• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redmi note 3 pro Lcd highcopy or original price and quality, Have Experience ?

Search This thread

nIMa_aZx

Dec 15, 2012
Tehran
Hi everybody.
I got redmi note 3 pro kenzo about 8 months ago.
recently it fell from my hand and the lcd was broken.
as where i live it is more expensive than other countries.
i have to buy it online and shipping to my uncle in europe (madrid) then get it.
so there is a problem. i have no idea which on is better or is there a highcopy and original type ?
i have found some lcds dealers in aliexperes or...
price about 19.99$ with 97% positive from people who bought or 20~22$ . i dont know can i put the link here or not !

and more expensive about 38~40$ from limited dealers.

what is the diffrence in quality and which on is more reasonable ?

D

Deleted member 5226518

"Fake" lcd are... normal. I bought one for 18€ from aliexpress and it works, but left and right bezels are poorly cutted (1-2 pixel in width are covered by bezels, but everything is visible), multitouch and responsiveness can be a little sluggish and there is a little backlight bleeding under keys. Colors and brightness are actually not so different from original. If you want to save money you can live with a "fake" lcd (it's kinda ok for me), but original will be objectively better

Reactions: nIMa_aZx

cmglng

Apr 1, 2016
"Fake" lcd are... normal. I bought one for 18€ from aliexpress and it works, but left and right bezels are poorly cutted (1-2 pixel in width are covered by bezels, but everything is visible), multitouch and responsiveness can be a little sluggish and there is a little backlight bleeding under keys. Colors and brightness are actually not so different from original. If you want to save money you can live with a "fake" lcd (it's kinda ok for me), but original will be objectively better
Can you share the link to that low quality screen you bought

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

is anybody there replaced kenzo lcd ?!
I purchased a replacement screen from AliExpress. Display works but the touch screen is not. What's interesting is another guy mentioned the same issue on the PureNexus thread. He's claiming that it works on other ROMs but not on that particular AOSP based one. Cant confirm this yet cause PureNexus have been my daily driver for quite a long time now, I've only tested the replacement screen with PN and MIUI Multirom. I'll test other ROMs, but if it still wont work, I guess I'll be stuck with my original broken screen.

Reactions: lakshay ahuja
D

Deleted member 5226518

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I purchased a replacement screen from AliExpress. Display works but the touch screen is not. What's interesting is another guy mentioned the same issue on the PureNexus thread. He's claiming that it works on other ROMs but not on that particular AOSP based one. Cant confirm this yet cause PureNexus have been my daily driver for quite a long time now, I've only tested the replacement screen with PN and MIUI Multirom. I'll test other ROMs, but if it still wont work, I guess I'll be stuck with my original broken screen.

Here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xia...ouch-Screen-For-Xiaomi-Redmi/32591550274.html
And I had that bad experience too, but I totally solved flashing agni kernel. MIUI works fine, and every aosp-los-caf based rom works perfectly after flashing agni kernel (radon kernel doesn't work). Actually I'm on RR by movzx+agni with a replaced lcd, but even nos, citrus and aosip work perfectly fine with agni (aosip with stock kernel too). I donated to psndna88, he totally deserved it.

cmglng

Apr 1, 2016
Here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xia...ouch-Screen-For-Xiaomi-Redmi/32591550274.html
And I had that bad experience too, but I totally solved flashing agni kernel. MIUI works fine, and every aosp-los-caf based rom works perfectly after flashing agni kernel (radon kernel doesn't work). Actually I'm on RR by movzx+agni with a replaced lcd, but even nos, citrus and aosip work perfectly fine with agni (aosip with stock kernel too). I donated to psndna88, he totally deserved it.
Oh. The brand of the screen I got is CAPAS. It's cheaper cause it includes the midframe for just an additional $2.5. The display is warmer (yellowish) when compared to the original stock screen with the same settings. I'll give it a try with AGNi.

D

Deleted member 5226518

Oh. The brand of the screen I got is CAPAS. It's cheaper cause it includes the midframe for just an additional $2.5. The display is warmer (yellowish) when compared to the original stock screen with the same settings. I'll give it a try with AGNi.

Remember: leave screen calibration to standard (or stock), not "vivid". Actually, colors and brightness of the lcd I linked are pretty close to stock, the only "problem" is the corners are a little too large and cover 1-2 pixel from the sides, but it isn't a big deal

cmglng

Apr 1, 2016
Actually no, only radon and agni (besides stock kernel of every rom)
Tried with both agni and EX on PureNexus. Still doesnt work. Will try it on RR. Cant find i though. Can you share that RR MOVZX link?

By the way, even on TWRP, the touch screen doesn't work. I'm using TWRP 3.1.1.1 from the Strix

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5226518

Tried with both agni and EX on PureNexus. Still doesnt work. Will try it on RR. Cant find i though. Can you share that RR MOVZX link?

By the way, even on TWRP, the touch screen doesn't work. I'm using TWRP 3.1.1.1 from the Strix

Tried AGNI with AOSIP and RR. Still it didnt work. Maybe this is just a defective part. Im hoping that I'll be luckier with the next screen I'll buy.

Uhm... Weird, I'm sorry. Btw, this is RR by movzx https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=142398 , but if none of the roms you tried work I don't think this can work neither... You can try with official twrp too https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredminote3.html .

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
Y bother but a trash fake display...it cost 2599 in India..n it's an original display...I got mi e replace n it comes with a well warranty until u dun drop it again in that week

Spend some bucks n get an original display n a rugged Armor case.. didn't waste money on fake ones... Ul end up spending more on fake o es than what u would spend on the real one

purval6300

Mar 23, 2013
Surat,Gujarat
Y bother but a trash fake display...it cost 2599 in India..n it's an original display...I got mi e replace n it comes with a well warranty until u dun drop it again in that week

Spend some bucks n get an original display n a rugged Armor case.. didn't waste money on fake ones... Ul end up spending more on fake o es than what u would spend on the real one

2599 without taxes + service charge or with?

youssef0789

Mar 5, 2016
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Last edited:

mgeranimus

Nov 9, 2014
Vilnius

Maybe that guy is me? Yeah i bought cheapest lcd acreen replacement for as low as 15 eur. The only thing which helped me to use a device with touc screen working i back to miui. It worked. Installed purenexus ,oficiial los14.1 and they dont work.. but i found a solution.

I use agni kernel and thats it. Thank me if i helped you. Now im using los15 unofficial wirhout agni kernel and it works better than wit nougat based os.

Hit thanks if i helped you. Its really annoying to find a good screen replacement. Not every fake screen has that problem bcz there are still a lot of variations of lcd oems

Good luck

Archit9169

May 13, 2016
Lucknow
The reason that fake screens do not work are the drivers. Every touch has different drivers and some rom may have it or some may dont like your generic drivers.

I bough my screen for 900 Inr in india. Its a duplicate screen. The only problem was i had to try around 10 screens and none of them worked but fortunately one worked on twrp and hence it works on other roms too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5226518

D
    Deleted member 5226518
    Have you tried ElementalX kernel with it?

Actually no, only radon and agni (besides stock kernel of every rom)
    You wont be able to find original screen except service centre... And in local market you will get it for Rs.1000-1200 for complete combo or folder. There is nothing like high copy... All are same.. in spare parta market