redmi note 9 pro HARDBRICK!!!

Search This thread

twistyplain

Nov 21, 2011
Nairobi
Thanks guys i found this thread very helpful, I have the same problem i had bricked my REDMI NOTE 9 which i need you to help me identify the Test point,
The phone is in boot re loop and can not go into fast boot mode or recovery,My MI account is active and all my credentials are working but when i log on the
connection seems to be the problem,it connects and disconnects,My phone is note 9 Global version 12.0.3.0 with MTK 6768 Chip.May the experts orient me
on how i may go about to revive this Phone. Please show me the test points on this phone and the procedure , i have read that it requires battery terminal disconnected
This is a redmi note 9 pro thread. You're unlikely to get help for your mediatek redmi note 9.

ismail8t5

Dec 15, 2020
I was trying to flash the xiaomi.eu rom using twrp..flashing was successful but end up of terrible bootloop..never face it before..it just blinking from redmi logo & fastboot logo if i try to power it up..
Cannot boot into recovery mode neither fastboot mode ..
Only edl mode..but failed flashing using miflash since it asking for [email protected] authorized mi account.
Also failed flashing using QPST.."fhloader process failed" came out..
Someone please help me out
Dear, did you unbrick your Redmi Note 9 Pro? If not the I will try it remotely via teamviewer for free.

mutulica13

Jul 28, 2013
I have the same problem . Flashed curtana rom on joyeuse phone .Why this is happening with rn9 pro ? I flashed rmn 7 and mi max 3 with wrong rom and soft brocked them . I bring both of them to life very easy . Why RN9 PRO phone gets hard bicked so easy ?

getsuga92

Nov 15, 2016
I have the same problem . Flashed curtana rom on joyeuse phone .Why this is happening with rn9 pro ? I flashed rmn 7 and mi max 3 with wrong rom and soft brocked them . I bring both of them to life very easy . Why RN9 PRO phone gets hard bicked so easy ?
Xiaomi has implemented new policy on all their device starting 2018 if i'm not wrong, they locked the edl so that we can't repair it by ourselves then we had to bring it to the authorized mi center to bring it alive & of course must include payment if the device does not have warranty..
All of this is about business/money matter & it's suck..go to hell with their product..
I will never ever buy their product anymore

Reactions: domcars0

Sh1r06

Feb 21, 2021
Xiaomi has implemented new policy on all their device starting 2018 if i'm not wrong, they locked the edl so that we can't repair it by ourselves then we had to bring it to the authorized mi center to bring it alive & of course must include payment if the device does not have warranty..
All of this is about business/money matter & it's suck..go to hell with their product..
were you able to solve this problem ??

Sh1r06

Feb 21, 2021
i have the same problem, i found a guy who sells it with a lot of positive reviews, the only problem is he asks for 29 $ and i don't have pay pal to pay for it

Sh1r06

Feb 21, 2021
the problem is that i used my main phone so i have been without phone for a while and this situation is very sad and also pisses off at the same time

Lethien

• Apr 6, 2013
    Paris
    I've bricked this ****ing xiaomi 9 note pro too. And I told them it was my fault. I would like to send it back and pretend that the phone isn't booting anymore. I'll do that I think cuz same as you, he's taking dust and it was brand new. **** this **** I'm already tired

a7md_j3fr

Nov 24, 2020
    I've bricked this ****ing xiaomi 9 note pro too. And I told them it was my fault. I would like to send it back and pretend that the phone isn't booting anymore. I'll do that I think cuz same as you, he's taking dust and it was brand new. **** this **** I'm already tired
    +1:)

a7md_j3fr

Nov 24, 2020
    Nope.. the phone still covered with dust
    Maybe you can check this out

With this

PATCHED FIREHOSE FILE​

I am tired of trying to fix my device try this If this works Please let me know

getsuga92

Nov 15, 2016
    For my part it's unbricked now. Here is how I solved this problem:

it's a paid service..doesn't solve the issue for long term..it's just for immediate solution..sigh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      You know guys, with all these reports of soft brick/hard bricking/account authorization etc, it's really put me off flashing any new custom ROM at the moment until there's a solid step by step tutorial that we can all follow that points out what to do and outline what not to do.
      I really feel the pain for those of you having these issues and hope you get your phones recovered ASAP.
      It just seems too high risk for me to trash a brand new (albeit bug ridden) phone.
      Same here. I thought I was getting a good deal on the hardware and honestly you get a lot of bang for your buck if you can just use it as-is. Unfortunately MIUI is just not for me and I'm a tinkerer at heart so I can't just leave things alone. So now I've got a hard bricked RN8Pro AND RN9Pro. That's around $500 down the drain.

I refuse to buy a phone that doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack, SD slot, and root access available. It's getting harder and harder to fimd a device that meets those requirements and I thought Xiaomi was the answer but with the way they lock things down to "authorized accounts" it's back to the drawing board unless they change their practices. It's a shame really.

I'll keep these phones for a bit just in case a solution becomes available though I'm not holding my breath. If not I'll probably end up seeing if anyone around here wants them for anything. I couldn't see myself using them as a daily driver at this point anyway.
      Exchange the device with Motorola one fusion+, for root and ROM support.
      Not yet fix because of the mi authentication thing..that is only the problem now..i know that there are people can solve it that i heard from russian forum and have to pay for them but i don't want to pay anything for this dumb problem
      Does note 9 pro support mmcblk0 file method? Can someone check if it available in device.

Here is the procedure to check:-

1) Open a terminal in your linux.
      2) adb devices (This step assumes that adb and fastboot are in linux system path)
      3) adb shell
      4) su -
      5) You are in root shell now.
      6) cat /proc/partitions.
      7) check if mmcblk0 partition available

If the partitions is available, let me know. I know a method to unbrick the device.
      I managed to get into EDL mode but am having the authentication problem. Any way to get around that using QFIL?

To answer my own question in case anyone else is going down the same path... I've tried QFIL and a handful of other tools and methods with no luck. Anything I've tried to throw at it has given some sort of error that basically amounts to "you can't flash anything without authentication". It's built into the chip.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone