[REF] GALAXY NOTE 3 (SM-N900/N900W8/N9005) GSM MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Okay for the person who said nb7 is the only one I ended up download nc3 modem from telcel and it has deff given me a huge improvement of speed for internet

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Where are you seeing NC3 from Telcel.....I only see NC1

EDIT; NVM - The Firmware is NC1 but the Modem is NC3

Attachments

• NC1Telcel.jpg
    NC1Telcel.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Lol Ya just take the modem out of the .tar file and flash with Odin
3.0.9 no factory reset

Well yeah - kinda knew that - I'd previously flashed the NB7 modem while I was on the 4.3 bootloader - You just extract what you want from the Firmware ?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Okay for the person who said nb7 is the only one I ended up download nc3 modem from telcel and it has deff given me a huge improvement of speed for internet

Well - Yes the Telcel NC3 modem is newer than the NB7... Is it any better?
For some people it might be - Depends on your location and Network.

I just flashed the NC3 Telcel modem - Meh - I don't really see much of a difference between it and the NB7... But that's just me.

For anyone who wants to give the NC3 Telcel modem a try - Here's a link to my Dropbox - It'll save the trouble of downloading the full Firmware ?

Remember - Download to your pc and Flash with Odin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djw0tzx4qrd0hnu/modem.bin

y2uneheg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jon3sh

cybernet707

Jun 22, 2014
sim unlock

Can anyone make one for nf1?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Im trying to sim unlock my uk vodafone n9005 i rooted it with towelroot and then used root checker to c if it was rooted and it sed it was then i used superus to do binary and disable knox which it did then i tried my new sim and it still says input unlock pin is there a way to unlock my phone so i can put in a different sim thanks

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Im trying to sim unlock my uk vodafone n9005 i rooted it with towelroot and then used root checker to c if it was rooted and it sed it was then i used superus to do binary and disable knox which it did then i tried my new sim and it still says input unlock pin is there a way to unlock my phone so i can put in a different sim thanks
Rooting your device - is not the same as SIM Unlocking your device - Google Search "Unlock N9005" - You'll find quite a few options ?

Reactions: tkjeeper

sauron82

Jun 12, 2012
Toronto
Well - Yes the Telcel NC3 modem is newer than the NB7... Is it any better?
For some people it might be - Depends on your location and Network.

I just flashed the NC3 Telcel modem - Meh - I don't really see much of a difference between it and the NB7... But that's just me.

For anyone who wants to give the NC3 Telcel modem a try - Here's a link to my Dropbox - It'll save the trouble of downloading the full Firmware ?

Does it work in Canada? Latest modem for Canadian firmwares is NB7.

Click thanks if I helped you
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Does it work in Canada? Latest modem for Canadian firmwares is NB7.

Click thanks if I helped you
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah - it works - Better than NB7... Depends... I'm probably going to flash back to NB7 - I certainly haven't seen any improvement with NC3 in my area..

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

BTW It would be really helpful (and thoughtful) if you download a Firmware - and extract the modem.bin - Post a link to your Dropbox or Drive... And perhaps the OP could add them to the OP - This way - This thread could be even more of a resource! ?

x1kc

Sep 14, 2006
hey guys quick question

is it possible now to flash n900w8 modem onto hk n9005 ?

thanks

D

Deleted member 2488575

Can the OP or a mod update the post so that it links the NB7 modem for the SM-N900W8 I hate haven't to go through all these pages to find it.

justinliu

Oct 24, 2012
I'm having an issue getting my modem to flash. I tried the methods mentioned in this thread:

I'm trying to go from XXUFNF2 to ZHUENF1 and although odin tells me the flash is successful, the baseband still remains NF2.

I've tried flashing twice with the self reboot method at the beginning of this thread, also tried flashing twice with a battery pull in between the flashes. Still doesn't work. Any idea whats wrong?

Mo6152

May 15, 2011
I have a German n9005. Does anyone know what modem I can flash on it that will support the 700 MHz LTE band?

[email protected]

Jul 9, 2014
Briked SM-N9005

Hi
note 3 SM-9005 is brinked , it wont turn ,,,, but it detect as Qullcomm ,,,,,,,,,,,, . i did try to unbrink with image file , i use use 32gb microsdcard , with imager programe , when i try , it wont work i try many image files, but still no result

this happent when i was trying to use Z3x ,, i write efs and after that

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hi
note 3 SM-9005 is brinked , it wont turn ,,,, but it detect as Qullcomm ,,,,,,,,,,,, . i did try to unbrink with image file , i use use 32gb microsdcard , with imager programe , when i try , it wont work i try many image files, but still no result

this happent when i was trying to use Z3x ,, i write efs and after that
Can you get the phone into Download Mode? Can you also provide more information about your device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All modems (radio/baseband) are OFFICIAL and for the SM-N900/N9005 only!!

You can post here your recommended modems for various region/location/ carrier etc.
    Choosing right modem can make a huge difference as it affects reception, data speed, stability, battery life etc. Test them and then post here ;)

Different parts of the World have different LETTER CODE (first 2 - XX, ZH, DX, ...) ,
    Last 2 letters: I6 or J1 or ... tells you how old this modem is... higher letter, newer modem... simple as that...
    BTW, you need to test them all if you want to know differences in reception or data speeds...

If you have a modem or request for a missing, please feel free to post here and I’ll add it (credit given).
    Please use this Samsung Firmware checker to see what is your LETTER CODE

CWM/TWRP (Custom Recovery) flashable MODEMS in post #3​

TIP of the day:
    Ok it worked.
    If anyone else is having issues with the baseband not changing, do this.
    1. Use Odin v3.04
    2. Untick Autoreboot
    3. Flash modem
    4. Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
    5. Flash Modem once more
    6. Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
    7. If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Flashing Guide

1. Download modem
    2. Extract, open "......tar.md5" as PHONE and press START
    3. Enjoy

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900​

DDUBMI3 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DDUBMI4 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DXUBMI1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

UBUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon...

CWM/TWRP (Custom Recovery) flashable MODEMS in post #3​

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N9005​

XXUBMI6 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMJ1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon....

Sources :

- samsung-updates
    - sammobile
    Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900W8

Odin flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900W8​

coming soon....
    Modems Collection [CWM/TWRP]

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - SM-N900 ONLY!!​

DDUBMI3 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DDUBMI4 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

DXUBMI1 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

UBUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

XXUBMI2 - Download: <<< Dev-Host >>>

more coming soon...

CWM/TWRP flashable modems for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 LTE - SM-N9005

NEED TO BE TESTED ...
    OK I have tried and tried but no luck!!!!!
    I downloaded your file and flashed in Odin 3.09 in a .tar file and as just modem.bin, in both AP and CP with and without rebooting but I am stuck on MJ4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please clarify the flashing process? Step, by, step.

Do you keep "Auto Reboot" ticked or not?
    Do you flash modem.bin OR modem.bin inside a .tar file? If so, how do you tar it? I use linux usually just tar -cvf modem.tar modem.bin.
    Do you flash it inside AP (PDA) or CP?

I am getting frustrated with this!

Ok with Odin 3.09 in CP slot

1. Shutdown phone and take for some secs battery out
    2. Download mode without reboot ticked and flash modem.bin
    3. Reboot manually after some secs and again in download mode and flash modem.bin again.
    4. Reboot manually again after some secs and flash hlos

And you are ready.

Many times even after shutdown some things are stay that's why the battery out and the dual writing of modem.bin

Hi, I bought my n9005 in france. Boot with french sim card. And went outside of europe. Everythings working fine.
    My question is: if i flash a new modem, is the region lock gonna come back ?
    If anyone could explain thank you

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Modem nothing has to do with region lock. You are safe in this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Sorry @DjeMBeY, I share here my way to flash modem's MJ4 and MJ7 from N9005 LTE.

I made a N9005-2modemsMJ4-RomMJ6.tar.md5 whit both modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin.
    (2modems means two files to one modem. For me must be flashed always together).

Flashed whit MobileOdin, worked very well. (on MO Chainfire call that modem and modem #2).

By Odin3 v3.09:

From a question on another Thread:

Yes but only after tried it very well. I have the Rom MJ7 modem MJ7.
    Flashed by Odin v3.09 this modem MJ4 and okay. On Settings/aboutPhone MJ4 alright.
    Speedtest.net on 3G ( my sim/card is 3G) download at 12 Mb/s. Not tested 4G.

https://meocloud.pt/link/ed71f278-f326-43c6-ae82-e0fe29ce4f69/N9005-2modems-XXUDMJ4-RomMJ6.tar.md5

Flashed now the next modem MJ7 okay also. On settings I have MJ7, Speedtest.net the same, 12 Mb/s.

https://meocloud.pt/link/7d77deeb-85f4-4324-b777-3170850752c3/N9005-2modems-DMJ7-RomDMJ7.tar.md5

For me worked well. Try it at Your risk, alright?

EDIT1: Tried on Stock Rom only. Download Mode by Power off --> power + vol-down + home --> vol-up.