Redmi Note 9S (Curtana, Global?) not fixable boot loop

Search This thread

tomekk228

Jun 24, 2020
Hey Guys,

i have the Redmi 9S Curtana Smartphone. Buyed in Germany. So i dont know if i have Global or Europe Version.

Modelnumber on the Backside: M2003J6A1G

I had Lineageos 18.1 official installed with Lineageos 18.1 Recovery along with it.

Today i decided to install MIUI again.

Used Miflash Tool and curtana_global_images_V12.5.4.0.RJWMIXM_20220211.0000.00_11.0_global_c3215d4c09.tgz

And now i have a Bootloop that i cant fix. (it shows "Redmi powered by android", vibrates, and then restarts)

Even if i reinstall lineageos recovery and then lineageos self, boot loop still persists...

Tried XiaoMiTool V2 too. Tried other recoverys and ROMs. No single one works any more.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hey Guys,

i have the Redmi 9S Curtana Smartphone. Buyed in Germany. So i dont know if i have Global or Europe Version.

Modelnumber on the Backside: M2003J6A1G

I had Lineageos 18.1 official installed with Lineageos 18.1 Recovery along with it.

Today i decided to install MIUI again.

Used Miflash Tool and curtana_global_images_V12.5.4.0.RJWMIXM_20220211.0000.00_11.0_global_c3215d4c09.tgz

And now i have a Bootloop that i cant fix. (it shows "Redmi powered by android", vibrates, and then restarts)

Even if i reinstall lineageos recovery and then lineageos self, boot loop still persists...

Tried XiaoMiTool V2 too. Tried other recoverys and ROMs. No single one works any more.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks.
IDK if you already did it, you should use format data.

Try with other ROM version

tomekk228

Jun 24, 2020
Ok, tried now to Flash curtana_global_images_V11.0.3.0.QJWMIXM_20200318.0000.00_10.0_global with no luck.

All Flashtools says that the Device is locked. And cant unlock again because MIUI dont boot...

Edit:

Tried it anyway:
1649658668340.png

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Ok, tried now to Flash curtana_global_images_V11.0.3.0.QJWMIXM_20200318.0000.00_10.0_global with no luck.

All Flashtools says that the Device is locked. And cant unlock again because MIUI dont boot...

Edit:

Tried it anyway:
View attachment 5584687
It seems you did relock your device. As it is locked, can't be flashed through fastboot, only EDL, but you probably need an authorized account to use Mi Flash tool.

tomekk228

Jun 24, 2020
It seems you did relock your device. As it is locked, can't be flashed through fastboot, only EDL, but you probably need an authorized account to use Mi Flash tool.

So, i can throw it into garbage... I already searched in the internet, the repair cost to much. for that money i can get a new one...

But that wasnt the goal. Indeed i relocked it. The Goal was to reflash it to stock MIUI ROM (wich is really easy and already did it with the note 8 one in the past), and to sell it, because i got a new phone.

So, **** happens :)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So, i can throw it into garbage... I already searched in the internet, the repair cost to much. for that money i can get a new one...

But that wasnt the goal. Indeed i relocked it. The Goal was to reflash it to stock MIUI ROM (wich is really easy and already did it with the note 8 one in the past), and to sell it, because i got a new phone.

So, **** happens :)
Actually is very tricky to flash a Xiaomi powered with Qualcomm, specially when the bootloader is locked, even in unlocked devices, sometimes is required an authorized account to proceed to flash.
It is highly advised to not re-lock bootloader when attempting to recover the device, otherwise you'll be forced to use only EDL mode.

Jun 5, 2012
I had similar problem, goes to bootlop after flashing.
my problem is now the device show FASTBOOOT on the screen but the device is not propery in fastboot mode because if i try to do same fasboot command the prompt show me <waiting for device>

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I had similar problem, goes to bootlop after flashing.
my problem is now the device show FASTBOOOT on the screen but the device is not propery in fastboot mode because if i try to do same fasboot command the prompt show me <waiting for device>
It's not that your device "is not properly in fastboot" most likely, that you need to update the drivers correctly, so your PC can detect your device.

henry1510

Dec 29, 2022
Hello guys i have a problem with a redmi note 9s (curtana) is in loop! And the bootloader is locked (no mi account) yesterday star with the loop he has the miui 12.5, today i can install miui 13 until several wipes and plug on the pc, everithing does ok but when i turn off start again with the problem and i wish no to wipe again anybody knows how can it be? Thanks im new user in this amazing comunity

Jan 5, 2023
Assim, posso jogar no lixo... Já pesquisei na internet, o conserto custou caro. com esse dinheiro posso comprar um novo...

Mas esse não era o objetivo. Na verdade, eu o bloqueei novamente. O objetivo era reflash para armazenar MIUI ROM (o que é muito fácil e já fiz isso com o note 8 no passado) e vendê-lo, porque ganhei um telefone novo.

Então, **** acontece:)
Eu consigo recuperar seu aparelho, porém tem um custo do apk que eu utilizo, cerca de $25 /30 usd , depende da situação que seu celular ficou

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
from where i would get an authorized account
Usually, they are paid-services.

You didn't mention in this post which device you have, this would ease the answer, anyway, if you have a MediaTek device, actually, you, eventually, wouldn't need it, but, if you have a Qualcomm device, you may search for a "Patched firehose file for your device model/the code name of your device model", and you'll find something like this example https://www.bypassfrpfiles.com/2022/12/redmi-note-9s-no-auth-loader-firehose-file/ Or, you can search for an engineering ROM/firmware for your device model/the code-name of your device model, sometimes the ENG ROM contains no restrictions for flashing.

Jan 5, 2023

You didn't mention in this post which device you have, this would ease the answer, anyway, if you have a MediaTek device, actually, you, eventually, wouldn't need it, but, if you have a Qualcomm device, you may search for a "Patched firehose file for your device model/the code name of your device model", and you'll find something like this example https://www.bypassfrpfiles.com/2022/12/redmi-note-9s-no-auth-loader-firehose-file/ Or, you can search for an engineering ROM/firmware for your device model/the code-name of your device model, sometimes the ENG ROM contains no restrictions for flashing.
my cell phone is redmi note 9s, i already tried this method and i was not successful

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
my cell phone is redmi note 9s, i already tried this method and i was not successful
A post without the exact description of your issue, won't help you at all, also for other users to try to help you.
Based on what, we can add something?
Just to know it, If the eMMC/motherboard is not damaged, at hardware level, it is fixable in a 100%.

Azee9822

Dec 30, 2022

Yeah bro i had redmi note 9s curtana, thanks men i'll search for it too

Azee9822

Dec 30, 2022
A post without the exact description of your issue, won't help you at all, also for other users to try to help you.
Based on what, we can add something?
Just to know it, If the eMMC/motherboard is not damaged, at hardware level, it is fixable in a 100%.
I had redmi note 9S ( curtana ), which eventually turn off of it's own & stuck to black screen only led blink upon connecting charger, hence it's also not going to fastboot or recovery mode, therefore i used EDL mode to flash but mi flash tool gives edl authentication error although even after login it's not flashing.