• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Reduce idle battery drain

Search This thread

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Media storage is activated by apps which request storage to store something, or doing backups, you must acknowledge what apps you have that need this request

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Probably is not WhatsApp, it's the only app on my phone that asks for that request actually

Here is my figure of 2days battery endurance, unfortunately I just realized that the graph and stats only record 24h cycle but I believe with my new tricks I had almost 9h screen on time
Screenshot_2021-07-25-04-11-51-502_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Overnight airplane mode+ ultra battery saver. During the day ultra battery saver mode when the phone is on idle. Look at my drain while for sure I haven't used the phone with UBS+Airplane mode
Screenshot_2021-07-25-17-12-18-972_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

For the rest Phone is debloated (36 apps removed, check previous posts), usage access is disabled for few apps. All the services are set to off (no Bluetooth, no printing, no mishare, no find device, no face unlock, no Google, no location sharing, no location history). Location, location accuracy and wifi scan for location are ON. All the settings are maxed out (120hz forced via custom props), AI image enhance, WQHD+ (no battery saver) etc.
Pushed battery optimization command cmd package bg-dexopt-job to force apps optimization

Reactions: xwonic

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
POCO M3
Overnight airplane mode+ ultra battery saver. During the day ultra battery saver mode when the phone is on idle. Look at my drain while for sure I haven't used the phone with UBS+Airplane mode

For the rest Phone is debloated (36 apps removed, check previous posts), usage access is disabled for few apps. All the services are set to off (no Bluetooth, no printing, no mishare, no find device, no face unlock, no Google, no location sharing, no location history). Location, location accuracy and wifi scan for location are ON. All the settings are maxed out (120hz forced via custom props), AI image enhance, WQHD+ (no battery saver) etc.
Pushed battery optimization command cmd package bg-dexopt-job to force apps optimization
That sounds amazing!
I just don't like putting the phone in airplane mode, remembering to do it to achieve max idle battery that is.
Can you please do a guide step by step?
I know its alot of work but im glad someone is trying everything but this is a 5000mah battery, come on xiaomi...

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
The thing is not about the battery, the problem if we can say is that all the processes and the apps and the services that the MIUI comes preinstalled with are battery consuming, add to this 5g which is a battery hog, Snapdragon 888, WQHD+ display, 120hz, AI processing. These phone has a lot going on, keep it stock is very battery consuming, you must take action to reduce all of this. Airplane mode is easy and works out extremely well in those situations you know for certain you don't need datas or get notified (overnight for example, it also works as a DND mode). Ultra battery saver also is amazing, your phone keeps receiving notifications and calls for the app you've chosen (I use WhatsApp for example, and it works perfectly, I receive muted messages and straight away phone and video calls if someone try to reach me). With these tricks you keep you SoT maximized to effective usage of the phone, look at my figure, I have 3h SoT with the 70% of battery still. INCREDIBLE!

Reactions: xwonic

RheinPirat

Sorry your battery lasted 2 and a half days? Well keep in consideration that the graph shows only the last 24h of usage. Or did I get you wrong?
Because I know when I charged it the last time ;)

@xNAPx I dont use 5G, only 60Hz and HD Resolution. But I my phone drains the battery very fast while idling.

I uninstalled or froze many apps but still. My old OP 7 Pro with HavocOS I achieved 9h SOT over 3 Days....

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Well 2 and a half days of battery aeems very good to me and you still have 24%, what doesn't seem good is that you use 60hz and no 5g, while I have 120hz forced via root in any condition (youtube for example) and 5g activated (even though at the moment in my area I only get 4g). Look at this

50% battery round, 1h phone call in ultra battery saver mode, + 1 WhatsApp call of roughly 30mins and almost 5h SoT
Screenshot_2021-07-25-21-49-51-074_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Last edited:

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Well 2 and a half days of battery aeems very good to me and you still have 24%, what doesn't seem good is that you use 60hz and no 5g, while I have 120hz forced via root in any condition (youtube for example) and 5g activated (even though at the moment in my area I only get 4g). Look at this

50% battery round, 1h phone call in ultra battery saver mode, + 1 WhatsApp call of roughly 30mins and almost 5h SoT
View attachment 5370579
Hi Mate,

After a while using my stock rom, and looking at the achievement you've got, I am debloating everything again using xiaomiadbtool (with ability to reinstall and enable) which is really handy.

allow me to ask a few questions:
-What rom are you using?
-Are you rooted? i'd prefer not to root, do you have any idea if it would work without rooting?
-What are your settings?
-Debloating just the one you've previously mentioned? (in page 6 of this thread) but reinstalled xiaomi services and sim activation. (I've uninstalled xiaomi services and sim activation and I didn't face any issues at all)
-You seem to achieve nearly 9hours of SOT, sometimes with ultra power saving mode, is that correct? what is SOT you have without ultra power saving?
-Can i assume your SOT is your usage time?
-Seems like google services are the most apps draining battery, does it seem legit for you?

i really hope to get some answers, thank you

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Hi buddy
Regarding debloating, you can do that with adb as well the result is similar so no problem if you don't want to root

1. I am on official global ROM 12.5.4.0, bootloader unlocked and rooted
2. I am rooted yes, but you can debloat without
3. I am on max settings (120hz forced via props commands, WQHD+ no battery saver, AI enhancements, 5g)
4.yes that is the list for me but I am open to new app to debloat, honestly I felt like connection speed was weaker after removing the framework but might have been a placebo, I am interested in further testing on this please let me know
5.without power saving depends pretty much between the idle time and the effective usage, the point of using UBS and Airplane mode is to keep idling consumption close to 0 to have the phone draining battery only when actually used
6.With the tricks yes, for the reason explained on point 5
7. Well no it is not, Android System is the worst, play services and carrier services depends, sometimes are really consuming for no reason

Hope I helped. Please keep me updated on Xiaomi service framework

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi buddy
Regarding debloating, you can do that with adb as well the result is similar so no problem if you don't want to root

1. I am on official global ROM 12.5.4.0, bootloader unlocked and rooted
2. I am rooted yes, but you can debloat without
3. I am on max settings (120hz forced via props commands, WQHD+ no battery saver, AI enhancements, 5g)
4.yes that is the list for me but I am open to new app to debloat, honestly I felt like connection speed was weaker after removing the framework but might have been a placebo, I am interested in further testing on this please let me know
5.without power saving depends pretty much between the idle time and the effective usage, the point of using UBS and Airplane mode is to keep idling consumption close to 0 to have the phone draining battery only when actually used
6.With the tricks yes, for the reason explained on point 5
7. Well no it is not, Android System is the worst, play services and carrier services depends, sometimes are really consuming for no reason

Hope I helped. Please keep me updated on Xiaomi service framework
Hi mate,

So far it is a full day without Xiaomi services and Sim, no issues at all, I've disabled them an hour ago, then re-disabled again after your message up. Will keep going few days more.

I have live wallpaper and 30 secs stay awake with notification ambient on. I know that would save some battery to disable them but shouldn't be that much since phone is idle or is used, and not type of person sneak on the phone every 5mins. And still would be minimum consumption of 9hours SOT you getting.

What are those settings for you?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
5g which is a battery hog

So what I wrote in #127 is correct then.

If your country or your location has poor 5G connection, better set it prefer 4G because it eventually will drop to 4G when your 5G signal is bad.

If kept prefer 5G, it will keep fetching for 5G signal, and rapidly switching between 5G and 4G also consumes more battery.

As from your screenshots showed 4G connection is good, prefer it for better battery consumption.

Of course it's your choice to prefer fast internet of 5G or better battery backup from 4G.

Turn off mobile data during sleeping can also preserve battery, which should be set when you turn on ultra battery save mode. 3G mode may further reduce battery drainage.

Since you have root with Magisk, try another module to reduce Google Mobile Service/Google Play Service usage, which is also potentially a battery drainer.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
So what I wrote in #127 is correct then.

If your country or your location has poor 5G connection, better set it prefer 4G because it eventually will drop to 4G when your 5G signal is bad.

If kept prefer 5G, it will keep fetching for 5G signal, and rapidly switching between 5G and 4G also consumes more battery.

As from your screenshots showed 4G connection is good, prefer it for better battery consumption.

Of course it's your choice to prefer fast internet of 5G or better battery backup from 4G.

Turn off mobile data during sleeping can also preserve battery, which should be set when you turn on ultra battery save mode. 3G mode may further reduce battery drainage.

Since you have root with Magisk, try another module to reduce Google Mobile Service/Google Play Service usage, which is also potentially a battery drainer.
Wow I didn't know about this module, does it work without issues? Will I get notified as intended?

EDIT: I've just installed this module, I am very curious if it works without problems and report

Last edited:

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Hi mate,

So far it is a full day without Xiaomi services and Sim, no issues at all, I've disabled them an hour ago, then re-disabled again after your message up. Will keep going few days more.

I have live wallpaper and 30 secs stay awake with notification ambient on. I know that would save some battery to disable them but shouldn't be that much since phone is idle or is used, and not type of person sneak on the phone every 5mins. And still would be minimum consumption of 9hours SOT you getting.

What are those settings for you?
I would not say that, evenbif you are not using the phone, without ultra battery saver or airplane mode your phone keeps consuming too much for just being idle (around 1.5% or 2% hour which is way too much in my humble opinion). Those tricks are needed if you want your SoT as much effective as possible. You can't go near that 8/9h SoT without that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the Hidden Settings for MIUI app on the Google Play store to disable all the apps that cannot be disabled through the normal app menu (no root required):

Thanks, honestly I reinstalled Xiaomi services framework, Xiaomi services framework keeper and Xiaomi SIM activation services. As I thought uninstalling the framework breaks Mi music by showing on the rear screen to get controlled and I assume other hidden functionalities, I don't recommend then to debloat that since in terms of battery life it doesn't give much of juice. I do suggest getting to this point to start activating the battery saving options to save up more than this. For example yesterday over 12 hours overnight drain with the framework still active I had 97% battery and this morning without the framework I had over 8hours 99% so I don't think having the framework makes too much of a difference despite what it breaks and/or may break. I think also that it may affect MIUI optimizations and so the reactivity of the system, so I suggest you guys leaving those 3
    Overnight drain after removing xiaomi Services framework

Screenshot_2021-07-06-08-22-36-841_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    I think I got almost a perfect status and balance between idle drain, debloating and phone functionality

First of all you must have your phone rooted and use the magisk module "debloat". I so far debloated these apps
    56172.jpg

Thanks to this my ROM became really light already, security app boost only register few apps in background and most of the time doesn't even register a 'your phone is now X% faster" .

This is the drainage so far. Phone disconnected from charging at 2pm or something

Screenshot_2021-07-02-23-23-35-081_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I had a whatsapp video call for almost 20minutes (one of the most expensive battery draining anctivity) and few hours of idling

After debloating remember to go into app
    And force stop the following
    Google play services
    Carrier Services
    Xiaomi Services framework
    Xiaomi Services framework keeper
    Google play services keeper
    Google play store
    Xiaomi Sim activation service

Now clear their cache and data and reboot your phone

Now run terminal emulator and type

su

Then type

cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Now wait for "success" to show this will optimize your apps

Now you can also go into battery and reatrict background activity for all the apps you want
    Then you can disable into apps for the background data usage for all the apps you want

Then you can go further and go into privacy->special permission->battery optimization and optimize the apps and process you want
    Then deactivate all the functionalities you don't use, like backups, find device etc.

Go into usage access and disable so for Google play services and other stuff like xiaomi services and miui

Go into privacy and security->authorization and revocation-> and stop the apps you want

And this is pretty much so, obviously for my type of usage

You can go further by reducing refresh rate to 90hz (check guides here) but I don't do so, or prefer lower data speeds such as lte/4g or even less (5g is pretty expensive but I don't do it)
    Technical wise I don't disable or reduce these functionalities because it is the reason why I bought this phone so it wouldn't make sense but feel free to use these tricks as well if you want
    I was worried about battery in idle, but this is behavior on EU Rom 12.5.11. On chinese ROM, it was the same. In 16 hours just 1% of battery is drained.
    I am aware of the apps I put on my phone and Facebook, Whatsapp atc. have close doors :)

IMG_20210807_152112.jpg