Redmi Note 6 Pro Suddenly Bricked - Needs operation authorization ? ...

Search This thread

xer094

May 22, 2020
Somehow the phone went fully bricked.
No led wants to light up nothing is recognizing it except device manager as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3).
Only way i was able to get it to run into another boot loop was by fully charging it and attempting to press power on ... happened on occasions but software is damaged, so i can enter it into fastboot mode max.
It has some security system inside not letting me Flash it without an authorized account.
I tried to use everything i have found including Firehose , sadly in such a mode it is ineffective ...
My phone is not rooted, not flashed, i didnt try any hardware manipulation yet.

Are there any recommendation ?

Last edited:

Nitin Rai

• Apr 19, 2015
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
    Is your phone's bootloader unlocked? If yes and you are able to boot into fastboot mode than you can flash the factory ROM. If your bootloader is not unlocked you cannot flash any ROM. So, you have to bruteforce flash the factory ROM through 'EDL'. Good luck!

xer094

May 22, 2020
    Is your phone's bootloader unlocked? If yes and you are able to boot into fastboot mode than you can flash the factory ROM. If your bootloader is not unlocked you cannot flash any ROM. So, you have to bruteforce flash the factory ROM through 'EDL'. Good luck!

Id need to glash it through EDL since my bootloader is locked.
    I cant find any tutorial for it, other than being an authorized xiaomi user to fix it...

xer094

May 22, 2020
    Good luck! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped you ?

Sadly, im still facing the same issue, i cant find any correct site/video where i could fix the phone ... im in EDL Mode but requires authentication to work ...
    No Source ive found works without an authorized login

Dec 14, 2013
    Problem solved....!

Sadly, im still facing the same issue, i cant find any correct site/video where i could fix the phone ... im in EDL Mode but requires authentication to work ...
    No Source ive found works without an authorized login

I removed the back cover and disconnect the battery. Under the battery ribbon there are three points. You have to short circuit two points while connecting the data cable. than press flash button and here you go. Problem solved. It will take 10-12 mins. watch following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7EDizk5N0

xer094

May 22, 2020
    I removed the back cover and disconnect the battery. Under the battery ribbon there are three points. You have to short circuit two points while connecting the data cable. than press flash button and here you go. Problem solved. It will take 10-12 mins. watch following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7EDizk5N0

For me this process doesnt work, i get storsec.mbn error as it is flashing...
    One of the suggestions from the video comments is written to try QPST, sadly this one isnt working with me ... or could be i havent found a good source for it.

felipetnk

Oct 25, 2015
    I had the same problem, need an authorized account to flash, so, before giving up, i contacted a russian guy who flashed my phone via teamviewer for 20 USD. Better than nothing I guess.

Nitin Rai

• Apr 19, 2015
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
    Still not solved, getting storsec.mbn error

That means one of your phone's partition is corrupted

So you can try using a flash tool called "Qfil Fash Tool"
    If qfil also doesn't work then try "EMMC DL Tool"
    (With shorting the pins in the motherboard)

In these two tools you will get different modes of flashing. Try them out. Good luck!

Last edited: