Search This thread

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Overnight drain after removing xiaomi Services framework

Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-22-36-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Reactions: xwonic and s3axel

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Thanks, honestly I reinstalled Xiaomi services framework, Xiaomi services framework keeper and Xiaomi SIM activation services. As I thought uninstalling the framework breaks Mi music by showing on the rear screen to get controlled and I assume other hidden functionalities, I don't recommend then to debloat that since in terms of battery life it doesn't give much of juice. I do suggest getting to this point to start activating the battery saving options to save up more than this. For example yesterday over 12 hours overnight drain with the framework still active I had 97% battery and this morning without the framework I had over 8hours 99% so I don't think having the framework makes too much of a difference despite what it breaks and/or may break. I think also that it may affect MIUI optimizations and so the reactivity of the system, so I suggest you guys leaving those 3

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
This is what I debloated so far
Screenshot_2021-07-06-17-04-24-900_com.termux.jpg

Installing back the framework definitely made the system more responsive as well as probably did make optimizations on 5g speed and some other functionalities of the phone, tomorrow I'll be testing overnight drain with the service activated and see if I am right on the battery life. To this point I will suggest start using battery saver profiles to save up more juice when you know you are not using your phone (overnight for example, or when at work),so when you know receiving notifications on the fly or other stuff is not a concern to you

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Definitely uninstalling and reinstalling Xiaomi services framework brake something ( I wasn't able to connect to the internet even getting signal). I now reatored hybrid and hybryd accessories as well (smart scenes) but to be honest with you my ROM is now a bit messed up I will suggest to my previous to latest debloat update. I can definitely see something wrong now as when I move from silent mode to sound for example in control center vibration doesn't active on the fly, I need to close the control center first and then reopen it to see the vibration reatictivated.

Reactions: xwonic

Tulasiram999

Mar 16, 2017
This my battery drain with nothing debolating but just turn off every thing like autostart, notifications of apps I don't use that's it.
I usually get 4-5% idle drain over 8-9hr.

Screenshot_2021-07-11-16-35-20-161_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Recently I am experiencing high drain again on global 12.5.4.0. in 10 hours from 100% to 91% but I don't know what this depends on honestly

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Rom version? What adjustment s did you do to achieve 8h SoT with 120hz and Whqd+ (I hope you meant without battery saving option). Your connection? Are you in full 5g speed? I've realized that 5g at high signal drains the battery a lot, I have the same settings now in a 4g area and the phone drains much less

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
I think I understood the culprit of battery drain.

5g

Without any adjustment whatsoever, default manage apps settings, just many services off and usage access restricted for many apps my phone gets

Screenshot_2021-07-20-10-07-23-213_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

And this is because now I am living in an area where I get only 4g signal, while before in a 5g area with the same settings and ROM I was getting 4/4.5 SoT

Tulasiram999

Mar 16, 2017
IMG_20210720_152104.jpg

This is the rom I am using and display is constantly at 120hz and 2k. Kept all the apps I don't require notifications alert on "no background activity" using wifi all the time. And I don't have a 5g in my area so it's off.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Yeah that's great,but what are your settings? And what ROM? I understand you have dark mode activated but what surprise me is your super low android system usage

EDIT: Sorry I just realized that you said you are on global ROM 12.5.2.0

Last edited:

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yeah that's great,but what are your settings? And what ROM? I understand you have dark mode activated but what surprise me is your super low android system usage

EDIT: Sorry I just realized that you said you are on global ROM 12.5.2.0
Hey mate,

I see you've optimized your battery consumption (IDLE and usage) by astonishing rate.

Is it possible to share your debloating list all together in 1 comment or thread? i am not rooted, and would stay that way. i'll be going with adb of course.

also, if i uninstall one, is there a way to reinstall it without factory reset? or factory reset is the only option to go with?

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
A new update, phone discharged this morning at 11am now arrived at 2am and I am about to sleep, phone used in a mix of 5g and 4g areas, at work I had 2 shifts of 4h roughly, during thise I don't use my phone so I started activating airplane mode, with airplane mode the phone drains roughly 1% in 4 hours (super great) as you can see the graph is flat in those hours.

Screenshot_2021-07-22-01-56-55-571_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Today though I came up with another conclusion which is under testing and I am really curious to try. So far I've always had, despite many services disabled such as find my device and all those ****, printer services and so forth, my location switched on as well as some options for accuracy active such as wifi and Bluetooth scanning, Google accuracy, carrier services position share on "ask", then suddenly I asked myself, why the heck I have this stuff turned on? Basically I only use WhatsApp position share and Google maps and only when necessary (quite rarely), so I disabled everything, and discovered that when I want to use maps it asks me to turn on wifi scanning, location and Google accuracy, so I was like, that's great,so I can switch everything off since I don't need it. So from tomorrow I'll be testing my battery usage with these things off and report a full day without using airplane mode trick. And report

Reactions: xwonic

Exaita

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Hello I am on china ROM and on/off the media storage will suddenly consume alot of battery and heat up my phone. I tried turning off all the sync but it still occurs. Anyone have any idea on this?

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
This is my battery consumption so far. I am trying a 48h usage with some tricks, when I am at work I don't use my phone and I don't need notifications while I am at work, I did the first day with airplane mode, activating airplane mode battery consumption is close to 0% over 4hs and also I had an overnight with airplane mode consuming 4% over 12hs with some breaks to check the phone and reactivating the connections. The next 50% of my battery I want to set ultra battery save mode instead of airplane and check how it is compared to airplane mode.
Screenshot_2021-07-24-15-25-21-430_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the Hidden Settings for MIUI app on the Google Play store to disable all the apps that cannot be disabled through the normal app menu (no root required):

Thanks, honestly I reinstalled Xiaomi services framework, Xiaomi services framework keeper and Xiaomi SIM activation services. As I thought uninstalling the framework breaks Mi music by showing on the rear screen to get controlled and I assume other hidden functionalities, I don't recommend then to debloat that since in terms of battery life it doesn't give much of juice. I do suggest getting to this point to start activating the battery saving options to save up more than this. For example yesterday over 12 hours overnight drain with the framework still active I had 97% battery and this morning without the framework I had over 8hours 99% so I don't think having the framework makes too much of a difference despite what it breaks and/or may break. I think also that it may affect MIUI optimizations and so the reactivity of the system, so I suggest you guys leaving those 3
    Overnight drain after removing xiaomi Services framework

Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-22-36-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    I think I got almost a perfect status and balance between idle drain, debloating and phone functionality

First of all you must have your phone rooted and use the magisk module "debloat". I so far debloated these apps
    56172.jpg

Thanks to this my ROM became really light already, security app boost only register few apps in background and most of the time doesn't even register a 'your phone is now X% faster" .

This is the drainage so far. Phone disconnected from charging at 2pm or something

Screenshot_2021-07-02-23-23-35-081_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I had a whatsapp video call for almost 20minutes (one of the most expensive battery draining anctivity) and few hours of idling

After debloating remember to go into app
    And force stop the following
    Google play services
    Carrier Services
    Xiaomi Services framework
    Xiaomi Services framework keeper
    Google play services keeper
    Google play store
    Xiaomi Sim activation service

Now clear their cache and data and reboot your phone

Now run terminal emulator and type

su

Then type

cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Now wait for "success" to show this will optimize your apps

Now you can also go into battery and reatrict background activity for all the apps you want
    Then you can disable into apps for the background data usage for all the apps you want

Then you can go further and go into privacy->special permission->battery optimization and optimize the apps and process you want
    Then deactivate all the functionalities you don't use, like backups, find device etc.

Go into usage access and disable so for Google play services and other stuff like xiaomi services and miui

Go into privacy and security->authorization and revocation-> and stop the apps you want

And this is pretty much so, obviously for my type of usage

You can go further by reducing refresh rate to 90hz (check guides here) but I don't do so, or prefer lower data speeds such as lte/4g or even less (5g is pretty expensive but I don't do it)
    Technical wise I don't disable or reduce these functionalities because it is the reason why I bought this phone so it wouldn't make sense but feel free to use these tricks as well if you want
    1. Uninstall the apps that you use rarely.
    2. Never manually close the apps.
    3. Remove unnecessary widgets from the home screen.
    4. Turn on Airplane Mode in low-signal areas.
    5. Go Airplane Mode at bedtime.
    6. Turn off notifications.
    7. Don't let apps wake your screen
    Hope it helps
    I manually close Brave when not in use otherwise it will run in the background and use a considerable amount of power. Each app is different; no one fix fits all!
    Observe the behavior then decide on the best plan and see if it works.