[REF] [Sense 2.5 tweaks & mods][CABS] Last updated 12/02-2010 -10:20

Search This thread

midnght69

Sep 1, 2008
SMS Message Threading

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the SMS message threading in the new HTC Sense 2.5? I have a tilt 2, and I just installed the upgrade, but I can't find a tweak or config program that let's me turn this off. I just don't like it, and would like to go back to the earlier way of viewing messages. Is there anything out there to help mw with this?

erdoke

Oct 4, 2008
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the SMS message threading in the new HTC Sense 2.5? I have a tilt 2, and I just installed the upgrade, but I can't find a tweak or config program that let's me turn this off. I just don't like it, and would like to go back to the earlier way of viewing messages. Is there anything out there to help mw with this?

I haven't tried this, but there is an entry called Thread Mode under HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCMessaging, and default value is 1. You can try to change it to 0. A reboot may be needed, but at least a Manila restart will be necessary.
It's strange that this setting was left out from the Sense UI.

WallyGator

Jan 23, 2009
Outer space
I haven't tried this, but there is an entry called Thread Mode under HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCMessaging, and default value is 1. You can try to change it to 0. A reboot may be needed, but at least a Manila restart will be necessary.
It's strange that this setting was left out from the Sense UI.

I think there is an option in Sense: open Messages tab, then All Messages button and then Menu -> Settings. There should be Traditional Mode (if You have turned on conversations) or Conversation mode.
Also on Settings tab You couls tap Others and then Text Messaging.

erdoke

Oct 4, 2008
I think there is an option in Sense: open Messages tab, then All Messages button and then Menu -> Settings. There should be Traditional Mode (if You have turned on conversations) or Conversation mode.
Also on Settings tab You couls tap Others and then Text Messaging.

These options are not available in new Sense (with new HTC Messaging) versions. That's why it emerged as a question, Settings must be the first thing to check for everybody.

Last edited:

erdoke

Oct 4, 2008
I use Sense 2.5.2016 with HTC Messaging 1.8.2016.4224 and there is that option...

Currently I have Sense 2012 and HTC Messaging 2015 and after restart there is indeed the good old "Traditional Mode" option showing at Messaging settings. :D
However, I still can't find anything messaging related under Settings tab\ Others. :confused:

WallyGator

Jan 23, 2009
Outer space
Currently I have Sense 2012 and HTC Messaging 2015 and after restart there is indeed the good old "Traditional Mode" option showing at Messaging settings. :D
However, I still can't find anything messaging related under Settings tab\ Others. :confused:

Maybe try START -> Settings -> System. I have there Text Messaging shortcut...

BTW, I'm using grzegorz10 ROM on Blackstone, maybe You could try his ROM for HD2...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2008
i checked and show tranditional, when i click on it. it changed to the old format and removed the conversation. when i clicked on the conversion it changed it back from the traditional mode.
just click on the setting and it switch to the format you see. i hope that helped, i am using sense 2018 but works same on all i have used so far. the rom is duttys V11

nerys71

May 13, 2008
what about a mod for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXBHv7x1g2o

Someone suggested this

14/12 -09 Touch X Transparent Calendar.cab -background for calendar,alarm and date is transparent.
26/12 -09 Touch X Transparent Calendar but leave text.cab -background for calendar,alarm and date is transparent But text is still there.

but I am unsure if that is the same thing as calendar is "another" option to enable so it seems to be different.

Thanks

ausi

Mar 4, 2007
Bottom LEDs

Does anyone know of a way to have the LEDs at the bottom of the Device light up constantly when using External Power?

maoz59

Jul 28, 2010
Hi,
Any chance to create a quick link to "HTC Sense Notification" screen?

Thanks.

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Did you mean the fullscreen where you can see the network, the battery status and the notifications about the new message, missing calls, etc?
If yes, then why tick you simply on the top bar where the icons and battery are?

maoz59

Jul 28, 2010
Did you mean the fullscreen where you can see the network, the battery status and the notifications about the new message, missing calls, etc?
If yes, then why tick you simply on the top bar where the icons and battery are?

because the the upper bar on my HD mini is so small.. that I have to click 10 times before I actually getting this fullscreen..
any ideas?

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
I understand you now.
I searched for you "create shortcut notification" or "shortcut service.exe" or "service.exe parameters" but I found nothing sensible for you.
I'm sorry.

ausi

Mar 4, 2007
Hi
Since a few weeks I've being trying to upgrade my HD2 ROM from "Energy.Leo.23148.Sense2.5.Cookie.Nov.19 " (excellent ROM) to a newer ROM but all of them are giving me a slight problem that after installing my RTL language the em "Inbox" menu is transfered to the right column instead of staying as the Left column. This causes a number of problems when sorting and reading em's.

If anyone can direct me to some sort of a Registry fix/ Tweak for this I would be very grateful.

xda2012

Oct 8, 2010
does the all cab files suitable for htc hd2 (windows mobile 6.5) becouse I wanted to make transparent my home screen and I'd installed to my phone but after installation my phone locked :eek: a little bit later. and I had to install the original rom to fix it. :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts