[REF] GALAXY NOTE 3 (SM-N900/N900W8/N9005) GSM MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
All modems (radio/baseband) are OFFICIAL and for the SM-N900/N9005 only!!

You can post here your recommended modems for various region/location/ carrier etc.
Choosing right modem can make a huge difference as it affects reception, data speed, stability, battery life etc. Test them and then post here ;)

Different parts of the World have different LETTER CODE (first 2 - XX, ZH, DX, ...) ,
Last 2 letters: I6 or J1 or ... tells you how old this modem is... higher letter, newer modem... simple as that...
BTW, you need to test them all if you want to know differences in reception or data speeds...

If you have a modem or request for a missing, please feel free to post here and I’ll add it (credit given).
Please use this Samsung Firmware checker to see what is your LETTER CODE

CWM/TWRP (Custom Recovery) flashable MODEMS in post #3​

TIP of the day:
Ok it worked.
If anyone else is having issues with the baseband not changing, do this.
  1. Use Odin v3.04
  2. Untick Autoreboot
  3. Flash modem
  4. Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
  5. Flash Modem once more
  6. Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
  7. If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Flashing Guide

1. Download modem
2. Extract, open "......tar.md5" as PHONE and press START
3. Enjoy

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900​

DDUBMI3 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DDUBMI4 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DXUBMI1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

UBUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon...

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N9005​

XXUBMI6 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMJ1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon....

Sources :

- samsung-updates
- sammobile

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Modems Collection [CWM/TWRP]

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900 ONLY!!​

more coming soon...

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 LTE - SM-N9005

NEED TO BE TESTED ...

Last edited:

asaqwert

Apr 5, 2011
Still looking for flash-able modems from the N900W8 for my N9005 :cowboy:

just so we are clear here... is it possible that a modem from, say, a tmobile phone (sm-n900t) would work just fine on a wind mobile phone (same bands used) (sm-n900w8)?

what about a modem off of a w8 from latin or south america? does the region they are from matter, or is it just the bands supported that really matter, and the phone's hardware itself?

i guess i'm wondering if, having a w8, can i flash basically any firmware without worrying about a brick, and the only worry would be simply wether or not it would connect up or work well...? or do i run the risk of really screwing up my phone for good if i flash the wrong region? or wrong model but still a snapdragon model? thanks

KindaJackedForANerd

Mar 21, 2013
Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900W8​

coming soon....

can't wait looking for this I want to flash the latest on a custom rom

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

just so we are clear here... is it possible that a modem from, say, a tmobile phone (sm-n900t) would work just fine on a wind mobile phone (same bands used) (sm-n900w8)?

what about a modem off of a w8 from latin or south america? does the region they are from matter, or is it just the bands supported that really matter, and the phone's hardware itself?

i guess i'm wondering if, having a w8, can i flash basically any firmware without worrying about a brick, and the only worry would be simply wether or not it would connect up or work well...? or do i run the risk of really screwing up my phone for good if i flash the wrong region? or wrong model but still a snapdragon model? thanks

well for me when I flashed omega.. which is n9005 I lost wifi, however lte worked and everything else ran flawlessly

asaqwert

Apr 5, 2011
Interesting....well I'm definitely going to wait until I hear more about it but that sure is promising.... might end up meaning that we will only need two forums...one for Snapdragon one for exynos....that would be great. Roms could then just be made with no modem included....

Hey I wonder though if that can be done why doesn't anyone do it? Habit from older phones or a good reason? I mean why build and compile different versions for different carriers etc if you could just post modems with a single rom (or two) and have people flash their own modem....?

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
hey DjeMBeY how about you post the instructions on how to extract the modem files, to convert them into both Odin and TWRP flash-able files?
that way we can help you get all the modem files for the different versions of Note 3 and its large array of modems.

the SM-N900W8 already have released a full list of update ROMs from all over the word, over at SAMfirmware

Reactions: DjeMBeY

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
hey DjeMBeY how about you post the instructions on how to extract the modem files, to convert them into both Odin and TWRP flash-able files?
that way we can help you get all the modem files for the different versions of Note 3 and its large array of modems.

the SM-N900W8 already have released a full list of update ROMs from all over the word, over at SAMfirmware
Yeah, good idea! I'm sooo busy ATM and it could help..
I just need modem.bin extracted from STOCK FW and compressed back as single file with correct name/model/version..
I'll repack it to tar.md5 and CWM ZIPs if possible.. I'm not sure if flashing through CWM will be possible on LTE versions! It is IMPOSSIBLE on S4 LTE (I9505) and it's a twin-brother so , we'll see... ;)

IamNoone

Oct 12, 2013
Flashing with root (dd of=/dev/block/*p2) seems to work well.
I suspect recovery is basically the same process.

asaqwert

Apr 5, 2011
Heres my dump of my modem. SM-N900W8 on Bell Mobility. N900W8VLUBMI5. This isnt a CWM Flashable zip.

http://d-h.st/lq3

how do i pack this and flash it to my phone?

i am trying to get my wind phone to work on bell's lte network

as it is, i have it working on the hspa+ network but the phone says 3g and the max download speeds i have seen yet was 16mbps on speedtest.net average was about 12-13 downtown and only 6 at my house (wind average is 4.5 downtown and 3.5-4 at my house)

btw my house is on the far end of town so i could see the companies not having quite the service down here as they would downtown....

lukemo

Feb 17, 2008
Milan
Flashing Custom ROM through Recovery on different models works fine but flashing incorrect modem can cause problems.

Following your and soloilmeglio indications to flash modems with odin for SM-N9005 gives no results (again stock MI6 modem trying to flash MJ1). I tried different odin versions (1.85, 3.04, 3.09), no way. Flashed three times as indicated with no autoreboot tick, no way. Do you think that flashing MJ1 stock could solve the problem (I have X-note 2.0). Is this only a problem of mine or any other XDA forum member did have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All modems (radio/baseband) are OFFICIAL and for the SM-N900/N9005 only!!

You can post here your recommended modems for various region/location/ carrier etc.
    Choosing right modem can make a huge difference as it affects reception, data speed, stability, battery life etc. Test them and then post here ;)

Different parts of the World have different LETTER CODE (first 2 - XX, ZH, DX, ...) ,
    Last 2 letters: I6 or J1 or ... tells you how old this modem is... higher letter, newer modem... simple as that...
    BTW, you need to test them all if you want to know differences in reception or data speeds...

If you have a modem or request for a missing, please feel free to post here and I’ll add it (credit given).
    Please use this Samsung Firmware checker to see what is your LETTER CODE

TIP of the day:
    Ok it worked.
    If anyone else is having issues with the baseband not changing, do this.
    1. Use Odin v3.04
    2. Untick Autoreboot
    3. Flash modem
    4. Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
    5. Flash Modem once more
    6. Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
    7. If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Flashing Guide

1. Download modem
    2. Extract, open "......tar.md5" as PHONE and press START
    3. Enjoy

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900​

more coming soon...

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N9005​

XXUBMI6 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMJ1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon....

Sources :

- samsung-updates
    - sammobile
    Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900W8

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900W8​

coming soon....
    Modems Collection [CWM/TWRP]

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900 ONLY!!​

more coming soon...

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 LTE - SM-N9005

NEED TO BE TESTED ...
    OK I have tried and tried but no luck!!!!!
    I downloaded your file and flashed in Odin 3.09 in a .tar file and as just modem.bin, in both AP and CP with and without rebooting but I am stuck on MJ4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please clarify the flashing process? Step, by, step.

Do you keep "Auto Reboot" ticked or not?
    Do you flash modem.bin OR modem.bin inside a .tar file? If so, how do you tar it? I use linux usually just tar -cvf modem.tar modem.bin.
    Do you flash it inside AP (PDA) or CP?

I am getting frustrated with this!

Ok with Odin 3.09 in CP slot

1. Shutdown phone and take for some secs battery out
    2. Download mode without reboot ticked and flash modem.bin
    3. Reboot manually after some secs and again in download mode and flash modem.bin again.
    4. Reboot manually again after some secs and flash hlos

And you are ready.

Many times even after shutdown some things are stay that's why the battery out and the dual writing of modem.bin

Hi, I bought my n9005 in france. Boot with french sim card. And went outside of europe. Everythings working fine.
    My question is: if i flash a new modem, is the region lock gonna come back ?
    If anyone could explain thank you

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Modem nothing has to do with region lock. You are safe in this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Sorry @DjeMBeY, I share here my way to flash modem's MJ4 and MJ7 from N9005 LTE.

I made a N9005-2modemsMJ4-RomMJ6.tar.md5 whit both modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin.
    (2modems means two files to one modem. For me must be flashed always together).

Flashed whit MobileOdin, worked very well. (on MO Chainfire call that modem and modem #2).

By Odin3 v3.09:

From a question on another Thread:

Yes but only after tried it very well. I have the Rom MJ7 modem MJ7.
    Flashed by Odin v3.09 this modem MJ4 and okay. On Settings/aboutPhone MJ4 alright.
    Speedtest.net on 3G ( my sim/card is 3G) download at 12 Mb/s. Not tested 4G.

https://meocloud.pt/link/ed71f278-f326-43c6-ae82-e0fe29ce4f69/N9005-2modems-XXUDMJ4-RomMJ6.tar.md5

Flashed now the next modem MJ7 okay also. On settings I have MJ7, Speedtest.net the same, 12 Mb/s.

https://meocloud.pt/link/7d77deeb-85f4-4324-b777-3170850752c3/N9005-2modems-DMJ7-RomDMJ7.tar.md5

For me worked well. Try it at Your risk, alright?

EDIT1: Tried on Stock Rom only. Download Mode by Power off --> power + vol-down + home --> vol-up.