Reformating my minisd

Search This thread

killacam13

Dec 21, 2006
if I have a 1 gb mini sd n I want 2 reformat it do I need a certain program 2 do so or what?

killacam13

Dec 21, 2006
no I didn't get a usb adapter I got a sd adapter...maybe I can do something with that?...or maybe I can put it in the phone then format?...any help is appreciated...

xeno1

May 8, 2007
St. Louis
What I think he was talking about was a usb card reader. You usually have to put your mini SD card in the SD adapter so you can put it in the card reader so your pc will read it. If I remember right, I think total commander will reformat your card for you while it's in the phone though.

xeno1

May 8, 2007
St. Louis
Google for it, you should find it. Either that, or you could try looking in your start-->programs-->accessories folder. Most of the cooked ROM's here have been including it.

melvynadam

Jan 21, 2006
I just looked in TC and couldn't find a format feature. I don't need to format right now but I was checking the advice given here and am not sure it's right. Can someone point me to the right area of TC?

xeno1

May 8, 2007
St. Louis
I apolgize, somewhere recently I read in one of the forums that I go through on a daily basis that total commander provided a format function and so I passed on the information believing it to be true. Apparently it wasn't. I went through total commander and also went to their website and found nothing even mentioned about reformatting an SD card. Again, I apologize for the misinformation. You'd think I'd learn to check out information before re-posting it.

killacam13

Dec 21, 2006
well its the thought that counts...but a college of mine has a laptop with a slot 4 the sd card so i think i will b able to reformat there

mastertek

Aug 5, 2007
formatting mini sd woes....

you can format ur card in the phone using an app called pocket mechanic pro
get more info on www.wizcode.com
it does a whole lot also check it out
if u like it do a torrent search...

Aug 17, 2007
Buffalo
Resco explorer

I have Resco Explorer (or whatever the name is). It has a format option. I tried it, but never worked. Was it a fake menu item? :mad: Then I formatted it in my laptop. I used FAT format and had to use full format option (takes hell lot of time):eek: . The quick format option made the SD card unreadable in PPC.:confused:

Can I also use other formats with PPC? Like Fat32, NTFS?