[REF][UPDATED 09/08]List of Diamond Tweaks

Search This thread

undac

Dec 27, 2007

actually both of us are wrong
according to advanced config 128 kb corresponds to a registry value of 256
8 mb corresponds to 16384 and thus 16 MB would be 32768
or perhaps something is screwed up with advanced config (seems really strange that 256 in the registry should be 128 kb.. etc. right?)
EDIT: just figured out the registry setting sets the number of sectors and thus it would be twice the value of the desired amount in bytes

in any case: it's pointless to change it twice (not that it really matters, it's just an observation)

Last edited:

Adam86

Prevent screen switching off during phone call --> HKEY_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastD ormantDisplayDuringCall to 0

This is not working for me. Anyone else? It really gets on my boobies when the screen goes off as well!

It worked once, then stopped working completely, even after a soft reset.

Not only that but checked registry entries a second time and since then the backlight is staying on constantly the battery has just completely drained almost (only noticed about 10 minutes ago :p)

david-v

Jan 13, 2007
's-Hertogenbosch
www.a701.org
Did anyone perform a benchmark test before and after the changes? I would like to know what the improvement is after this changes. I normally use this benchmark tool, but any other one is ok too. Could anyone run a benchmark and share the results (the "before" and "after" score)?

thanks

WorldIRC

Apr 26, 2007
Toronto
actually both of us are wrong
according to advanced config 128 kb corresponds to a registry value of 256
8 mb corresponds to 16384 and thus 16 MB would be 32768
or perhaps something is screwed up with advanced config (seems really strange that 256 in the registry should be 128 kb.. etc. right?)
EDIT: just figured out the registry setting sets the number of sectors and thus it would be twice the value of the desired amount in bytes

in any case: it's pointless to change it twice (not that it really matters, it's just an observation)

That's really weird. Must be a Taiwan thing ;)

hoj88

Jun 10, 2008
Prevent screen switching off during phone call --> HKEY_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastD ormantDisplayDuringCall to 0

This is not working for me. Anyone else? It really gets on my boobies when the screen goes off as well!

Yes, it also worked only the first time for me. After that, it didn't work anymore despite the registry setting still showing 0.

marauderz

Nov 8, 2005
the tweak

11. Disable Enlarged Title bar (when you click on a notification) to the default WM behavior: HKLM->Software->HTC->EnlargeTitleBar - and change "Enable" from 1 to 0.

can also be accessed by going to settings->system->touch flo->show status screen when tray area tapped.

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
please review the following:

warning!:

the following registry settings can cause handset to freeze on soft reset. message on screen: "tap here to start touchflo 3d". screen is not responding.
Hard reset will be required. So far we received many reports by customers attempting the following registry tweak. Hard reset was the only option to address the issue:

1.34.xxx rom - confirmed. intermitent issue. it will ocur sonner or later. please take note!
It works fine on my phone (Rom 1.35.xxx). I've done a few hard resets and modified this value every time without any problems.

KraFT_mk

Feb 12, 2008
Macedonia
WARNING ...

Pocket mechanic has a Disk cache Utility that is activated after the default installation.

pmp_cache.jpg

I think this tool creates a conflict with "advanced config" registry settings.

Pocket Mechanic disk cache settings after the installation on Touch Diamond :

Disk Cache

Cache settings: Manual (Disabled, 2MB,4MB,8MB,12MB,16MB )

/ Enable /X/ (For File system Cash only)
/ File system cache : Auto (64k,128k,256k,768k,1024k,11264k,12288k,13312k14336k,15360k,16384k)

/ File filters cache : Auto (64k,128k,256k,768k,1024k,11264k,12288k,13312k14336k,15360k,16384k)
/ MS flash cache : Auto (64k,128k,256k,768k,1024k,11264k,12288k,13312k14336k,15360k,16384k)

Disable the tool if you are using advanced config settings ......

K

PS

1. Boost TFL3D Performance --> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072

What’s the registry change for those settings?
I would rather do all those settings manualy.
K

Last edited:

markoswahid

Jun 11, 2008
Hi How do go to HKLM? to change values and stuff.
Im srry but im a bit noob about tweaking.

Tanks, markos

Dark Fire

Aug 30, 2007
www.g400.co.uk

Bornin

Jun 11, 2008
Now I seem to have fixed the backlight time out but it still goes off when i put my phone to my ear, how do we fix that??

greets

ccozza

Jan 5, 2006
touch flo and hard reset

In my diamond instalation i haveno touch flo 3d......
i don't know what happned in the first installation.
anyone could help me or i no one know what can i cand do, how I can hard reset diamond?
i need help.....
thank'you

aragornol

Jun 8, 2008
look for the manual it`s described there ... hold down VOLUME DOWN button + ENTER (the middle button of circle) + press soft reset i guess ... and still hold buttons until message about reseting device appear

takaki

Sep 23, 2005
I've try to turn off the startup aninmation and sound by using Advanced Config 2.02.1.0.0
but it doesn't work.

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

After these changes, no more HTC logo animation and starup sound when I soft reset

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
I've try to turn off the startup aninmation and sound by using Advanced Config 2.02.1.0.0
but it doesn't work.

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

After these changes, no more HTC logo animation and starup sound when I soft reset
Added to the list

webvan

May 20, 2008
Most folks probably know this, but I think it would be useful to indicate that 3G can be turned on/off directly from the Com manager by adding that filed with Advanced Config - given the dreadful battery life of the Diamond it could help quite a bit !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup the tweak works but over time whilst your phone is on it will slowly get worse as the Diamond suffers from a big memory loss over time. I have that tweak and it works great but last night i found it extremely sluggish..looked at my memory and saw that it was down to 22mb or something like that and i wasnt even running anything...phone was on charge. But the tweak is useful, much better than it was when it came to me brand new.

ye i know what you mean,hopefully memory leak issue gets sloved in upcoming roms,as you mentioned about memory i checked mine it was 37mb ,i performed a softreset and got up to 50mb thats a huge difference,i am expecting it will go down to about 35 over night or something,will see how it goes.
    Remap Softkeys

dear tweakers ))

i'm sure that someone in here knows exactly how to help my little problem of remapping softkeys / shortcuts:

1) i would really like to have left softkey in HTC PhoneCanvas (cprog.exe) mapped to usual voice CALL ( not VIDEO CALL by default)

-- solved -- 2) and the other thing is CALENDAR shortcut (next to callhistory) in Manila Home tab, need it to be mapped to SecondToday app (with pocketbreeze) not the default Calendar app.

i'm willing to pay for those tweaks, coz they will simplify my life a lot.
    pm me or something.

thank you all in advance.
    sd memory

what about

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class]
    "DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000000

since diamond doesn't have SD memory card, should you add it to the first post instead of SIM_Class?
    Volume increment

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the increment/decrement value for the HTC volume using the hard keys?

I often like to set the phone to the lowest volume but when using the hard buttons it jumps too much and I have to get out the stylus to set to it to the required volume.

Any help will be appreciated!
    DialPad Vibrate

Despite it's something general and not ONLY Diamond related, could we add this to the first post?