• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Refresh rate problem!

Search This thread

yaaria

Aug 2, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-215211058.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-215211058.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

bASKOU

Mar 4, 2012
Nîmes
What number version is that?
Mine is the latest according to the phone and it still reduce refreshing rate at low brightness.

Thanks

It is far to be the latest version. I guess you have a Tencent game version with a global ROM so you'll never have OTA. Latest version is .98. .32 is no longer the latest version since 3 months

yaaria

Aug 2, 2017
It is far to be the latest version. I guess you have a Tencent game version with a global ROM so you'll never have OTA. Latest version is .98. .32 is no longer the latest version since 3 months

Thank you for your comment,
I was able to download and upgrade to the latest version but the black crash issue drives me crazy so I ended up sold the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried to switch to 60hz from 144hz but when I try to switch it back to 144hz. Nothing happens. It's still on 60hz. On the status bar it shows 144hz it doesn't feel 144hz at all. It feels 60hz.
    Edit: I tried to reboot and factory reset the phone it doesn't work as well
    Edit 2: I found the culprit. When I have my brightness low it seem to lock at 60hz. What ever refresh rate I set it on (90hz, 120hz or 144hz) But when I adjust my brightness higher (40% atleast) it seems to fix the bug. But for someone like me who's not used to high brightness. This is a real problem.
    I am also facing similar issue. Refresh rate is toggle works for 60Hz,90Hz and 120Hz. When I set refresh rate to auto, it set refresh to 90Hz. If I set refresh rate to 144Hz , it set refresh rate to 120 Hz(status bar shows 144hz which I believe wrong). I am attaching screen shot of my buld version and test

Can you post here that you set the brightness to the lowest and set the refresh rate to 144hz and test it via UFO Test and displayhz.com and take a screenshot.
    No my phone was on WW and I downloaded the latest WW-firmware from Asus website.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Auto refresh rate is bound to set the refresh rate to 90Hz and then increase it when you play a game. With 144 Hz, I'm also getting the ufotest max at 120Hz. But this was not the issue. The issue was, even though we set the refresh rate to 144Hz, the screen locks the refresh rate at 60Hz. If we use screeninfo android app or UFOTEST.com, then also, the refresh rate was showing 60Hz. I had to reset the phone. Currently, I'm not changing the refresh rate to lower ones as I'm afraid it might lock the refresh rate again at 60Hz.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Thanks a lot Sire :D. I thought I received a defective piece. Now I checked the refresh rate at higher brighness, then everything was fine. (Although at 144HZ also, the ufotest shows 120fps, but screeninfo app was showing 144Hz).

BTW, 'BLINK003' is this name inspired by Blackpink or something else?:p

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Thanks a lot Sire :D. I thought I received a defective piece. Now I checked the refresh rate at higher brighness, then everything was fine. (Although at 144HZ also, the ufotest shows 120fps, but screeninfo app was showing 144Hz).

BTW, 'BLINK003' is this name inspired by Blackpink or something else?:p

I think its just a coincidence but I like blackpink tho. BTW. Can you send a report for a refresh rate issue in the developer option and comment here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33333/broken-refresh-rate
    That is my thread for refresh rate issue. Write what you experience. That helps a lot for them to fix the bug ASAP. Thanks man.
    No problem. Chrome have limited. Try with samsung browser
    I tried the new Saturn live wallpapers (ported from miui 12) & I noticed black crush issue. However on using the screen balance app, I was able to minimise the black crush to certain extent. I think they need to recalibrate the display properly.
    Try on your units if you're facing black crush as well.