Reflash Poco f2 pro with QFIL through EDL

Search This thread

pimf

Jun 29, 2016
From the symptoms described above, it seems that your F2 pro has soldering problems with the SoC (system on chip) which is basically reballing the cpu
so basically the solution is:
1. try to reheat the soc and hope the soldering is solved.
2. Get a new motherboard (effectively, get a new phone)

Any guidance on the first solution? I have a heatgun, but don't want to destroy everything.

I can really use this phone as my other phone just got thrown on the floor by my little one.

BlackTrade30

Sep 27, 2020
ok. Some progress now. I'm able to access fastboot. However, the phone is not detected on the computer. Red light while charging is also not present anymore, although i doubt that this is the flexcable issue.

Does anyone know how i can reflash with a locked bootloader in Fastboot?
Hello there!

I have the same thing with my Poco F2 Pro.
I was flashing the latest Xiaomi EU build, and the flashing was interrupted.
I also don't get much life from the phone. Only red light when charging, but if it is plugged into the fast charger and I hold the power button, the led goes off for a second.
I didn't open the phone to short out the pins to enter EDL mode, but since you need an authorised account, I would have to pay some random dude to flash it for me. So I would like that to be my last resort. Also, I cannot enter EDL mode with any of the button combinations I read.
There might be a slim chance to find someone who would willingly flash a system onto it for free, but I highly doubt it. But I would still have to remove the back cover to do that.
So basically, I would like to ask you how you managed to get it working.
Thank you for reading it and I'm eager to hear from you!

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Hello there!

I have the same thing with my Poco F2 Pro.
I was flashing the latest Xiaomi EU build, and the flashing was interrupted.
I also don't get much life from the phone. Only red light when charging, but if it is plugged into the fast charger and I hold the power button, the led goes off for a second.
I didn't open the phone to short out the pins to enter EDL mode, but since you need an authorised account, I would have to pay some random dude to flash it for me. So I would like that to be my last resort. Also, I cannot enter EDL mode with any of the button combinations I read.
There might be a slim chance to find someone who would willingly flash a system onto it for free, but I highly doubt it. But I would still have to remove the back cover to do that.
So basically, I would like to ask you how you managed to get it working.
Thank you for reading it and I'm eager to hear from you!
Reviewing and reading I have noticed that many Poco F2 Pro and X3 Pro are suddenly dying and 99% of the time it is due to poor soldering of the SoC, the only permanent solution would be to take it to a micro-soldering center to change the old tin alloy for a new one. since if you only "update or flash" it through an authorized EDL, the problem will return in 1 or 2 months

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014

Any guidance on the first solution? I have a heatgun, but don't want to destroy everything.

I can really use this phone as my other phone just got thrown on the floor by my little one.
Reheating the SoC would be an option only to recover information since that would make the equipment work for a short period of time that can be days or weeks and it would return to the same thing, to do it yourself you would have to disarm, remove shields and apply 360 degrees Celsius with an air speed of 5 eye it would have to be with a hot air station where you can regulate the temperature very well since if you apply more temperature it would ruin your mainboard forever

Reactions: BlackTrade30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reheating the SoC would be an option only to recover information since that would make the equipment work for a short period of time that can be days or weeks and it would return to the same thing, to do it yourself you would have to disarm, remove shields and apply 360 degrees Celsius with an air speed of 5 eye it would have to be with a hot air station where you can regulate the temperature very well since if you apply more temperature it would ruin your mainboard forever