• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Redmi Note 6 Pro Unbrick in EDL Mode - I Need Help!

Search This thread

Nitin Rai

Apr 19, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
If what I think your problem is than it maybe the buttons issue which makes the phone reboot and shutdown and things like that. So, try once with the hardware side keys removed from the board (by try I mean try to boot into system without hardware buttons connected in the board)

Gh_Racer

Dec 12, 2018
Italy
If what I think your problem is than it maybe the buttons issue which makes the phone reboot and shutdown and things like that. So, try once with the hardware side keys removed from the board (by try I mean try to boot into system without hardware buttons connected in the board)
I would like to do so, unfortunately the phone is not giving any life signals. It’s not booting, rebooting, or whatsoever.

Also, I think that if this was the cause of the issue, I would still have been able to get it work in EDL mode.

Nitin Rai

Apr 19, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
I would like to do so, unfortunately the phone is not giving any life signals. It’s not booting, rebooting, or whatsoever.

Also, I think that if this was the cause of the issue, I would still have been able to get it work in EDL mode.

See if battery is charged and remove buttons and try. Battery is needed for EDL on some Qualcomm phones

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    I seriously need some advices since I can't manage to solve my problem.

BEFORE YOU READ:
    A month has passed, and I couldn't manage to recover my phone. I decided to buy a brand new phone for my brother.
    The thread is going to stay there, since I hope it could be useful for people luckier than myself

The Problem:
    • My brother found his phone (the Redmi Note 6 Pro) turned off.
      • He wasn't able to turn it on.
    • I could manage to wake it up by pressing volume-up + power
      • very strangely, it directly turned into the OS (and not into the TWRP)
        • "but ok, at least it turned on" I thought
    • After only a few minutes, the phone suddenly turned off and from there my journey started to became a p**p :)
    I'm not able to enter into recovery, and I'm not able to enter into fastboot neither.
    I realized that the phone is fu--- ehmm I mean bricked. The funny thing is that we haven't done anything strange.

Some useful informations:
    • latest TWRP was installed
    • I was on the latest Pixel Experience Extended ROM (Android 11)
    • No custom kernel (I kept the kernel included in the PEE ROM)
    • No Root

What I tried:
    Since it was impossible to do anything, I followed some guides (found here and on Youtube as well) and I opened my phone (if I'm lucky, I haven't destroyed anything ---- YET :cowboy: ).
    1. I managed to enter in EDL mode
      • my Windows PC is able to recognize it on the COM / LPT ports as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
    2. I downloaded the Mi Flash Tool
    3. I downloaded the Boot Firmware and the two special files (prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf and prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_lite.elf) following this video link (please don't blame me, but I haven't found anything here)
      • I put the files inside the image folder
      • I tried to flash the firmware via Mi Flash but I got a funny error: "cannot receive hello packet"
    4. Thinking that I was doing something wrong, I downloaded the latest Mi Flash Tool but nothing
    5. I downloaded the latest tulip global image but nothing
    6. I authenticated with the mi account into the tool (technically it shouldn't be needed) and... guess what? nothing.
    I'm totally out of ideas. Of course I tried to reconnect the phone multiple times (shortening the two pins every time). I also tried to disconnect the battery and going USB-power-only.

Every time I get the "cannot receive hello packet" error, and suddenly the procedure fails saying "Riferimento ad un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di un oggetto" (italian, that means "Object reference not set to an instance of an object").
    EDIT: this error is also listed as "Null Reference Exception" (since it seems to be caused by the following exception: "System.NullReferenceException" - as you can read in the log I included)

Any ideas? What else can I try? Have I done anything wrong?

This never happened me before in almost 10 years of flashing. And, you know what? I just learned how to destr--- ehm open a phone! :p (...I used the little metal tab inside a Monster Energy can as tool *coff coff* -- C Y B E R P U N K)

Thanks to everyone that will try to help me. Every suggestion is appreciated*
    *but please don't suggest me a trash can :(

Mi Flash Log:
    [15:18:15 COM6]:MiFlash 2020.3.14.0
    [15:18:15 COM6]:vboytest index:6
    [15:18:15 COM6]:flash in thread name:COM6,id:15
    [15:18:15 COM6]:sw in images
    [15:18:15 COM6]:flash in thread name:COM6,id:15
    [15:18:15 COM6]:vboytest do open :
    [15:18:15 COM6]: serial port COM6 opend successfully
    [15:18:15 COM6]:[COM6]:start flash.
    [15:18:16 COM6]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
    [15:18:17 COM6]:try to reset status.
    [15:18:17 COM6]:Switch mode back
    [15:18:17 COM6]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
    [15:18:17 COM6]:System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
    in XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.SerialPortDevice.SaharaDownloadProgrammer(Int32 programmertype)
    in XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.SerialPortDevice.XiaomiFlash() in XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.SerialPortDevice.SaharaDownloadProgrammer(Int32 programmertype)
    in XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.SerialPortDevice.XiaomiFlash()
    [15:18:17 COM6]:no provision exit:COM6
    [15:18:17 COM6]:flashSuccess False
    [15:18:17 COM6]:isFactory False CheckCPUID False
    [15:18:18 COM6]:before:flashSuccess is False set IsUpdate:True set IsDone True
    [15:18:18 COM6]:after:flashSuccess is False set IsUpdate:false set IsDone true
    Hi everyone...

Two days ago my Note 6 Pro woke up the same and after doing everything described above and even being able to successfully flash via EDL,
    it remains the same and without changes.

I explain...

It turns on and stays in the MI logo, when trying to enter the recovery it stays in the TWRP home screen and only allows to enter the FASTBOOT that is unlocked but when trying to flash from MiFlash it gives an error as when I try directly from. bat file so I decided to try for EDL and it threw the xml error (resdump: <? xmlversion = "1.0" .........), I did some research and it turns out due to "prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf" and "prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_lite.elf" in "images folder" to firmware uncompress files, and I replaced them with others that allowed the flash to continue and finish successfully, but to my surprise, when restarting the device, everything continued without any change...

Until this moment I do not find any information that can help with this unfortunately.

I just hope that some of the "Great GURUS" in the forum can help and provide some solution... If it exists. :confused: