Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked

Search This thread

Firas.hilal

May 2, 2016
+ one bricked here, file auth problem with SP flashtool, but i think we have to disconnect the battery....
??☹️

There is a batch file to recharge the battery
Type this in a txt file

@Echo off
:start
fastboot getvar battery-voltage
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping /n 6 localhost >nul
go to start
And then make it a .bat
Plug the phone and when in fastboot
Run the file. I think u need an adb in the same folder not sure
I waited 3 hours until battery level is 3870

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2016
EDIT 2
no way to flash the rom.
i solved it by flashing one by one all the images in fastboot mode. To enter in fasboot mode i had to disconnect the battery, wait 10 seconds, connect the battery, press and hold power button and volume - and there where 2 vibrations, the sencond is longer and then, the pc recognized the phone in fastboot mode.
hope to help you.
P.D I had a briked global Rn8 Pro whith no recovery and no fastboot. Tried all, mi flash, sp flash tools, diferent roms (global,EEA and RU) , and always had a flashing error.

disassembled back cover??

pnkjxda

Dec 3, 2019
Boot Img Patch

Hi can you help me with your case, I saw such issue occur when I was kinda dealing with redmi note 3 back old days.I wasn't able to use fastboot but luckily got a boot img patch file something on the forum that helped me out fix the problem

ionelis

May 2, 2015
I tried flashing global rom with locking bootloader option but now Im stuck on recovery with "This miui cant be installed on this device" or something like that? What can I do now? Im trying to flash some chinese version with mi flash pro but everytime it says I can't "downgrade".

EDIT: I fixed It by going into fastboot and unlocking bootloader again. I thought I cant go to fastboot because It didnt work but actually to get into that mode you need to press reboot on recovery and after that start holding vol - and power. This way I got into fastboot and the rest was easy.

Thanks a lot for posting your solution. It helped me unbrick my Redmi note 8 pro. I was in exactly same situation as you.

yeesuzcries

Sep 14, 2017
Thank you. I hope it will work with others

Ok, here is step by step.

My friend gave me Chinese note 8 pro, and asked to make it global. I unlocked it, everything was OK. Tried to flash it, like dozens of xiaomi before, and got a brick on my hands.

Fastboot was dead. Phone was dead to. Led light was working when connected to PC tho. Heres what I did:

0) Read all the threads about dead note 8 pros, cried a bit, and gave old blackshark 1 to my friend as substitute.

1)Found link in this thread, on page 3, on miflash pro with black icon, installed it.

2) Downloaded firmware. begonia_ru_global_images_V10.4.2.0.PGGRUXM_20190912.0000.00_9.0_global_a6503d72eb

3) Found out that if you press volume and power buttons, PC finds phone.

3.1) you can check if phone connected with regular miflash. Start and press refresh button.

4) started miflash pro, chose note 8 pro from the list. Clicked on MTK flash in the toolbar.

5) Chose downloaded firmware, flash all, and pressed flash button. In 5 minutes it resurrected.

6) Took my blackshark 1 back, from friend.

If this will work for you - please report here.

Actually it worked for me. I was losing hope after my usb port malfunctioned and disrupted fastboot mode while downgrading to MIUI 10 (btw I was on androidn 10 global eea before my device kinda brick) What I mean is my device got stucked for a long time in fastboot mode while it says ok in the screen because my usb port malfunctioned so I decided to reboot my device and see what happens then its just vibrating nothing flashes on my screen its just vibrating and my led notif is also working but other than that everything is not working including fastboot mode and recovery mode. I was about to send my device to a local technician but damn it was expensive the technician is charging me 3,000 philippine pesos ($60) to repair so I was desperate. I tried sp flash tool but it didnt work I need an authorized account and I saw this post. I tried it right away using miflash pro and it worked just fine it just took me under 15 minutes until its finish . I wanna say thank you for this method. It saved me a lot of money today. Money is tight I gotta say

killerlearner

May 4, 2020
You can now authorize your account. Recently on Mi Community, we got thread and explanations about MI authorization account.
W
There is explanations how to do it.
Try that.. or anyone who needs Authorized Account

can you please thread link because I want authorise account for fix my hard brick redmi note 8 pro. Please give link of mi community thread.

majidmjmn

Dec 23, 2019
Flash without mi auth

after trying to flash a recovery file i got it bricked
anyone knows what to do now ?
only the led shows up when im plug it in
sp tool doesnt want to work :( if someone can help pls
use the method that mentined in this site bellow
Just type how to flash redmi note 8 pro without authorized accound in google and clike on link proveded by romprovider..(link was deleted by xda so i coulden't share it)
Use it and let me know if it works for you...

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

even with the files you wont be able to flash it,i found an auth file in the forums but it didnt work [everytime you try to flash it ,it will drop an brom cmd fail error witch is supposed to be that the device started to try power on and got interrupted (but on the store they said thats probably because the auth is wrong) ] anyhow...

i've send it to a store for checkup i dont know if they will be able to fix it
in case i learn something ill post it here.. if anyone has experience on the subject please enlighten us

Just type how to flash redmi note 8 pro without authorized accound in google and clike on link proveded by romprovider..(link was deleted by xda so i coulden't share it)

killerlearner

May 4, 2020

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Is it work for anyone??

syelka

Apr 2, 2020

Well, i have bricked my rn8p twice for now. I let the battery drain completely (this can take a whole week as it did for me, but you can also take out the back glass and the battery. But i don't recommend it as you lose the warranty.). Next step, install MiFlash Pro. Go to MTK Flash and select DA, scatter, and auth file. There is a GDrive link with my files i used. After when you selected the files, connect your phone and hold volume down until it starts. When it finishes, you should get a message. Hope it helps you, it worked for me. Don't forget, you need a completely drained battery to make it work. You can find the scatter file (MT6785_Android_scatter.txt) in images folder after you extracted the folder.
Link: drive.google.com/open?id=17rVK2LqYteQUF9dhWhK1BbER9cUNkVYT

bcrbfaycel

May 19, 2020
Well, i have bricked my rn8p twice for now. I let the battery drain completely (this can take a whole week as it did for me, but you can also take out the back glass and the battery. But i don't recommend it as you lose the warranty.). Next step, install MiFlash Pro. Go to MTK Flash and select DA, scatter, and auth file. There is a GDrive link with my files i used. After when you selected the files, connect your phone and hold volume down until it starts. When it finishes, you should get a message. Hope it helps you, it worked for me. Don't forget, you need a completely drained battery to make it work. You can find the scatter file (MT6785_Android_scatter.txt) in images folder after you extracted the folder.
Link: drive.google.com/open?id=17rVK2LqYteQUF9dhWhK1BbER9cUNkVYT
yes i followed all of you steps, but at the end its asks me for an authorized account. please give me more details: windows version, your country may be i will need a vpn

xoom2020

May 24, 2020
gentlemen! so how to flash this phone spflash tool,? has a dead phone . fastboot is defined.the loader is blocked . miflash does not flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, bricked my phone 6 days ago, i accidentally flashed the twrp as boot and got bricked, nobody can fix this for now and for near future) my recommendation is to get phone back where u bought it and get refund and thats what i did today and already got full refund from AliExpress)

pnS8Yct.jpg

he broke the phone himself and you want to give it back, thief
    even with the files you wont be able to flash it,i found an auth file in the forums but it didnt work [everytime you try to flash it ,it will drop an brom cmd fail error witch is supposed to be that the device started to try power on and got interrupted (but on the store they said thats probably because the auth is wrong) ] anyhow...

i've send it to a store for checkup i dont know if they will be able to fix it
    in case i learn something ill post it here.. if anyone has experience on the subject please enlighten us
    Bootloop fix

It happened to me when trying to flash twrp and magisk. Twrp was ok, but magisk bricked it. I entered fastboot and reflashed stock boot.img (this seemed to fix the problem), stock recovery.img and system.img - I got the image files from the internet somewhere, I just had to extract them from the zip with the CN ROM. Good luck!
    BOOTloop fastboot fail rec fail, mtk flash cmd error auth file not authorised, how to fix it .55555555555555555