100% works for all Gingerbread, ICS and JellyBean ROMs TouchWiz Stock/Custom and AOSP/AOKP.
Works with new ICS and JB (4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2) ROMs
Italian translate by Willy89
1) You need a JIG. You can buy it or create its own
2) Download attached zip archive and extract it to some folder
3) Reboot you device in download mode - turn it off, than hold volume down + center button + power button. Wait for the warning message and press volume up
4) Plug it to you PC
5) Start Odin from extracted folder and choose '1.tar' file for PDA flash. You must get the same settings:
6) Press Start and wait for the completion of the flashing
7) After reboot you should get black and dead screen. Unplug USB from PC. Long press power button (15-20 seconds). Remove battery for 5 seconds, plug in JIG, put battery back. Wait for 40 seconds, press power button for 5 seconds, remove JIG, long press power button (15-20 seconds), remove battery
8) Put battery back, hold volume down + center button + power button for 10-15 seconds, press volume up, plug it to you PC
10) Press Start and wait for the completion of the flashing
At points 7-10 the screen will not work!
After these steps you will get:
- No yellow triangle
- Custom binary download value will set to 'NO'
- Current binary value will set to 'SAMSUNG OFFICIAL'
Will it work for new stock gingerbread, ics, custom, cyanogen, miui and other firmware?
All gingerbread ROMs and ICS except CLP5 and CLP6 (some users report about incompatibility). Better don't use this reset counter instruction if you have those ICS ROMs.
Do I need root for this?
Does not work, yellow triangle is not disappeared!
Carefully follow all 10 points of instruction.
I am having trouble, black screen after a 10th point!
Try reboot your device. Remove battery for 10 seconds and plug it back.
Odin can't recognize USB plug at 4 or 8 point. + Windows can't detect device or identifies as "Unknown device".
Try another USB port. Try reinstall kies or remove it and install only galaxy note drivers (link1, link2). If not helped try another PC.
Will this work on the Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Nexus?
No! You will break your phone. Works and tested for GT-N7000 and GT-I9220.
Will this work on the SGH-I717 (AT&T)?
Not tested yet.
Will I have a problem with a warranty? Can they identify the use of this counter reset?
There is absolutely no chance to detect this binary reset at service center.