Refined Note 8 7.1.1. (Exynos) [UPDATED] Mod RisingNote4 ver. 2.3

Search This thread

rotsvanhulp

Jun 30, 2016
Good day,
Just want to make sure...
This ROM is flashed on top of LineageOS 17.1?
My phone stayed on LineageOS after flash.
I did Wipe DATA, CACHE and DALVIC.
Also, how can I revert back to SELinux? I have opted for Trust...
Or doesn't it matter?
Thanks in advance

_konup_

Dec 11, 2020
Russia
Good day,
Just want to make sure...
This ROM is flashed on top of LineageOS 17.1?
My phone stayed on LineageOS after flash.
I did Wipe DATA, CACHE and DALVIC.
Also, how can I revert back to SELinux? I have opted for Trust...
Or doesn't it matter?
Thanks in advance
I think it’s better to flash in Odin last stock firmware for your model. Better service 4 files. Then install Refined Note 8 7.1.1.

hotdroid

Feb 16, 2014
Health to all.. this is my first comment from long hiatus.. lol

i need advises from you guys..

Hi konup, thanks for this great rom, i starts using this rom coming from official firmware 6.0.1.
the major problem i got is that i can't use LTE/4G network, only available in 2G network.

previously i can solve this by using code *#2263# to choose and lock 4G band, but the code not working in this rom.
i also tried to change CSC in the system/omc, but i can't see my country (XID) in it.
if you have the source omc/XID, it would be great if you can share it..

_konup_

Dec 11, 2020
Russia
the major problem i got is that i can't use LTE/4G network, only available in 2G network.
LTE is working. Maybe the Smart mobile network is turned on and configured to turn on 2G? To check, disable Smart mobile network if it is enabled
previously i can solve this by using code *#2263# to choose and lock 4G band
Yes, code *#2263# is no longer supported. If the stock switching of the network type does not work, then you can try this: Settings, then Custom settings, then the Service menu and select 4G_Switcher.
No, I don't have files for xid

Reactions: hotdroid

hotdroid

Feb 16, 2014
LTE is working. Maybe the Smart mobile network is turned on and configured to turn on 2G? To check, disable Smart mobile network if it is enabled

Yes, code *#2263# is no longer supported. If the stock switching of the network type does not work, then you can try this: Settings, then Custom settings, then the Service menu and select 4G_Switcher.

thx for the reply, but where i can find this Smart mobile network..? i can't find it in Settings..

i've flashed the latest Bootloader and Modem, now i can lock the option in Mobile Network to select 4G/3G/2G (auto connect), but Data Network Type only get nothing but 2G (Edge). change the APN settings also nothing happens.. :cry:

_konup_

Dec 11, 2020
Russia
thx for the reply, but where i can find this Smart mobile network..? i can't find it in Settings...
Settings-Connections or Network (i don’t remember how the first menu item is in English) or Tile on notification panel
i've flashed the latest Bootloader and Modem, now i can lock the option in Mobile Network to select 4G/3G/2G (auto connect), but Data Network Type only get nothing but 2G (Edge). change the APN settings also nothing happens.. :cry:
Only LTE is work?

hotdroid

Feb 16, 2014
Settings-Connections or Network (i don’t remember how the first menu item is in English) or Tile on notification panel
i can't find it..
here's my screenshot..
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 18.50.28.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 18.50.28 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 18.51.41.jpeg

only Edge (2G) is working
no HSDPA (3G), no LTE (4G)

hotdroid

Feb 16, 2014
Settings in screenshot is not from Ringnote4 mod. Settings from stock.
finally yeeeah..

thank you very much sir, for your reply..,

i reflashed all your 3 mods for REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2, wiped dalvik and cache..
now i can see the LTE/4G toggle, click for LTE, and voila..
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 20.53.10.jpeg

Спасибо 🙏

Thank you for making this mod. I installed it mod on my mother's phone and it almost works. The only thing that's broken is split screen mode. The moment I switch it on, the system starts crashing and won't stop crashing until a full restart – sometimes it freezes with a black screen and sometimes crashes each time I open an app, as it tries to go back to split screen mode. It's not a dealbreaker, as using split screen is optional.

Version: 2.3

_konup_

Dec 11, 2020
Russia
Thank you for making this mod. I installed it mod on my mother's phone and it almost works. The only thing that's broken is split screen mode. The moment I switch it on, the system starts crashing and won't stop crashing until a full restart – sometimes it freezes with a black screen and sometimes crashes each time I open an app, as it tries to go back to split screen mode. It's not a dealbreaker, as using split screen is optional.

Version: 2.3
Just checked, split screen works without errors. Logcat?

Just checked, split screen works without errors. Logcat?
I guess I could log it, but the smartphone isn't mine anymore. Maybe I'll get access tomorrow.
When I change screen scale to big, TouchWiz "bootloops" when I go to home screen. It only stops looping when I return scaling to medium or low. I think there's a chance to soft-brick it like that. If it wasn't for recent apps working, I wouldn't have been able to return the settings to default.

Do you prefer your logcat in ASSERT, DEBUG, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE or WARN flavor? There's also a new method called WTF: What a Terrible Failure :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Health to all ... I don't know English well, so google translation.
    2nd version of the mod RisingNote4 for Refined Note 8 7.1.1. (Exynos). Previously, the first version of the mod was not posted by me in the thread ROM][7.0][TW][Exynos][Stable]Refined Nougat N7FE Port 6.0. But the first versions of the mod were made for the region SER (Russia), so I did not upload the mod here. I will not describe everything that is in fashion. See screenshots, install and you won't be disappointed.
    When installing the mod, the cache and dalwick cache will be cleaned.
    Be sure to backup the system before...

Added:
    - work mode SmartStay with a tile;
    - enable / disable the display of the number of geolocation satellites in the status bar to the right of the geolocation icon (the upper value is the number of satellites in use, the lower value is the number in view) (Settings-Custom settings-Status-bar);
    - enable/disable display of the network signal level in asu and dBm in the status bar to the right of the signal level icon (upper value asu, lower dBm) (Settings-Custom settings-Status-bar);
    - tile Screen display time (not a third-party application);
    - tile Users (not a third-party application);
    - tile Floating Messages (not a third party application);
    - tile Grayscale (not a third-party application);
    - tile Data Saver (restriction of background data transfer) (not a third-party application);
    - network mode switching tile (not a third-party application);
    - tile auxiliary menu Samsung;
    - the name of the provider of the mobile Internet tile;
    - several menu items are activated in the Location settings;
    - working SmartView;
    Ported from firmware based on LineageOS:
    - smart mobile network mode and connection timers with tiles (Settings-Connections);
    - music visualization mode (Pulse) with a tile (Settings-Custom settings-Notification panel);
    - Compass tile;
    - tile No sleep (Caffeine);
    - tile USB modem;
    - tile Volume;
    - LTE tile;
    - tile switching to the extended desktop;
    Corrected:
    - sometimes a bug resetting the placement of tiles in the notification panel after rebooting SystemUI;
    - displaying the network level signal icon when changing the icon style in the settings;
    - correct switch on/off of some system icons in real time.
    - fix record phone call.
    - mobile network error.
    - port from Samsung OneUI dark mode without a third-party theme with a tile (the ability to set the dark / light mode manually or automatically: from dusk to dawn or according to a custom schedule) (not a third-party application);
    - Samsung Toolbox returned to Android 7.1.1 with a tile (not a third-party application);
    - adding status bar in the notification panel;
    - double status bar (switch between double and single status bar without reloading);
    - the ability to move the following elements to any part of the status bar: operator, notification icons, system icons, weather, stock network speed, custom network speed, battery, network signal, clock;
    - enable / disable analog clock in the status bar;
    - added a search button in the notification panel (enable / disable through the settings);
    - added a menu button to turn off the smartphone in the notification panel (enable / disable through the settings);
    - task manager in the notification panel (port from AOSP) (not a third-party application);
    - shutdown menu tile in the notification panel (not a third-party application);
    - changed the display mode of time and date in the notification panel;
    - enable / disable analog clock in the notification panel;
    - increased speed of automatic brightness adjustment;
    - grayscale in screen settings;
    - added control of physical buttons;
    - in the Phone settings, the location of the buttons for the icon style has been fixed: stock, 1 row.

RisingNote4 for RefinedNote8 7.1.1 ver.2.3 ( Click the button "Скачать")

RisingNote4 for RefinedNote8 7.1.1 ver.2.2 ( Click the button "Скачать")

Screenshot_18.11.21_11.05.45.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.05.59.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.06.21.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.06.42.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.06.53.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.07.11.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.07.25.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.07.45.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.08.02.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.08.14.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.08.29.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.08.44.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.09.28.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.09.48.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.10.05.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.10.13.jpg
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.13.46.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.25.09.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.25.47.png
    Screenshot_18.11.21_11.34.54.png
    When I install this mod, it gives an error, I installed your other mods and there was no problem. I like this mod very much, it has dark mode and other very nice features, but when you install it, it gives an error (com.android.phone) and the network is cut off. I searched for a solution for 2 weeks because I did not want to remove it. I couldn't find a solution, it doesn't give an error when I remove the mod. (TWRP 3.5.2_9.0 device n910c region Turkey) I hope that when the refined note 8 test phase is finished, the features in this mode will be included in the rom with the errors removed. i will wait 🙏
    Try to install this test version of the mod. This version for the time being for the test should be installed on a Refined Note 8 7.1.1, the previous version of the mod SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLED.

Download Mod
    Thank you so much!, and to aLL deveLopers! Hoooraah!..

I want to Learn. Adopt me, hehe
    Mod RisingNote4 2.3 was re-uploaded to yandex.disk. You can try again download and install.
    The first time I intaLLed the rom, Dark mode is working perfectLy, but since Im Testing it, I reinstaLL it everytime to try mods, remove unnecessary apps
    In Russia says "if it works, don't touch it". In short, broke.
    previously i can solve this by using code *#2263# to choose and lock 4G band