• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Refresh Rate is stuck at 120hz on 60fps games(It shouldn't)

Search This thread

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Hi, good members of xda!
Recently flashed AICP custom rom on my poco f3 also have rooted via magisk
It seems that refresh rate mechanism would lock it on peak refresh rate(Settings-Additional device settings-Peak Refresh Rate) in following games(even though they don't support 120hz, which caused screen juddering):
***120hz compatibility verified using multiple sources***
Source 1 Source 2
Asphalt 9 Legends
Genshin Impact
#DRIVE
I love Hue(Supported, but refresh rate switching is very aggressive goes back and forth a lot)
Darkness Rises(Supported, but I have 60fps enabled, yet refresh rate is 120hz anyway)
I have a few questions:
1-Can I force 60hz on specific games or apps? (something like per-app profile in FK kernel manager source but with an option for refresh rate)
2-Is refresh rate switch mechanism mainly related to display panel or software?
3-should I find relevant forum of each game or open a thread on Mi forums?

Thanks in advance!

Shadowk1ller

Hi there, if you can't do it in other way, you can install macrodroid and make a macro that everytime you start those games it automatcally switches the maximum refresh rate to 60hz, and when you leave the game it switches back to 120hz, easy stuff to do...

Reactions: akudama

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Macrodroid can switch refresh rate too? Didn't know.. I mean I used macrodroid before, but since didn't have any HRR device, didn't think it could do it.
Edit: know I realize, scripting? Hmmm... Will search around and see how to do so...

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Hi there, if you can't do it in other way, you can install macrodroid and make a macro that everytime you start those games it automatcally switches the maximum refresh rate to 60hz, and when you leave the game it switches back to 120hz, easy stuff to do...
I used macrodroid, still no luck.. Tried a lot of combinations

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-151958_MacroDroid.png
    Screenshot_20211111-151958_MacroDroid.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 31

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Via md helper
md helper log, it seems it wants adb access... Interesting turn of events
Will grant and see what happens

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-154001_MD_Helper.png
    Screenshot_20211111-154001_MD_Helper.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 14

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Granted adb, peak refresh rate changed, still in game it says 120hz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-154815_MD_Helper.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-154815_MD_Helper.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15

Shadowk1ller

That's very strange, maybe there are two places you can change the refresh rate on that rom? If i remember correctly, on the first builds or crdoird i could change the refresh rate on display settings and on crdroid settings, if i changed it on display settings, after a reboot the settings reverted, but if i changed it on crdroid settings it would remain changed... I dont know if that rom as the same or maybe two places with the same setting...

Reactions: akudama

akudama

Nov 11, 2021
Well, I don't know either.. I posted a thread on macrodroid forum too.. Maybe guys over there can help
Thanks a bunch!
I'll keep experimenting with this matter... Since I have quite a lot of free time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's very strange, maybe there are two places you can change the refresh rate on that rom? If i remember correctly, on the first builds or crdoird i could change the refresh rate on display settings and on crdroid settings, if i changed it on display settings, after a reboot the settings reverted, but if i changed it on crdroid settings it would remain changed... I dont know if that rom as the same or maybe two places with the same setting...