Question Refresh Rate stuck at 120hz (battery drain)

Search This thread
Oct 27, 2022
Pretty sure, my oneplus 10 pro is stuck at 120hz the whole time which drains A LOT of battery. BUT, isn't this phone meant to be LTPO 2.0 technology which has variable refresh rate as low as 1hz. I am so confused why it doesn't drop to 1hz. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP 🙏 . I tried those stupid apps like smart hertz and they are useless, shouldn't the phone itself drop to 1hz, like bruh

fozzy056

Jan 30, 2016
Nantes
Micromax A116
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Pretty sure, my oneplus 10 pro is stuck at 120hz the whole time which drains A LOT of battery. BUT, isn't this phone meant to be LTPO 2.0 technology which has variable refresh rate as low as 1hz. I am so confused why it doesn't drop to 1hz. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP 🙏 . I tried those stupid apps like smart hertz and they are useless, shouldn't the phone itself drop to 1hz, like bruh
Hi, in the developper options settings you can toggle on a settings that show you the live framerate of the screen. You will see it drops at 1hz when nothing is happening on the screen. Warning : it drops only to 10hz when brightness is at middle, and stay at 120hz all time at mid brightness
Hope it helps you

Edit : i tried and mine is also stuck at 120hz or 60hz but never dropping below 😄
It was working few months ago

Last edited:

abdozoon

Sep 2, 2012
It's stuck on 120hz on my side on lower brightness levels.
On the Standard refresh rate setting, it's altering between 60hz & 30hz on lower brightness levels.

fozzy056

Jan 30, 2016
Nantes
Micromax A116
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
@regrestbuyingOP10pro are you in quad HD + ? If so try to go back at full HD +, then reboot
On my side variable refresh rate worked again after that, but as soon as I go for quad HD it brake it 🙄
Still great battery life with quad HD tho

Edit : tried it again and does not worked this time. I really dont know what's causing that, maybe with debloat I disabled an app nedded for that

Last edited:

ues_t

Jul 16, 2022
Have you used the magisk module, because some time ago, because of some modules, the screen can only switch between 120 and 60hz

Reactions: fozzy056

fozzy056

Jan 30, 2016
Nantes
Micromax A116
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Have you used the magisk module, because some time ago, because of some modules, the screen can only switch between 120 and 60hz
Interesting, indeed I have some Magisk modules and Lsposed modules. I disabled them all but did not change... Still stuck at 120hz and dropping only to 60 and only when watching a vidéo or with keyboard openend, just as you described. I will restore some disabled system app to see if there is a link

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-02-10-24-36-66.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-02-10-24-36-66.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 29

ues_t

Jul 16, 2022
Interesting, indeed I have some Magisk modules and Lsposed modules. I disabled them all but did not change... Still stuck at 120hz and dropping only to 60 and only when watching a vidéo or with keyboard openend, just as you described. I will restore some disabled system app to see if there is a link
You can try to remove root to determine the problem

Reactions: fozzy056

fozzy056

Jan 30, 2016
Nantes
Micromax A116
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
So i removed root completely, i restored ALL the system apps that i disabled long time ago to debloat the phone, and removed some apps that can changes system settings such as Naptime, 3C toolbox, DarkQ
Rebooted a couple of times and this damn phone is still stuck at 120Hz
I will give up there, except if you have other ideas to test, but i'm too lazy to do a factory reset to see if a ****ter user app is causing this...
Someone have his phone that is dropping fine to 10hz or 1hz with OOS 13 C22, C25 or C26 ?
To know if it is not a system issue of these builds, please tell me 😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have never rooted my phone. Refresh rate is working fine for me on C26