This is a list of all known OTA's for the Samsung Gear Live watch
The Gear Live has it's ROMs built directly by google, instead of Samsung.
How to flash:
- Stock recovery
- Unmodified /system
- Unlocked bootloader
- Basic understanding of command line/shell
- Unlock your bootloader
- Download and set up adb and fastboot
- Reboot into fastboot mode
- Open up a command prompt/shell where you saved fastboot
- enter into command prompt/shell: "fastboot oem unlock"
- Enter recovery mode via onscreen buttons
- Enable recovery ui
- (How do you do this for this device?)
- Set up adb
- Select apply update from adb
- enter into command prompt: "adb sideload <path to saved update.zip>
- How to find the ota?
- If you're rooted, wait for the device to prompt you to update, then check /cache for the file
- If you're not rooted, wait until the same time and do an adb logcat and look for a line with .zip in it
- Why isn't the latest ota listed?
- We can only list what we have, if the ota from Build X to Build Y isn't listed, we dont have the file for it yet.
- How do you setup adb/fastboot
- Please read the stickies in the general subforum, this is not a formal guide
- Do I need to unlock the bootloader to flash the update zip?
- Yes, if you wish to do it manually.
If you allow android to prompt for the update, you do not need to unlock
- Can I flash this if I have a custom rom?
- No, you must be on a stock AND unmodified rom
- Can I flash this if I'm rooted?
- Only if you have not modified any files
- Dec 16, 2014: Added LWX48P
- Oct 24, 2014: Added KNX01Q
- Sep 11, 2014: Changed Page Layout to match my other pages
- Sep 8, 2014: Added KKV81/KMV78X → KGW42N
- Sep 4, 2014: Added KMV78Y → KGW42N
- Aug 8, 2014: Added KMV78X → KMV78Y
- Aug 7, 2014: Added KKV81/KMV78N → KMV78Y
- Jul 29, 2014: Added: KMV78N → KMV78X
- Jul 18, 2014: Added: KKV81 → KMV78X
- Jun 27, 2014: Initial page