge for 24 hours, it seems to me that something in the hardware is damaged or was disconnected, like the charging flex connector, it could be an internal error, you should check it with the help of a technician, the symbol shows no charge at all. After you solve it, at hardware level, then you should try some tips at software level.

Reactions: galibalmasanick
Well, you don't need to charge for 24 hours, it seems to me that something in the hardware is damaged or was disconnected, like the charging flex connector, it could be an internal error, you should check it with the help of a technician, the symbol shows no charge at all. After you solve it, at hardware level, then you should try some tips at software level.
RIGHT

Majid6165

Jun 25, 2022
Hi. I am facing the same issue exactly. However, i didnt update or anything. My phone was discharged after day of use. So i tried to recharge it normally and its not getting charged or turning on. Did you resolve the issue? any tips

Majid6165

Jun 25, 2022
Hello,

Can this phone be saved?

Hello brother. Im facing the s
Hello,

Can this phone be saved?

Hello brother. Im facing the same exact issue. did you fix the phone. Any way to fix it?

Attachments

• redmi.png
    redmi.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 47

doc4dev

Jun 25, 2022
Today my phone has fully discharged and I have the exact same issue.
Impossible to boot and I cannot charge it, as it results as the blinking of the battery icon...

On my side, if I plug the USB-C, it does not even says it charges / but it vibrates each ~5sec with the same (empty) battery icon...

Majid6165

Jun 25, 2022
Today my phone has fully discharged and I have the exact same issue.
Impossible to boot and I cannot charge it, as it results as the blinking of the battery icon...

On my side, if I plug the USB-C, it does not even says it charges / but it vibrates each ~5sec with the same (empty) battery icon...
hi..i have already posted this on a thread in the morning. i have same exact issue.

I dropped the email to xiaomi and they after lot of back and forth emails, and trying everything out, they asked me to visit a service center. apparently after doing some research the only way to fix it is by opening the phone and disconnecting the battery and connecting it again.

My phone was less than a month old and ordered from amazon. they are going to accept the return request luckily.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I know guys, no one likes to disassemble a device or take it to a repair service center, but the issue is clearly related to a hardware fault, i.e. battery, charge flex connector or whatever they are called.

v|r|s

Apr 26, 2022
hi..i have already posted this on a thread in the morning. i have same exact issue.

I dropped the email to xiaomi and they after lot of back and forth emails, and trying everything out, they asked me to visit a service center. apparently after doing some research the only way to fix it is by opening the phone and disconnecting the battery and connecting it again.

My phone was less than a month old and ordered from amazon. they are going to accept the return request luckily.
I had the same issue, wouldn't boot or display anything, so I took the phone (spesn) to a service center.

The technician told me all he did to repair the phone was a software upgrade... No problems since then, it probably can be done at home somehow...

vanellopevonn

Nov 8, 2022
I had the same issue, wouldn't boot or display anything, so I took the phone (spesn) to a service center.

The technician told me all he did to repair the phone was a software upgrade... No problems since then, it probably can be done at home somehow...
hello guys, i have the same issue facing right now, it's been 7 hrs charging. This is the first time that I drained the battery. Have you all tried to fix it into a technician? because I'm still worrying, and I already tried the other solutions.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I wanna fix my phone as soon as possible :(
It seems a hardware issue, but...

Some bad flashing cycle can cause the display not "turning on" at all, but really, it's just not showing a thing, to cover and check this possibility, you should flash a different firmware, just check out, the state your device gets connected, and try flashing a firmware.

Microsheepcl

Sep 7, 2022
For everyone who has this problem, remember that with locked bootloader it is impossible to flash the official rom by miflash.

The only alternative you have at the moment is to try to start the phone in EDL mode and that means opening the phone and seeing how to do the test point.

IF the pc recognizes it, they are in luck and it can be recovered, but due to xiaomi policies, only some people have accounts authorized to flash by EDL and charge for the service, many do it remotely and are found on telegram.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
All the lot of issues, users are reporting on this device, they are realizing that Xiaomi is forcing them all to unlock the bootloader.

Unlocking the bootloader may be the fastest and cheapest way to escape from an eventual disastrous scenario.

godswhipper

May 12, 2023
I have the same issue with my Redmi Note 11, I successfully update it, I have 3 other chargers and cables I try all possible methods to eliminate possibilities even check type-c port but phone not charging after mini 13.0.12 update. How we gonna have fix this or is the are a plan from xiaomi to have solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your answer.

Bootloader is locked.