Redmi Note 4 International availability

Search This thread

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
Hey,

did you get the phone already? Where did you get it from and how long did it take? Are you happy with the reseller you choose? Please share your experience :D .

I got mine from Gearbest, shipping was fast (very fast), it came over the weekend, service was good. All in all I am happy. How are you?
That's the one I got:Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9
Hey,

did you get the phone already? Where did you get it from and how long did it take? Are you happy with the reseller you choose? Please share your experience :D .

I got mine from Gearbest, shipping was fast (very fast), it came over the weekend, service was good. All in all I am happy. How are you?
That's the one I got:Mod Edit
Haven't purchased yet but may be purchasing from the below link. It may be a bit more expensive but I believe they ship from Europe rather than China and so won't have the potential extra customs charge. Would also prefer the black/gray metal model but it seems to be slightly dearer everywhere so silver would do.

Mod Edit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

smokinjoe2122

Apr 21, 2011
Milwaukee - WI
I bought mine from GearBest also. Crazy thing is, if you purchase with their app, you get an additional 30% or so off. I got the 3GB RAM \ 64 GB storage, Gold colored for $218, compared to the website which was $255.

Shipping was fast, I paid an extra $5 for DHL express, and it came in under a Week.

All in all, a really good experience for shipping something like this to the middle of the U.S.

Reactions: gsmyth

mikey33rs

Jul 7, 2015
Šibenik
I got my (for my wife to be honest) from TopOne store on AliExpress. 3/64gb silver and with DHL shipping was 203$. The best thing is that they ship to England first and then to rest of EU so there is no custom fee's for importing! Can say only good things about TopOne store: very good comunication with seller, checking devices before shipping (you can choose not to also if you want sealed phone package) and pretty cheap price.

Edit: Also bought Redmi Note 2 around Christmass last year and em very satisfied with phone considering what did cost back then (130$+20ish$ for DHL)

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
I got my (for my wife to be honest) from TopOne store on AliExpress. 3/64gb silver and with DHL shipping was 203$. The best thing is that they ship to England first and then to rest of EU so there is no custom fee's for importing! Can say only good things about TopOne store: very good comunication with seller, checking devices before shipping (you can choose not to also if you want sealed phone package) and pretty cheap price.

Edit: Also bought Redmi Note 2 around Christmass last year and em very satisfied with phone considering what did cost back then (130$+20ish$ for DHL)

TopOne is good yeah.

But!!!! I personally hate it when Chinese re-seller open the boxes! Xiaomi does a quality check and I trust Xiaomi more then any Chinese reseller.

The problem is: When opening the box, they install a manipulated fake-MIUI version and bloatware.
Meaning: First thing you must do after getting the phone from TopOne (and similar shops) is -> perform a clean flash and do a factory reset. (Sucks IMO.)

mikey_rs

Apr 4, 2012
Šibenik
Very much true but, as I was saying, you can tell them when buying as a note, not to open. I told them to open box, check the phone and dont touch software and I got tested RN4 with, what it seems to be original china ROM. If I'm not mistaken they also write it on description about opening box (in case of buyinf as a gift or similar) and I got PM as soon as I payed the phone asking what to do and explaining about shipping.
Anyway, whereever you buy you have to read description and google few opinions about seller.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheUltrametricSpace

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
Very much true but, as I was saying, you can tell them when buying as a note, not to open. I told them to open box, check the phone and dont touch software and I got tested RN4 with, what it seems to be original china ROM. If I'm not mistaken they also write it on description about opening box (in case of buyinf as a gift or similar) and I got PM as soon as I payed the phone asking what to do and explaining about shipping.
Anyway, whereever you buy you have to read description and google few opinions about seller.

that's nice. :D

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
Where abouts are you? Did you pay extra for courier delivery or express? As your delivery was very quick. I'm looking for sellers who deliver from an Eu warehouse (I'm in the UK). You end up paying extra but I'll probably pay it in customs if it comes in from China.

I bought mine on Deal X. I got it after 2 weeks. It was shiped from China to Germany, and the delivery was free. :)

arna1958

Dec 18, 2014
Vergato (BO)
Where abouts are you? Did you pay for any Eu customs insurance or any particular delivery method?

I'm in Italy
This is my order detail

Cover 3.99$
Note 4 212$
Custom insurance 6$
S.F. Express 18$
Discount 15$

After shipment they send you the tracer and you can chek where it is.
About the track is better to use 17Track site. I don't know, but it is updated in faster way then SF Express
The note 4 is arrived with the original china stable rom, so nothing strange.
After the first switch on I got a rom update.
Yesterday I flashed the global rom.

Last edited:

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9
I'm in Italy
This is my order detail

Cover 3.99$
Note 4 212$
Custom insurance 6$
S.F. Express 18$
Discount 15$

After shipment they send you the tracer and you can chek where it is.
About the track is better to use 17Track site. I don't know, but it is updated in faster way then SF Express
The note 4 is arrived with the original china stable rom, so nothing strange.
After the first swithc on I got a rom update.
Yesterday I flashed the global rom.
Thanks, did you get a discount code online or have you shopped with them previously?

mforce2

Feb 14, 2009
I got my Redmi Note 4 from fastcardtech and I was quite pleased with how they handled things. One thing I didn't like is that they chose the shipping for me ( NL post even though I chose something else). Other than that the phone came sealed, no tampering , nothing. It had the Chinese ROM with MIUI 7 and I did an OTA to MIUI 8.
When you also consider that I only paid $155 for the 16 GB version I'd say it was a pretty good deal.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I got my Redmi Note 4 from fastcardtech and I was quite pleased with how they handled things. One thing I didn't like is that they chose the shipping for me ( NL post even though I chose something else). Other than that the phone came sealed, no tampering , nothing. It had the Chinese ROM with MIUI 7 and I did an OTA to MIUI 8.
When you also consider that I only paid $155 for the 16 GB version I'd say it was a pretty good deal.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9
Screenshot_20161113-125850.png

Can't tell if this is too good to be true? Very cheap for the 64gb model, there's an extra few quid to pay for shipping and that's if it doesn't get stopped for customs, but even then it's still cheap. Anyone bought from To2c.com?

Sorry price was cut off, it's £127.

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
Different ROMs?

Hello friends, I am new to the Xiaomi/MIUI topic, so please be patient with me.
I am about to order a Redmi note 4. I stumbled upon different offers from geekbuying and flosmall. What I wonder about is, that geekbuying particularly advertises one version as International Global ROM with Google play pre-installed and OTA updates capable.

I know that Google play is not available in China, but that - in general - I can install it afterwards.

Flosmall does not say anything about the MIUI version or Google play or OTAs.

Would I run into problems when I order from flosmall, then be able to update OTA and install Google play? Or would everything run smooth and easy?

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,
    My Redmi Note 4 Review after 2 days:.
    Sorry I know it's long winded but once I got started writing about this device well....

l wasn't expecting my device to be delivered this week as no tracking events were showing since ordering on the 29th Nov but to my surprise my package arrived Thursday morning from DHL.
    So it took 10 days from placing the order with To2c.com to delivery to my door, So their service & delivery was very good IMO.

So In very short order I peeled the packaging open to reveal the RN4 box along with 2 gifts, a tempered glass screen protector & clear Tpu gel case cover all very well protected with bubble wrap & in perfect condition.
    They let me know last week that the other 2 cases I had ordered with the phone are being despatched from their other warehouse so they will arrive in a separate package unfortunately but the freebie gel case is pretty decent until they arrive.

I find it's always difficult buying anything online that you can't physically touch & especially when it comes to higher dollar digital items even more so.

I went straight into unlocking the phone & in so I installed the China Dev fastboot ROM & using SP flash tools went through the unlocking procedure, I have to say that reading & reading forums & double checking everything here makes the whole process much easier.

I then went in & flashed Cofface TWRP but ran into a problem with Chinese language when booting into it... Eventually solved I flashed the China Stable & played with that for a while, I was actually waiting for CosmicDan's CosmicTweaks latest rendition to be released but decided to install the Xiaomi.EU 8.1.3.0 Stable ROM in the interim.

So far I think this is the best ROM I have tested so I'll stick with that for now.

I did have some trouble installing OpenGapps or Gapps in general via TWRP as the Xiaomi.Eu ROM only has the prerequisites I believe?? It has Google Play but no Gmail, Maps, Calendar etc.

So onto the Review:

I can tell you that the pictures of this phone really don't do it justice, it feels & looks like a top quality phone at least worth double it's price tag even before firing it up.

The aesthetic of the phone feels of really high quality materials & its nicely formed back & sides fit well into my hand, it does feel a little heavy but that's in comparison to my old phone & when I say heavy its more like a well built "Solid" heavy.

The display is nice, crisp & clear, the on screen scrolling is buttery smooth & the glass is not too glossy as to show reflections too badly.
    I'm coming from a 5" display but the extra 0.5 inches really feels a lot bigger & I love this extra real estate.
    I find the outdoor visibility quite good, not great but acceptable.

The multitasking/memory management seems very good (currently on Xiaomi.eu 8.1.3.0 Stable ROM) but I'm not a huge power user either & it easily seems to keep up with all I can throw at it.
    Apps launch quickly & the MIUI is very snappy overall it operates without any lag.
    I m happy to stick with MIUI as it feels nice & looks good.

The Camera is decent & I'm not a pro when it comes to photography & couldnt tell the difference in any comparison photos tbh but it will easily do me for my day to day life photos.

The fingerprint reader is a marvel, I've never had one but I've heard great things about the one on this device, I can say it's awesome & I love it, it's so accurate, responsive & it effortlessly unlocks the device everytime.
    I think the placement is perfect & I found within hours I was picking up the phone & my finger just slips into the reader & bingo!!!

Cons:
    Automatic brightness really sucks & it was really evident right out the box & was the same with all the ROM's I had flashed, I now have installed Velis Auto Brightness (a thanks to CosmicDan) & it's a lot better.

Charging speed is a little slow but I'm coming from a fast charge VOOC device so that's to be expected here given the price.

The WLAN seems to disable on restart & have to re-enable it on each start, I really haven't looked into it just yet tbh but it may be something quite simple.

There are some small bugs with the Xiaomi.Eu 8.1.3.0 Stable ROM all of which are known but not really worth worrying about IMO.

Google play store downloads seems slow as noted by another member & I have found the same, but it's only on initial app setup of the Phone that it's a drag.

In finishing up I really like everything about it, I'm really happy I did the research & read all the reviews because I made a great choice.

In summary, I think if you are in the market for a new a new phone, you like the design, the specs & are happy to change ROM's in search of a stable daily driver OS then I highly recommend it.

Yes yes I think it's possible to love a phone, well I sleep next to it don't I?

I will do a follow up review of the accessories that came with the device shortly.
    Thanks for your info. Changing the ROM sounds to require root. Is that correct or is that different with Xiaomi if you switch between ROMs ?

If you want change rom from chinese to global or from stable to developer you can do that also without unlock your bootloader.
    You can use sp flah tool. On miui official site there are some guide
    Thanks for your info. Changing the ROM sounds to require root. Is that correct or is that different with Xiaomi if you switch between ROMs ?

I dont think you need root specifically but you will most likely need to unlock your bootloader as per the below post (unless for official roms which can be flashed using SP flash tools)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69049305&postcount=30

Global rom thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/how-to/rom-miui-8-global-stable-rom-redmi-note-t3472122
    I just received my RN4 from geekbuying.com last week after I ordered on 2 December. A few days later, I ordered some accessories (thin TPU cover, screen film, flip wallet cover) from AliExpress but didn't receive them all yet.

As soon as I will have received them, I will post my impressions.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone