Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked

Search This thread

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Ok, here is step by step.

My friend gave me Chinese note 8 pro, and asked to make it global. I unlocked it, everything was OK. Tried to flash it, like dozens of xiaomi before, and got a brick on my hands.

Fastboot was dead. Phone was dead to. Led light was working when connected to PC tho. Heres what I did: ...

Ok, I need some explanations here! When I connect the phone with USB to the PC the led turns on. Then if I press pwr + vol+ I can hear windows detecting the phone and the sound of disconnecting after 5 seconds. Phone is not connected with regular Mi Flash.

When I press MTK flash, SP Flash tool opens. I then select the scatter file from the downloaded rom folder and I am stuck on processing. I dont have the phone connected right now, while it is "processing".

Also, did you use an authentication file?
What am I missing? :(

Edit
I found an authentication file. The "processing" of the scatter file succeeds after a long time (one needs to be patient here). I press "Download" and then I connect the phone. The led turns on.
-If I press pwr + vol- the led changes but the PC doesn't "feel" anything.
-If I press pwr + vol+ the PC detects the phone. But I get: "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL" on SP Flash Tool.

Attachments

• processing.jpg
    processing.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,510
  • error.png
    error.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,498
Last edited:
Reactions: ringxxx

Einharr

Oct 28, 2019
Ok, I need some explanations here! When I connect the phone with USB to the PC the led turns on. Then if I press pwr + vol+ I can hear windows detecting the phone and the sound of disconnecting after 5 seconds. Phone is not connected with regular Mi Flash.

When I press MTK flash, SP Flash tool opens. I then select the scatter file from the downloaded rom folder and I am stuck on processing. I dont have the phone connected right now, while it is "processing".

Also, did you use an authentication file?
What am I missing? :(

Edit
I found an authentication file. The "processing" of the scatter file succeeds after a long time (one needs to be patient here). I press "Download" and then I connect the phone. The led turns on.
-If I press pwr + vol- the led changes but the PC doesn't "feel" anything.
-If I press pwr + vol+ the PC detects the phone. But I get: "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL" on SP Flash Tool.

Hm. That's not it. I'll get to PC and post screens.

Reactions: polfrank

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012

Maybe you mean MiFlash?

Edit:

Ok, I got it, you mean the tab that is called Flash PRO, but in this mode the phone has to be in either recovery or fastboot mode in order to be detected. And my phone cannot get in either of them...

Attachments

• miflash.png
    miflash.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • miflashpro.png
    miflashpro.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
You can now authorize your account. Recently on Mi Community, we got thread and explanations about MI authorization account.
W
There is explanations how to do it.
Try that.. or anyone who needs Authorized Account

Ok, let's say that we have an authorised account. How to connect the phone to the PC so that it can be seen propperly by MiFlash?
Which drivers to use? What is the button combination to connect it in download mode? Do we need to disconnect the battery before trying flashing in download mode?

Last edited:
Reactions: valdemar96577

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Someone proposed these two pins as the test point pins. I have just tried them right now and it didn't work. I don't know if I am missing something though... :/

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-02_14-54-02.jpg
    photo_2019-11-02_14-54-02.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 715

ringtmd

Nov 2, 2019
even with the files you wont be able to flash it,i found an auth file in the forums but it didnt work [everytime you try to flash it ,it will drop an brom cmd fail error witch is supposed to be that the device started to try power on and got interrupted (but on the store they said thats probably because the auth is wrong) ] anyhow...

i've send it to a store for checkup i dont know if they will be able to fix it
in case i learn something ill post it here.. if anyone has experience on the subject please enlighten us

is it fixed?

Michiel0912

Apr 27, 2012
I also died totally dead bro, it's also only when connected to the PC still detected bro, like entering EDL mode, bro, I already got the application to flash, just lacking files, so it can't be flashed bro

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

it seems to go into edl mode bro and you can flash it using the SP FLASH TOOL application bro specifically for mediatek bro but lacking material in file authentication has only reno 8 pro bro because I've tried the application bro there are only files that I don't mean so that's why the flashing failed Bro, I'm now looking for a developer to create the file, bro

You seem to have a "BRO" blem.

Reactions: polfrank

rizki1502

Mar 31, 2016
unlock bootloader step when on only recovery mode

I tried flashing global rom with locking bootloader option but now Im stuck on recovery with "This miui cant be installed on this device" or something like that? What can I do now? Im trying to flash some chinese version with mi flash pro but everytime it says I can't "downgrade".

EDIT: I fixed It by going into fastboot and unlocking bootloader again. I thought I cant go to fastboot because It didnt work but actually to get into that mode you need to press reboot on recovery and after that start holding vol - and power. This way I got into fastboot and the rest was easy.

how can i unlock bootloader again when i stuck on stock recovery mode??

zbyslove

Jun 6, 2010
Warsaw
One thing worked for me.. miflash on.. and while everything seemed hopeless.. I pressed volume down (only) and plugged bricked phone via cable to my pc.. refreshed miflash and it discovered my phone even though the screen was black.. I KEPT MY FINGER ON VOLUME DOWN THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS!!! I waited 300sec + and "success" on a green bar popped out.. hope it will help.. don't lose hope!!

Reactions: danyv77

mek32

Jan 13, 2014
One thing worked for me.. miflash on.. and while everything seemed hopeless.. I pressed volume down (only) and plugged bricked phone via cable to my pc.. refreshed miflash and it discovered my phone even though the screen was black.. I KEPT MY FINGER ON VOLUME DOWN THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS!!! I waited 300sec + and "success" on a green bar popped out.. hope it will help.. don't lose hope!!

which rom you flashed? could you put the link? thx

EDIT: SOLVED!!!!! Only disconnect the battery and and phone become alive in fastboot mode.

Last edited:

mek32

Jan 13, 2014
which rom you flashed? could you put the link? thx

EDIT: SOLVED!!!!! Only disconnect the battery and and phone become alive in fastboot mode.

EDIT 2
no way to flash the rom.
i solved it by flashing one by one all the images in fastboot mode. To enter in fasboot mode i had to disconnect the battery, wait 10 seconds, connect the battery, press and hold power button and volume - and there where 2 vibrations, the sencond is longer and then, the pc recognized the phone in fastboot mode.
hope to help you.
P.D I had a briked global Rn8 Pro whith no recovery and no fastboot. Tried all, mi flash, sp flash tools, diferent roms (global,EEA and RU) , and always had a flashing error.

white_3n

Jan 21, 2013

Hi can you help by posting som screenshots about what you did? That's a great help for us

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

May I know the status of your phone is totally bricked with no fastboot, no recovery, only led light while plugging to PC right? Is your battery completely drained out when you last tried?

zbyslove

Jun 6, 2010
Warsaw
It was totally bricked. The symptoms were exactly as you described them. Now upgraded to MIUI 11.. I wonder if there is root for that.. my Google Pay doesn't work.

Firas.hilal

May 2, 2016
I got my note 8 dead system is destroyed n fixed it

Hi guys
I rooted the device and then tried to install th 11 miui update
Got bootloop then i get it worse with system has been destroyed
Best regards to Craxoid for his videos
youtu.be/yBK-duw43BQ[/url]
Sorry it's my first post
Search fo unbrick dead bricked phones on YouTube
Hope this will help all my fellows 8 pro users

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

+ one bricked here, file auth problem with SP flashtool, but i think we have to disconnect the battery....
??☹️

Hi
I think u need to reunlock with miunlock tool again on fastboot mode
It worked with me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, bricked my phone 6 days ago, i accidentally flashed the twrp as boot and got bricked, nobody can fix this for now and for near future) my recommendation is to get phone back where u bought it and get refund and thats what i did today and already got full refund from AliExpress)

pnS8Yct.jpg

he broke the phone himself and you want to give it back, thief
    even with the files you wont be able to flash it,i found an auth file in the forums but it didnt work [everytime you try to flash it ,it will drop an brom cmd fail error witch is supposed to be that the device started to try power on and got interrupted (but on the store they said thats probably because the auth is wrong) ] anyhow...

i've send it to a store for checkup i dont know if they will be able to fix it
    in case i learn something ill post it here.. if anyone has experience on the subject please enlighten us
    after trying to flash a recovery file i got it bricked
    anyone knows what to do now ?
    only the led shows up when im plug it in
    sp tool doesnt want to work :( if someone can help pls
    Bootloop fix

It happened to me when trying to flash twrp and magisk. Twrp was ok, but magisk bricked it. I entered fastboot and reflashed stock boot.img (this seemed to fix the problem), stock recovery.img and system.img - I got the image files from the internet somewhere, I just had to extract them from the zip with the CN ROM. Good luck!
    BOOTloop fastboot fail rec fail, mtk flash cmd error auth file not authorised, how to fix it .55555555555555555