Redmi Note 5 - Whyred or Vince?

Search This thread

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Hello,

just come over to ask, want to buy my wife and me new phones and found the xiaomi redmi note 5 (global version).
Specs are good enought for us, so want to buy it and want (of course) flash lineageOS but now i am confused with devicename...
Will it be whyred or vince?

Last edited:
Hello,

just come over to ask, want to buy my wife and me new phones and found the xiaomi redmi note 5 plus (global version).
Specs are good enought for us, so want to buy it and want (of course) flash lineageOS but now i am confused with devicename...
Are 2 different phones.

Vince : snapdragon 626
Whyred: snapdragon 636

If on doubt check processor

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Well its wired anyway, because the processor is 636 so as you say it has to be whyred, but after looking for twrp it say xaiomi redmi note 5 pro instead xiaomi redmi note 5 (missing pro). Is it the same device, dont want to brick the devices...

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
Well its wired anyway, because the processor is 636 so as you say it has to be whyred, but after looking for twrp it say xaiomi redmi note 5 pro instead xiaomi redmi note 5 (missing pro). Is it the same device, dont want to brick the devices...

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs
Yes, it's called pro in India

BhagyeshGamer

Jul 9, 2016
Mumbai
Hello,

just come over to ask, want to buy my wife and me new phones and found the xiaomi redmi note 5 (global version).
Redmi Note 5 Pro(Indian)/Redmi Note 5(in china) -- Whyred (SD636)
Redmi Note 5 (Indian)/Redmi 5 Plus (China) -- Vince (SD625)
Phone names are messed up by Xiaomi!