App Samsung Band Selection in Google Play.
No, it doesn't work. I've used Samsung Band Selection 1.5.0 by Ray W
It says, "Error: Hidden network settings activity not found on this device."
With adb from platform-tools_r34.0.1-windows.zip
, I was able to run
to obtain the logcat attached in this post.
I'm flashing on top of N910H hardware
, and in there, the LTE band 3 is broken
and causing Invalid SIM errors
. The LTE button sometimes work if the network behind-the-scene automatically select on other than band 3. And that is chaotic, very unreliable, as signal strength is location dependent.
My installation step:
- Within twrp-3.7.0_9-0-treltexx recovery, I flashed REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2.zip, reboot to system, do initial setup as usual.
- Back to recovery again, I flashed Konup_RisingNote4_for_RefinedNote8_7.1.1_ver.2.3.zip, then reboot to system.
- Back to recovery again, I flashed Helios_Kernel-V3.1-N910C.H-20200809.img, and then flashed Magisk 26101 d0c93842 app-debug.apk, then reboot to system.
- Install the Magisk apk above, open it, do additional setup, reboot again
- Install Samsung Band Selection 1.5.0, open it, and tap on the LAUNCH BAND SELECTION button. And it will says, "Error: Hidden network settings activity not found on this device."
secret code is not available within Phone INFO 3.8.5 by vndnguyen
I don't know what to do.
I need to be able to lock LTE to band 1
Please help me.
Add lock band feature on this mod perhaps?
I've found a clue.
The 2263 secret code for Service Mode RIL is exist on REFINED_N7FE_6.0_PUBLIC.zip
and I was able to lock LTE to band 1. And with the help of App Manager 3.1.0 by MuntashirAkon
, I was able to locate its source directory, which is
. I'll attach the folder below.
But unfortunately, it's missing on REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2.zip
, could you please put it back and make sure it works on the upcoming mod updates?
I've tried to copy the folder of
to installed REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2.zip
with proper permission, the app got installed after reboot, but the secret code 2263 is nowhere to be found in Phone INFO app, what did I miss?
How do you make 2263 Service Mode RIL work on REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2.zip
I was able to launch 2263 secret code to lock LTE Band 1 but with another app by the same developer, it is Shortcut Master 1.2.7 by vndnguyen
So the current workaround at the moment is roughly like this.
- Within the latest twrp-treltexx recovery, flash REFINED_NOTE8_7.1_T2.zip, reboot to system, do initial setup as usual.
- You could do this without mods if you want it. But if you want mods then back on recovery again, first flash RisingNote4, then reboot. After that, if you don't want to use Footej Camera 2 then flash SamsungCamera7, then reboot. Also, if you don't want to use TouchWiz UI then flash OneUI, then reboot.
- Back to recovery again, flash Helios_Kernel-V3.1-N910C.H-20200809.img to boot partition.
- Still in recovery, mount the system partition, then open file manager, copy the
/system/priv-app/ModemSeviceMode folder that you have extracted from REFINED_N7FE_6.0_PUBLIC.zip to the mounted
- Change the permission of the folder with chmod to 0755 and the inside .apk file permission to 0644. You could check the permission from terminal with
stat /system/priv-app/ModemSeviceMode and
- Reboot to system
- Install latest Magisk apk, open it, it will ask to reboot again after direct install. (I use the debug channel, since it has more detailed log in case of errors),
- Install Shortcut Master 1.2.7 by vndnguyen.
- Open it > three dots menu > Secret Code Explorer > Look for 2263 > Tap it > Launch 0 > Grant superuser permission > Lock the band as you wish.
It turns out that, you could also use Phone INFO 3.8.5 by vndnguyen
. I just need to rebuild the list first. Install it > Open > three bars menu > Secret Codes > three dots menu > Rebuild List > Look for 2263 > Tap it > Launch 0 > Grant superuser permission > Lock the band as you wish.
It took me six days to figure all those out.
This is not the end and still need proper fix.
The problem right now is that, it doesn't persist on reboot. I have to lock the band on each boot. Is there any way to make it persist?