• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Redstone 10.0.14393.5 - Lumia 920 [UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER] [MASS STORAGE]

Search This thread

HATA28

Jun 7, 2009
Europe
Maybe it is already known to some of you but I would like to share that it still possible to upgrade from Windows Phone 8.1 to Redstone if you have a Lumia 920, and to remain the unlocked bootloader with Mass Storage if you use WPInternals. I am assuming this method works for more Lumia x20 devices

My device: Lumia 920
Product code: 059R018
Manumodelname: RM-821-eu-netherlands-315

Steps I took:

-Rolled back device to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Windows Device Recovery Tool flashed this rom onto my device:
RM821_3051.50009.1424.0005_RETAIL_eu_netherlands_315_05_442325_prd_signed.ffu

-Updated to the latest official Windows Phone 8.1 update for Lumia 920.
-Used WPInternals 1.2 to unlock bootloader and flash SBL3 to enable MassStorage. Partition table of RM821_3051.50009.1424.0005_RETAIL_eu_netherlands_315_05_442325_prd_signed.ffu was used.
-Rooted the device using WPInternals 1.2
-Deployed vcReg_1.5 and used Live Interop Unlock template.
-Deployed customPFD (@Pasquiindustry)
-Modified registry as described here.
-Installed Windows Insider and enrolled for Fast Ring.
-Upgraded to W10 Redstone 10.0.14393.5
-Hardreset after upgrade

The Unlocked Bootloader and MassStorage mode are still working without any problems. I therefore made a full ROM dump (EFIESIP, MainOS, Data) using WPInternals 1.2.
I would upload the ROM but since it is 29GB this would take ages.
(If you have suggestions for where to upload or how to make files smaller, please PM me)

Screenshot
Redstone_RM821.png

Last edited:

tofuschnitte

Nov 29, 2012
sure the bootloader stays unlocked, os updates cant lock it again. it stays unlocked till you reflash your phone with the recovery tool (or till the device recieves and ota firmwareupdate, which wont happen for old devices at all)

and i can confirm it works. just compress the archive, will end up in 15gb instead of 30gb. did that last week for my 920 too. the dude here from windowsmania.pl already announced custom roms (which are creatable with wpinternals too and are way smaller, cause in your archive you have the data partition too etc; which you shouldnt upload cause it contains access to the ms account etc you used to configure your device). i only replied cause i wanted to warn you to upload that ;)

icek

Dec 9, 2006
Hi Guys

Can someone upload a W10 ROM for the Lumia 920, with unlocked loader and root access. I can only find one on megaNZ , it flashes on the phone without any errors using windows phone internals, but goes into a boot loop with the Nokia logo..

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Maybe it is already known to some of you but I would like to share that it still possible to upgrade from Windows Phone 8.1 to Redstone if you have a Lumia 920, and to remain the unlocked bootloader with Mass Storage if you use WPInternals. I am assuming this method works for more Lumia x20 devices

My device: Lumia 920
Product code: 059R018
Manumodelname: RM-821-eu-netherlands-315

Steps I took:

-Rolled back device to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Windows Device Recovery Tool flashed this rom onto my device:
RM821_3051.50009.1424.0005_RETAIL_eu_netherlands_315_05_442325_prd_signed.ffu

-Updated to the latest official Windows Phone 8.1 update for Lumia 920.
-Used WPInternals 1.2 to unlock bootloader and flash SBL3 to enable MassStorage. Partition table of RM821_3051.50009.1424.0005_RETAIL_eu_netherlands_315_05_442325_prd_signed.ffu was used.
-Rooted the device using WPInternals 1.2
-Deployed vcReg_1.5 and used Live Interop Unlock template.
-Deployed customPFD (@Pasquiindustry)
-Modified registry as described here.
-Installed Windows Insider and enrolled for Fast Ring.
-Upgraded to W10 Redstone 10.0.14393.5
-Hardreset after upgrade

The Unlocked Bootloader and MassStorage mode are still working without any problems. I therefore made a full ROM dump (EFIESIP, MainOS, Data) using WPInternals 1.2.
I would upload the ROM but since it is 29GB this would take ages.
(If you have suggestions for where to upload or how to make files smaller, please PM me)

Screenshot
Redstone_RM821.png

I've tried to do it, I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone with WP Internals, but I can't deploy xaps with the Windows Phone SDK. I even tried to move it to the phone and install it from file explorer, but it doesn't work. How can I deploy the xaps?

blackpanther0

Aug 5, 2016
...and this guide still work after closing update for the unsupported device (920, my 925..) ? can you explain this in easymode? :D

thanks

phoenix0_4

Oct 5, 2013
Is glance screen working? I installed 10.0.14393.5 but can't find the settings anymore.

And would it be wise to change the registry settings back to original after getting the update?

Last edited:

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Is glance screen working? I installed 10.0.14393.5 but can't find the settings anymore.

And would it be wise to change the registry settings back to original after getting the update?

I think if you hard reset the phone, they go back to original. At least mine says it's Lucia 920 and I changed the keys to be lumina 535 to get the update

phoenix0_4

Oct 5, 2013
Ah, okay. Good to know, since I did a hard reset. :)
Will my Lumia 920 get further updates after changing back to the original settings?

tofuschnitte

Nov 29, 2012
you need to change the values everytime to get a new os-update, download of speechfiles and keyboardlayout works fine without (but you have to reopt to insiderring if you did a hardreset). i recommend changing the values to the original ones after every update, otherwise the store does crazy thing (atleast did for me)

Reactions: phoenix0_4

phoenix0_4

Oct 5, 2013
Okay, did it. Thanks.
Is there a way to get the glance-function back to life? (The option for it in "personalisation" is missing and that one in "extras" is not working anymore.)

ADeltaX

Feb 16, 2015
Somewhere
www.adeltax.com
You can upload only EFIESP and MainOS without Data, because the last one is useless.
You can flash EFIESP and MainOS even if you are in WP8.1, but keep in mind that you need to do an hard reset via volume keys.

tofuschnitte

Nov 29, 2012
read pages ~90-100 in the oder thread about old devices running redstone. you find everything there you need

phoenix0_4

Oct 5, 2013
Ah, found it. Thanks. I just can't create dword-keys with InteropTool. But you mentioned, that there could be coming a fix/tweak in the next version of the InteropTool. Perhaps, I will just wait. ^^

tofuschnitte

Nov 29, 2012
there wont, gus isnt able to fix some write issues. without massstoragemode the only way to change them is custompfd + custompfd remote on your desktop

phoenix0_4

Oct 5, 2013
@tofuschnitte:
Okay, I'll try that. But is there a way to enable the glance-setting, which should be in "personalisation"? Perhaps that would be enough?
(And a tweak in the InteropTools to quickly change the registry to, let's say the Lumia 950 oder 830 would be nice. :D)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to change the values everytime to get a new os-update, download of speechfiles and keyboardlayout works fine without (but you have to reopt to insiderring if you did a hardreset). i recommend changing the values to the original ones after every update, otherwise the store does crazy thing (atleast did for me)
    Hi Guys

Can someone upload a W10 ROM for the Lumia 920, with unlocked loader and root access. I can only find one on megaNZ , it flashes on the phone without any errors using windows phone internals, but goes into a boot loop with the Nokia logo..

don't worry,
    if u completed those steps correctly, do a hard reset using keys!

then phone will boot up functionality and works well :)