[REF] Nexus 6 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
AT&T rolling out NBD91W (7.0.0) for some reason. Anyone here catch the update URL?

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tut...ep_KM1138351?make=Motorola&model=Nexus6XT1103

Release date: January 25, 2017
Android version: 7.0.0
Security patch level (SPL): January 5, 2017
Baseband version: MDM9625_104670.31.05.42R
Kernel version: 3.10.40
Build number: 7.0/NBD91W/3532391
File size: 26MB
Software version: NBD91W
- See more at: https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tut...ep_KM1138351?make=Motorola&model=Nexus6XT1103

Reactions: Sachin

goodwir1

Mar 15, 2013
Issues with Jan 2017 Security Patch and Sideloading

So like the typical user I updated to the latest security on my nexus 6 running Android 6.0.1 so my current build number is MOB31S and has a build date of 1483992981 for Jan 9 2017. I am trying to sideload either 7.0 or 7.1.1 and I am getting error E3003 saying that I cannot sideload because it will not allow me to install an older build over a newer one. Poor design to look at just a build date but hey it is what it is. So I have tried to update to the .zip files and it fails the integrity checks.

So what I believe I need is a 7.1.1 OTA zip that has an updated build date greater than the one that I have on my phone and has the proper integrity so that it will install. I just don't know how to find/or make something like that. Also long story short, I cannot root my phone because of using my company's email software "Good for enterprise" because it will no longer work and I will loose my ability to get my email and calendar and to add I will also loose my small company reimbursement as well.

Any help and changing the build date in the OTA zip I have or providing a new zip with the correct build date would be amazing.

Thanks in advance for your help

pcrussell50

Jan 5, 2008
santa barbara, ca
Sadly, that's to be expected, mate. But if you know how to sideload, you are practically "there" when it comes to flashing. You can flash the 7.1.1 image directly. Then relock your bootloader if you want and resume with OTAs as they come. Which at this point, may only be monthly security patches. Which you will probably have to sideload, because while Google is making the updates and putting them up on their OTA site, they don't seem to be actually sending them out over the network. Droid Life is saying that there won't be a 7.2.x for the Nexus 6.

-Peter

goodwir1

Mar 15, 2013
Sadly, that's to be expected, mate. But if you know how to sideload, you are practically "there" when it comes to flashing. You can flash the 7.1.1 image directly. Then relock your bootloader if you want and resume with OTAs as they come. Which at this point, may only be monthly security patches. Which you will probably have to sideload, because while Google is making the updates and putting them up on their OTA site, they don't seem to be actually sending them out over the network. Droid Life is saying that there won't be a 7.2.x for the Nexus 6.

-Peter

Thanks. A buddy of mine at work did something like that and even used the utility that would reset the flash counter and the "GFE email" still complained and he even used the triangle away and that did not help. So that is my concern with root and then unroot. Here then is my second idea if i cannot get the 7.1.1 with an updated build date greater than what I have currently can just uninstall the Jan security patch to go back to Dec security one and then update to 7.1.1. I found a reference to this at this url( That i am not allow to post yet, but basically says that in airplane mode to use the 360 security to remove the "Com.System.Patch" ) . I am not sure if that would work or not either but it is just another idea.

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks. A buddy of mine at work did something like that and even used the utility that would reset the flash counter and the "GFE email" still complained and he even used the triangle away and that did not help. So that is my concern with root and then unroot. Here then is my second idea if i cannot get the 7.1.1 with an updated build date greater than what I have currently can just uninstall the Jan security patch to go back to Dec security one and then update to 7.1.1. I found a reference to this at this url( That i am not allow to post yet, but basically says that in airplane mode to use the 360 security to remove the "Com.System.Patch" ) . I am not sure if that would work or not either but it is just another idea.

FYI... No one was suggesting that you root your device. Only that you unlock your bootloader and then flash a factory image using ADB then re-locking your bootloader.

pcrussell50

Jan 5, 2008
santa barbara, ca
Ok So unlocking the boot loader and then flashing will wipe out everything but put me to 7.1.1 and then I would lock the boot loader and then put the "Good for Enterprise" ?

Yes. Exactly that. Are you comfortable with the differences between flashing and OTA? Make sure you don't try to flash the OTA file. You need the factory Nexus image from a different site... Still Google, but not the OTA site.

Report back. I'm off work till Saturday. I'll help as I'm able.

-Peter

bhasb

Apr 13, 2012
My Phone's Build number is NBD90Z with Android version 7.0, please suggest me which version to download and sideload

Top Liked Posts