[REF]New Reg Tweak Better Cube Performance

Search This thread

bereda

Nov 20, 2007
this tweak will reduce the amount of pressure it takes to use the cube gestures

1 open reg editing software
2 navigate to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\software\OEM\TFLOSettings
3. in HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\software\OEM\TFLOSettings find DWORD fingerpressure...
4. enter in to edit mode then either double or quadruple your oem setting which is 3760
5. !!!!!!!!!*******DO NOT decrease the OEM value only increase IT WILL ACTUALLY TAKE MORE PRESSURE********!!!!!!!!
6. soft reset then enjoy reduced pressure gestures!!

...............................................................................................................

also figure out this could lessen normal wear and tear(scratching of protectors/PDA screens) since lesser pressure is applied to Tap the screen

here's what i did..

thru the PHM registry editor(or any PPC registry editor)

go to..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\TouchPanel

then find DWORD PressureThreshold'

Change the value of PressureThreshold.(INCREASE value ONLY!!!)

i tried doubling the default value. until i have reached my desired setting.

now,its like tapping soflty without having a feeling that i have screen protector. Also less stress on the stylus and screen and faster tapping.:)

WARNING: Only INCREASE THE VALUE BUT NEVER THE DECREASE THE DEFAULT VALUE.

Lowering the value of Pressure Threshold means you need to apply more pressure in tapping than you normally do.

bereda

Nov 20, 2007
there are more reg hacks im working on like im speeding up the movement of the cube and other things like speaker phone volume ill be posting all of them here i try them first and make sure they work before telling them to everyone

mrtical

Nov 25, 2007
Instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\TouchPanel

I searched the DWORD PressureTreshold and found it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel

maybe there are different Versions and other Destinations of the Key TouchPanel.

tiftof

Dec 26, 2007
Very nice tweak! I always thought I had to apply to much pressure to the screen even before I was using the screenprotector.

Thanks for this!

Edit: it is also much nicer to work with the PCM keyboard now! Typing goes smoother.

Last edited:

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
Great Tweaks!!!!!

hey man these are great tweaks. I jus added these tweaks to the Touch Wiki, keep em' coming man

and yeah as some members suggested it is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel

can u verify this bereda, so as to reduce the posts which doubts the location of the registry key

:D

Last edited:

NP9660

Oct 24, 2007
Belgium
I just will add this tweak also on my elf with Blue Touch 4.0 ROM and my value is already 9518. So Swiftblade ROM users dont have to add this tweak i guess :)

tiftof

Dec 26, 2007
I just will add this tweak also on my elf with Blue Touch 4.0 ROM and my value is already 9518. So Swiftblade ROM users dont have to add this tweak i guess :)

Are you talking about HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\software\OEM\TFLOSettings\fingerpressure or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\TouchPanel\pressurethreshold. My first value was 3681 instead of 3761 and my second one was 9350. I just doubled them both.

NP9660

Oct 24, 2007
Belgium
Are you talking about HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\software\OEM\TFLOSettings\fingerpressure or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\TouchPanel\pressurethreshold. My first value was 3681 instead of 3761 and my second one was 9350. I just doubled them both.

Im talking about HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Drivers\TouchPanel\ pressurethreshold

tiftof

Dec 26, 2007
Like I said, I doubled that one anyway. There is nothing being said about a default value for that one in the first post. I think doubling that variable is why pressing keys on my PCM keyboard and the overall "touchscreen experience" is going better.

pmgpriebe

Jan 19, 2008
Its wierd.. I change the first one but the second tells me access denied.. even restarted the phone and tried connecting again.. I can change the first one.. but I can't change the one inside the TouchPanel directory..

Im using Mobile Registry Editor.. its pretty simple.. can't even search in it so I want to try something else.. Im going to search around for one but if someone wants to let me know what they prefer that would be awesome..

bereda

Nov 20, 2007
Instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\TouchPanel

I searched the DWORD PressureTreshold and found it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel

maybe there are different Versions and other Destinations of the Key TouchPanel.

hey guys sorry for the delay the you are correct this is where the registery is located as listed above!!!!

my settings are actually quadrupled but its amazing im actually working on speeding up the cubes spins andhow fast it reacts!!!

my touchpanel threshold is at 38372

and my touchflo is at 15040
its great for me

aftershocks

Nov 15, 2007
For the TouchFlo, I found that it did have an effect.. however, I tried adjusting the PressureThreshold and didn't notice much difference... :(

Thanks for the tweak!

daem.monium

Jan 29, 2008
Its wierd.. I change the first one but the second tells me access denied.. even restarted the phone and tried connecting again.. I can change the first one.. but I can't change the one inside the TouchPanel directory..

Same here. "access denied".
Any way to go around this, to change the pressurethreshold value?