Redmi note 9 (Merlin): How to Downgrade from Android 12 ( MIUI 13.0.1) to android 10

Search This thread

uzodigwe

Dec 7, 2022
Please how do I flash/downgrade my Redmi note 9(3/64gb) Merlin to android 10 (maybe to MIUI 12.0.4 or 12.0.6). I'm already on Android 12 MIUI 13.0.1.

My phone hangs alot, apps force closes after minimizing. Please help me out. What do I do and how do I go about it?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Did you try to allow apps to keeps open on developer settings?

If you really want to downgrade, so:
First, backup data.
Then, just flash MIUI version you want.
If the device got bootloop, just format data.

uzodigwe

Dec 7, 2022
Did you try to allow apps to keeps open on developer settings?

If you really want to downgrade, so:
First, backup data.
Then, just flash MIUI version you want.
If the device got bootloop, just format data.

Please what's the procedure to flash MIUI, I have not flashed any Redmi device before. I'm new to flashing of phones or if you can refer me to a thread

joseac

Nov 30, 2008
Did you try to do a factory reset? Most of the time, when you change the version of MIUI, if it is not done, it slows down and gives errors as it happens to you.

uzodigwe

Dec 7, 2022
Did you try to do a factory reset? Most of the time, when you change the version of MIUI, if it is not done, it slows down and gives errors as it happens to you.

Please can you refer me to a post/thread where i can get step by step procedures of flashing it. I'm new to flashing MIUI devices.

uzodigwe

Dec 7, 2022
I flashed custom recovery on my note 9 Merlin and downgraded to 11.0.4 (A10) from 13.0.1 (a12), now I'm getting OTA update of 12.0.8, can I install the update with custom recovery and unlocked bootloader?

Note: I want to install another version of MIUI on Android 10 because my proximity sensor started having issues after the downgrade.