• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Reduce punch hole camera size

Search This thread

motes

Dec 20, 2010
Hi!
One question, any one know if it's possible to reduce the black circle arround the punch hole front camera, and only black it out when you are using the front camera?? It will be great to have a smallest hole! I don't knw why those pixels must be blacked out all the time, if i'm not using the front camera...

Reactions: Diego0007

motes

Dec 20, 2010
if you choice punch hole cut in developer options the circle arround te camera is not centred well, so it may be becose are blacked pixels no?

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 5
What do you mean? The black circle around the hole punch is completely physical and the software cutout only kicks in when the front camera is in use (you can clearly see it when in an app with a non black status bar such as snapchat for example).
I don't think that's correct. I can clearly see additional black padding being added to the cut out when the screen is turned on. Once off, you can see the physical size of the camera hole is a few pixels smaller in diameter.

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
I don't think that's correct. I can clearly see additional black padding being added to the cut out when the screen is turned on. Once off, you can see the physical size of the camera hole is a few pixels smaller in diameter.
The actual physical camera hole is a lot smaller than your phone would have you believe, there's padding in the form of black pixels to make the hole seem bigger on screen.

This guy wants to remove the black padding so the camera cutout shown on screen looks even smaller than it is.

Top Liked Posts