[REF] How Infrared is (not) working on LePro3 - some infos for IR devs

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
So we still don't have a solution for a non root stock? The reason I ask because the stock IR app is suck (didn't detect my TCL TV and some other infrared ACs and others....). I used Anyremote app with my LG G5 its awesome

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
LOS 14.1 (Nougat) by Team Superluminal works with IR and Anymote (I use the paid app version). It doesn't work at learning IR commands from other IR remotes (it is not possible to "duplicate" a remote placing it in front to the phone's IR sensor, at least the Anymote report a fail in the attempt).
Root and Xposed are not required. Cheers!

Last edited:

HopelesRomantc91

Dec 2, 2008
LOS 14.1 (Nougat) by Team Superluminal works with IR and Anymote (I use the paid app version). It doesn't work at learning IR commands from other IR remotes (it is not possible to "duplicate" a remote placing it in front to the phone's IR sensor, at least the Anymote report a fail in the attempt).
Root and Xposed are not required. Cheers!
How about on other ROMs?

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
I'm sorry, I don't know if it works on other Roms. TS rom is the first rom I have installed on this phone, it has proved to be stable and functional at least as a stock one (for my needs) and I have not changed it yet. Simply, I can't hold the phone in "pit stop" for no reason and I can't try other roms, at least for now! Cheers!

Sent from my LEX720 using XDA Labs

HopelesRomantc91

Dec 2, 2008
So I'm gonna go back to my original question but reword it: is there a way for me to gain this functionality on any ROM without using Xposed? I understand some ROMs have this built in, but what about for ROMs that don't have it but in? Is there a flashable zip, or some files I can just copy since I'm rooted?

Last edited:

trizex

Oct 21, 2006
So I'm gonna go back to me original question but reword it: is there a way for me to gain this functionality on any ROM without using Xposed? I understand some ROMs have this built in, but what about for ROMs that don't have it but in? Is there a flashable zip, or some files I can just copy since I'm rooted?
Well, it has to be supported in the kernel, besides the leeco app itself, if its not a EUI based rom. If its a stock based rom with functional leeco remote app, you can obviously use that, but for 3rd party apps, you need xposed.

HopelesRomantc91

Dec 2, 2008
Well, it has to be supported in the kernel, besides the leeco app itself, if its not a EUI based rom. If its a stock based rom with functional leeco remote app, you can obviously use that, but for 3rd party apps, you need xposed.
So the only way to get this functionality is through Xposed or if it's but into the kernel? Does anyone have a flashable kernel for this? Or is there a way to take the files out of the Xposed mod and flash them over my ROM or something?

BigFatTony

Jan 22, 2011
www.panorama.ch.vu
SELinux

I'm running LineageOS 14.1 and the IR blaster works if I set SELinux to permissive.
This means that SELinux doesn't allow IR apps to access certain file(s), right? Which one? /sys/remote/enable? Does anyone have a SELinux policy that solves the problem?

Darktron13

Apr 14, 2013
Tried the xposed module on Android 8.1 with a leremote zip file and got stuck at bootloop
is there anyway to use 3rd party ir apps in oreo?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Tried the xposed module on Android 8.1 with a leremote zip file and got stuck at bootloop
is there anyway to use 3rd party ir apps in oreo?
The leremote zip is fine alone it does what is supposed to do

20enes20

Aug 20, 2018
Le pro 3

Hi friends I have le pro 3 X720 but I have a problem my phone.All apps say "You don't have IR transmitter" but I have. I think because of root what can I do? I'm using android 8.1 and I can not use original le tv app why I a can not use do you kniw