Redmi note 8 pro. How to return to latest MIUI with Root?

Search This thread
May 24, 2022
Hello!

I have a redmi note 8 pro, and I installed a few different customs roms on it to test them out. Unfortunately, while they all have their perks and advantages there are a few things that I did not like about them, such as battery drain, camera issues, and uncontrollable internet usage.

Due to this I would like to return to the Official Miui version, but I want to retain root options so I can still play around with the phone.

Can anyone please help me on the steps on how to actually do this, since I'm fairly new to custom roms. Yhey are easy to install, you get instructions, wipe this, wipe that, flash this then that and you are done! However, I did not manage to find any instructions on how to get back to MIUI with root without the worry of messing things up.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I have a redmi note 8 pro, and I installed a few different customs roms on it to test them out. Unfortunately, while they all have their perks and advantages there are a few things that I did not like about them, such as battery drain, camera issues, and uncontrollable internet usage.

Due to this I would like to return to the Official Miui version, but I want to retain root options so I can still play around with the phone.

Can anyone please help me on the steps on how to actually do this, since I'm fairly new to custom roms. Yhey are easy to install, you get instructions, wipe this, wipe that, flash this then that and you are done! However, I did not manage to find any instructions on how to get back to MIUI with root without the worry of messing things up.

Thanks in advance!
You cannot return to Miui without losing root.
Unroot the phone
Use this tool, to flash (do not re-lock the bootloader).
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/flash-tool-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/
Root .

May 24, 2022
Thanks for the answer.

I managed to get back to MIUI and root it again, however, I didn't like it since the gestures arent working with non stock launchers, so I ended up going to Pixel Experience (12) to see how it will work.

Top Liked Posts