Redmi note 9,GCAM dedicated

Search This thread

Mineplayerminer

Dec 12, 2021
Redmi Note 9
Doesn't work on mine... Every step is done, but it opens seems to work fine, but then I want to switch the mode or press on record. Boom, hung up! Could it be, because the Redmi Note 9 has a MediaTek Chip and not a Snapdragon chip? I've heard, that the MediaTek chips are more problematic than the Snapdragon one's. Because Xiaomi.eu-ROM doesn't work aswell, because it's MediaTek. But I don't know...
I got a Redmi Note 9 a year ago in January. I was so disappointed about the MediaTek chipset and its limitations. No 60 fps video recording (real bottle-neck), 0% custom recovery/ROM support, and a waste of time unlocking the bootloader. I had to even send the phone to the service as it got bricked while updating from the MIUI 12.0.5 to 12.0.9. And of course, I didn't have anything backed up (including my 70GBs of photos and videos from my summer vacation). I'm even afraid that I won't sell the phone as it is "old". I heard that it should get the Android 12 and MIUI 13, but I highly doubt it. The whole phone was just a HUGE failure as a starter or a Redmi Note 9 series. I would say the 9S is just a downgrade of some features, but with a Qualcomm chipset at least. The Pro, the best of the best. Even if the battery is a bit smaller, it has to drain much slower if the phone is running on a custom ROM. No MIUI 💩 running in the background. And the smoothness..... 👌👌👌

SymtaxError

Sep 13, 2020
Redmi Note 9
Im gonna try out the Wyroczen 7.3.018 Apk with his buffer fix and ill update yall on how it is
Edit: it just crashes
Edit 2: Wichaya crashes too which it has never before, I figured out it was the buffer fix fault, uninstalled it, reinstalled wichaya and it works, gonna try wyroczen again without the fix now
Edit 3: Nope, still crashes, stick to wichaya (or whichever you like)

Last edited:

SymtaxError

Sep 13, 2020
Redmi Note 9

SymtaxError

Sep 13, 2020
Redmi Note 9
I got a made a config to correctly display the lenses for Wichaya V1.5 - GCam 8.1
the labels are 0.6x for ultrawide, 1x for the main sensor, and Mac for macro, you can change these in settings>auxillary camera>auxillary labels or something along those lines
anyway heres the config

Attachments

• RN9.xml
    12.5 KB · Views: 258

Risalat1891

Sep 3, 2022
Why does it shows 404 Error?Why can't I download the file?Is there anyone who can provide me the right link?

Risalat1891

Sep 3, 2022

Mineplayerminer

Dec 12, 2021
Redmi Note 9
Hello. Are there any new versions available for the Redmi Note 9? The dev-bsg partially works, except for the slow-motion, sphere (it just freezes after the first frame) and the buffer seems to not empty properly as I have like 200 empty files with 0B.

Chemazapan

Jan 12, 2023
The dev-bsg partially works, except for the slow-motion, sphere (it just freezes after the first frame) and the buffer seems to not empty properly as I have like 200 empty files
Which version? I just installed MGC_8.7.250_A11_V4 (BSG, 2023-01-05), and sphere works without changing config; however, I could only switch lenses once (now 0.4, 0.8 and 1.1 show black), panoramas are squeezed, cinematographic anims don't work. Still, an improvement for me: I was still using 6.1, which is damn sluggish, 'cause 7.4 and 8.1 would regularly crash or freeze the preview image.

Mineplayerminer

Dec 12, 2021
Redmi Note 9
Which version? I just installed MGC_8.7.250_A11_V4 (BSG, 2023-01-05), and sphere works without changing config; however, I could only switch lenses once (now 0.4, 0.8 and 1.1 show black), panoramas are squeezed, cinematographic anims don't work. Still, an improvement for me: I was still using 6.1, which is damn sluggish, 'cause 7.4 and 8.1 would regularly crash or freeze the preview image.
It just freezes after taking the first frame. I'm already using the buffer fix module. It worked fine on the MIUI, but it doesn't on Project Elixir 3.4 for some reason.

Top Liked Posts