Redmi note 8 pro global rom?

Search This thread

Dr4In

Sep 1, 2012
Did anyone succeed to install Global Rom while having CN version? The global rom is older version of CN and there is a anti rollback protection issue

rrk

Oct 1, 2006
Varna
how did you installed global rom trough fastboot. My bootloader is unlocked, but i cannot flash, i am in a bootloop now, pls help

Generaljan

Apr 10, 2015
Yes, I had CN rom version 10.4.10.

Unlocked bootloader.

Installed Global rom version 10.4.1 through fastboot.

No problems with ARM. No problems at all.

What are the diferences between Global ROM and China ROM, and what about Indian one?
China has already Miui 11 nad India shoud have also, but das it work on our global EU models?
Thank you.

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
What are the diferences between Global ROM and China ROM, and what about Indian one?
China has already Miui 11 nad India shoud have also, but das it work on our global EU models?
Thank you.

China rom is the first one to get OTA updates. However, it is full of Chinese bloatware and it does not contain Google apps by default (no Play Store - it can be installed manually). Also, the system languages are different, mostly Chinese and Asian ones. There is English, but I think no other languages of the rest of the world.

The Indian rom is like the global one with the difference that it has the xiaomi dialer/contacts apps instead of the Google contacts and dialer. I don't know if there are other differences though. It may also not support NFC, not sure about that though.

Morphine1

Sep 23, 2014
Andalusia.
calm down guys. Some of you cannot boot into system; although you unlocked your bootloader previously, you might no be ticking the correct option in MiFlash, !!!AVOID CLEAN AND LOCK!!!!! Xiaomi does not allow booting global roms on Chinese locked devices now. So just make sure you're not locking your bootloader accidentally before flashing the rom.

Having your bootloader unlocked will prevent you from a lot of headaches, if you got the CN version.

Tomorrow it will expire the countdown for bootloader unlock... Redmi note 8 Chinese version, hopefully all goes well.
Xiaomi has been implementing a lot of security through the past years, deep flash cable doesnt work anymore and Chinese devices are a pain to flash now. Not to mention the need of an authorized ID in order to flash locked devices... Seriously do not buy Chinese versions, they're not worth anymore. I am gonna help someone who bought a CN version by mistake.

Last edited:

Alsamawixp

Jan 18, 2014
I have Redmi note 8 pro CN version
I changed the rom from CN to global but I get many problems :( >>:
1- I can't receive SMS message when message app is opening.
2- GPS is not working perfectly as previously .
3- Wi-FI takes time to find other Wi-Fi networks also you must press refresh to find Wi-Fi networks.
4- sometime, 4G not working .

xiahoudun2

Nov 21, 2019
I have changed china rom to global rom, all work fine now except the device uncertified by play store, so cannot use google pay and ufc.

DannyOo7

Nov 25, 2019
I have Redmi note 8 pro CN version
I changed the rom from CN to global but I get many problems :( >>:
1- I can't receive SMS message when message app is opening.
2- GPS is not working perfectly as previously .
3- Wi-FI takes time to find other Wi-Fi networks also you must press refresh to find Wi-Fi networks.
4- sometime, 4G not working .

Try Redmi Note 8 Pro Europe Stable Version.
My note 8 pro had automatic restart issue after installing Global version, but it works fine with the Europe Stable Version.

charlesshsee_happy

Sep 9, 2019
How to flash the MTK N8pro?

Hello ! I wander did you flashed the grobal version successsfully?
I used to flash my xiaomi 6x via twrp successfully ,but i heard that Xiaomi EU will no longer support our N8pro Rom.
So we have only the grobal version ? Is it MIUI11.ver?
And i dont know how to install the twrp(i got an unoffical version) on my n8pro?
It seems that the only way is SP flash?Or i can use another method like fastboot still work?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Try Redmi Note 8 Pro Europe Stable Version.
My note 8 pro had automatic restart issue after installing Global version, but it works fine with the Europe Stable Version.

Hello , can you share the EU version rom?
I can't find it in EU community.
They said they no longer provide the Miui 11 EU version for n8pro.

DannyOo7

Nov 25, 2019
Hello ! I wander did you flashed the grobal version successsfully?
I used to flash my xiaomi 6x via twrp successfully ,but i heard that Xiaomi EU will no longer support our N8pro Rom.
So we have only the grobal version ? Is it MIUI11.ver?
And i dont know how to install the twrp(i got an unoffical version) on my n8pro?
It seems that the only way is SP flash?Or i can use another method like fastboot still work?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Hello , can you share the EU version rom?
I can't find it in EU community.
They said they no longer provide the Miui 11 EU version for n8pro.

Hi, finally found the reason of the automatic restarting. It's same as the pixel 2 xl restart issue. Reboots are related to the modem, which is possibly causing kernel panic when in LTE mode and the LTE signal is weak. For more detials, please searche "Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are randomly rebooting for some while on LTE, likely due to kernel panic from modem" on google.
The Global and EU rom all work fine. But for my 8 pro, Eu version got less restart than global version. I changed the Mobile Network and change Preferred network type to only use 3G, so far NO MORE REBOOTS.

Sorry, I can't post url, please remove the blank from below URL to get the rom, and do fastboot flash
c. mi. com/ oc / miuidownload / detail?guide=2

The ROM is v10, can ota to v11

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts