Redmi note 8 pro development.

Search This thread

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
Your definition of unbelieveable is unbelievable :)

Released with Android 5.0 and runs Lineage 15.1 (Android 8.1)...not that bad for an unknown device with low sales. Most probably aren't used now or even are out of order.
You've got Jiayu S3 from Android 4.4 to 8.1 too
And you can find more

As I said devices with low sales...
And with a soc hated by part of community...
...this part often never try one. For exemple, the mt6752 in the Lenovo was far far far better than his competitor (SD615)

Always asking me why community supports and protect that much Qualcomm when this company was condamned all around the world...

This device need good sales...as it is an huge update compare to 7 Pro (officially unavailable in Europe and when 8 is a tiny update compare to 7), it deserves
And as sources are here, it need developpers support too...
Otherwise, they will give monopoly to a company known for abusing of it (courthouses decisions in China, South Korea, Taiwan, European Union, district of California...)
...a fake freedom!

No matter if it gets devs support, if it alllows B28 band, I will probably get one...

Reactions: realista87

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
You can try using begonia dt there's some dt on github i guess:laugh:
Nope, it's not there. Even though, we can extract it from an exiting kernel image.

What should we do so Xiaomi publish full sources ?
It's not particularly xiaomi's fault, It's MediaTek's fault. They're the ones who're responsible for writing the drivers and glue everything together to get a working kernel for the phone. In addition to writing HAL libraries, which are needed to get the sensors working.
Historically, it's proven that MediaTek doesn't give a **** about either releasing the kernel or the source code for HAL libraries. So all we can do for now is to wait and see.

I can give it a try and build the kernel, but I'll need testers to test it as I still didn't buy the phone.
BTW, what is the name of the telegram group related to this device?

Reactions: polfrank

Top Liked Posts