• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Reduce idle battery drain

Search This thread

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Sometimes I wonder if you create more issues than solving them when you restrict certain apps lol. For example you restrict some apps then these apps trigger something they can never solve because you restricted them and they loop themselves consuming more than needed lol

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if you create more issues than solving them when you restrict certain apps lol. For example you restrict some apps then these apps trigger something they can never solve because you restricted them and they loop themselves consuming more than needed lol
Yes... you're getting the idea. Android generally manages its self quit well.
Use it only when needed, one at a time, if it helps significantly maybe use it. In most cases it doesn't help.
If it's a rogue 3rd party app causing it... consider ditching it, modifying its settings and/or firewall blocking it.
Lots of trashware out there.

Reactions: xNAPx

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Follow this guide to reduce the lag and idle battery drain :

Reactions: xNAPx

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
just to update you, I've factory reset my and did not restore anything, phone fresh install for ONLY necessary apps. restricted their usage and still getting same idle consumption. around 1%/h night time. I checked apps status somewhere (not sure how to get back to that page) and all apps were asleep and 0 apps awake. even though I've disabled most of the animation and unused services like wifi, super wallpaper, adaptive brightness, notifications, and as always, DND in the night is on with black and white screen and no vibration and sounds enabled.

I was surprised with the following scenario;
Browsing internet or facebook heats up (40C~43C) more than when I am playing mobile legends at max graphics (37~40) with game booster on (restricting interfering apps).

isn't that weird?

Thanks you for the x0.5 animation trick, the phone feels fast now (I know it is just to make the animation faster, but really nice and I think everyone should do it). but it had nothing to do with the battery.

Since I am using global version, I can't find any bloat wares that really are affecting the operation, unless there is something I cannot see. I found only MI Remote, MI Video and Mi Music mainly, compass and services&feedback and some other useless apps are not running at all. so it is just google services running the phone along with MI account (which after keeping an eye on it, seems final with minimal consumption.

there is something odd with power management, the phones hold battery at 100% for nearly 20min's and keeps phone cool with browsing usage, then starts to heat up and consumes 1% in a few min's until it reaches 80's% and then goes better, then it starts to consume power and heat up again. whenever the phone starts heating up, I can feel smoothness drops and like refresh rate drops (at some points only), like while scrolling, I see some spikes sometimes. or when page left or right, same.

are you on stock rom? are you rooted? is there an app that can track a very detailed battery consumption? and is there an app that can show me a very detailed awake apps to the point of listing system apps that are running (and not just android system)?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Turn off power management completely.
Try disabling Google play Services temporarily and clear it's data.
Cloud crap eats resources constantly.
Disable all animations; a fast phone looks cleaner without that tacky stuff and is very slightly faster.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
This is what I uninstalled so far

pm uninstall --user 0 com.amazon.appmanager
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.msa.global
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.compass
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.traceur
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.bugreport
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.services
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.miservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.youtube (don't unistall for youtube vanced)
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.daemon
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.bookmarkprovider
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.feedback
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.touchassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.joyose
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.stk

And this is what I just started testing (only disabled)

pm disable-user com.miui.screenrecorder
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.miplay_client
pm disable-user com.google.android.apps.googleassistant
pm disable-user xiaomi.mi_connect_service
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.micloud.sdk
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.payment
pm disable-user com.netflix.partner.activation
pm disable-user com.miui.backup
pm disable-user com.miui.micloudsync
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.simactivate.service
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudbackup
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.xmsf
pm disable-user com.miui.mishare.connectivity
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudservice
pm disable-user com.tencent.soter.soterserver
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase
pm disable-user com.google.android.projection.gearhead
pm disable-user com.mipay.wallet.in

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
This is what I uninstalled so far

pm uninstall --user 0 com.amazon.appmanager
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.msa.global
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.compass
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.traceur
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.bugreport
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.services
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.miservice
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.youtube (don't unistall for youtube vanced)
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.daemon
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.bookmarkprovider
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.feedback
pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.touchassistant
pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.joyose
pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.stk

And this is what I just started testing (only disabled)

pm disable-user com.miui.screenrecorder
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.miplay_client
pm disable-user com.google.android.apps.googleassistant
pm disable-user xiaomi.mi_connect_service
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.micloud.sdk
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.payment
pm disable-user com.netflix.partner.activation
pm disable-user com.miui.backup
pm disable-user com.miui.micloudsync
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.simactivate.service
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudbackup
pm disable-user com.xiaomi.xmsf
pm disable-user com.miui.mishare.connectivity
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudservice
pm disable-user com.tencent.soter.soterserver
pm disable-user com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase
pm disable-user com.google.android.projection.gearhead
pm disable-user com.mipay.wallet.in
I believe you have Chinese or EU rom? Not global?

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Today's status
Screenshot_2021-06-23-10-16-14-071_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Thanks mate, I'll do same.

Does it affect any of Google services since you uninstalled some of them?
Well Assistant obviously doesn't work
Google play I think doesn't notify you the updates so you need to open the app to check
Maps seems to be working as far as I want it to work only when I need it
Google I don't use
Calendar I don't use
Android auto I dont use
YouTube Vanced works
Google one I don't use
Phone and messages works
Contact works
Account and Sync I do manually
For anything else just ask

Afg Playa

Aug 29, 2017
Do I have to worry about anything I changed over ADB when I update *my rom? I mean do I have to enable the *disabled apps first?

Last edited:

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
When you update what? Your Rom? I think you might have everything reinstalled but I never tried so I don't know. You shall need to unistall/disable the apps again

Reactions: Afg Playa

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
When you update what? Your Rom? I think you might have everything reinstalled but I never tried so I don't know. You shall need to unistall/disable the apps again
With airplane mode, I got this, every night I'll try going with onething off until I find the source

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-24-07-25-51-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-24-07-25-51-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 43

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overnight drain after removing xiaomi Services framework

Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-22-36-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Thanks, honestly I reinstalled Xiaomi services framework, Xiaomi services framework keeper and Xiaomi SIM activation services. As I thought uninstalling the framework breaks Mi music by showing on the rear screen to get controlled and I assume other hidden functionalities, I don't recommend then to debloat that since in terms of battery life it doesn't give much of juice. I do suggest getting to this point to start activating the battery saving options to save up more than this. For example yesterday over 12 hours overnight drain with the framework still active I had 97% battery and this morning without the framework I had over 8hours 99% so I don't think having the framework makes too much of a difference despite what it breaks and/or may break. I think also that it may affect MIUI optimizations and so the reactivity of the system, so I suggest you guys leaving those 3
    Debloater through magisk, I will figure that out. It shouldn't be a big deal. Keep going ! My phone battery life is way longer now!
    Would you mind sharing your list of debloated apps as xNAPx did ? Thanks !
    I am still not finished now and have a couple of things to optimize. I am running on v.12.5.10.0 xiaomi.eu Rom.
    Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-10-32-231_com.termux.jpg
    After debloating I can't share pdf to print services to print them can you print stuff? Do you have any solution for that?

Reinstall Mi Share, Xiaomi framework, Xiaomi framework keeper. Reboot.

See if it helps.
    Use the Hidden Settings for MIUI app on the Google Play store to disable all the apps that cannot be disabled through the normal app menu (no root required):

Thanks, honestly I reinstalled Xiaomi services framework, Xiaomi services framework keeper and Xiaomi SIM activation services. As I thought uninstalling the framework breaks Mi music by showing on the rear screen to get controlled and I assume other hidden functionalities, I don't recommend then to debloat that since in terms of battery life it doesn't give much of juice. I do suggest getting to this point to start activating the battery saving options to save up more than this. For example yesterday over 12 hours overnight drain with the framework still active I had 97% battery and this morning without the framework I had over 8hours 99% so I don't think having the framework makes too much of a difference despite what it breaks and/or may break. I think also that it may affect MIUI optimizations and so the reactivity of the system, so I suggest you guys leaving those 3
    Overnight drain after removing xiaomi Services framework

Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-22-36-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    I think I got almost a perfect status and balance between idle drain, debloating and phone functionality

First of all you must have your phone rooted and use the magisk module "debloat". I so far debloated these apps
    56172.jpg

Thanks to this my ROM became really light already, security app boost only register few apps in background and most of the time doesn't even register a 'your phone is now X% faster" .

This is the drainage so far. Phone disconnected from charging at 2pm or something

Screenshot_2021-07-02-23-23-35-081_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I had a whatsapp video call for almost 20minutes (one of the most expensive battery draining anctivity) and few hours of idling

After debloating remember to go into app
    And force stop the following
    Google play services
    Carrier Services
    Xiaomi Services framework
    Xiaomi Services framework keeper
    Google play services keeper
    Google play store
    Xiaomi Sim activation service

Now clear their cache and data and reboot your phone

Now run terminal emulator and type

su

Then type

cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Now wait for "success" to show this will optimize your apps

Now you can also go into battery and reatrict background activity for all the apps you want
    Then you can disable into apps for the background data usage for all the apps you want

Then you can go further and go into privacy->special permission->battery optimization and optimize the apps and process you want
    Then deactivate all the functionalities you don't use, like backups, find device etc.

Go into usage access and disable so for Google play services and other stuff like xiaomi services and miui

Go into privacy and security->authorization and revocation-> and stop the apps you want

And this is pretty much so, obviously for my type of usage

You can go further by reducing refresh rate to 90hz (check guides here) but I don't do so, or prefer lower data speeds such as lte/4g or even less (5g is pretty expensive but I don't do it)
    Technical wise I don't disable or reduce these functionalities because it is the reason why I bought this phone so it wouldn't make sense but feel free to use these tricks as well if you want
    Could you drive me trough the settings please? Where I can do this? I disabled many things but I want to be sure what I missed
    I'm not holding the device and I have a Note 10+ but there are similar issues on all Android phones.
    You need to be able to see what apks are draining the battery and using the internet. On Pie which I use is easier to do than with Q and 11 however you may have resources on those systems I'm unaware off.
    Disable all power management and address the power hogs individually on a case by case basis.

You can use Karma Firewall to block internet access to rogue apps which will decrease their battery usage. However it's valuble logging features are disabled in Q and above. There may be a ADB work around... I don't know.
    Package Disabler is very useful as well. There are non-Samsung variants of the apk you can likely use real time.

Play with it which what I did.
    It's time consuming... and what works for some won't work for all. My 10+ was a hot running power hog; today it's a cool running, fast, stable, heavily optimized platform. Once done, do not update the OS or you'll be starting from scratch, again.